Hello,

I would like to know how I do best possible backup from my current Xperia Pro (with Android 4.0.4; root), that I can restore on a BlackBerry Priv.
    Important for me are Apps (with their settings), Contacts and SMS.

I would be happy for any advices

Greetings
    04-21-16 09:11 AM
    It's not possible.

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    04-21-16 11:05 AM
    Hello,

I would like to know how I do best possible backup from my current Xperia Pro (with Android 4.0.4; root), that I can restore on a BlackBerry Priv.

Greetings
    I'm not sure that all of that can be done. When I first setup my Priv (and I don't recall the exact wording), it asked if I wanted to restore/copy/whatever my apps from my Samsung Tab. I guess I replied YES and they were on my Priv. I don't recall if their settings was restored. In addition, as long as you setup the Priv using the same Gmail info/account, you can re-download the apps but then you do not get settings.

I had my Contacts and Calendar associated with my Gmail email account and those came over when I recreated the account on the Priv.

Moving from a BB Z30 to the Priv, there was a Content Transfer app. I don't know if it works from your non-BB phone. But it was limited to a certain number of texts. There is a thread where folks used some 3rd party app that brought them all over.

Good luck and enjoy the Priv.

And WELCOME to Crackberry.
    04-21-16 12:19 PM
    Hello,

Greetings
    If your phone is rooted, I believe titanium backup would work. But I'm not 100% sure.
    04-21-16 01:24 PM
    If your phone is rooted, I believe titanium backup would work. But I'm not 100% sure.
    Receiving end also need to be rooted, which the Priv is not.

Apps Settings should mostly be backed up on the cloud, I say mostly because there are quite a few exceptions. SMS and Call Log, SMS Backup+ with Gmail works good.
    04-21-16 01:41 PM
    Receiving end also need to be rooted, which the Priv is not.
    I forgot the Priv can't be rooted. Sorry, my bad.
    04-21-16 01:42 PM
    I forgot the Priv can't be rooted. Sorry, my bad.
    A couple of people have attempted to throw dirt on them but they have failed to sprout!
    dejanh likes this.
    04-21-16 02:16 PM
    A couple of people have attempted to throw dirt on them but they have failed to sprout!
    OMG, you're too much!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-16 03:56 PM
    You can try Helium which doesn't require root. It does seem to be more glitchey than Titanium (probably the root issue) but its the best there is if you don't have root option.

There is a note in the Helium Wiki That some Sony devices won't let it backup. That may also be the case with PRIV.
    04-21-16 05:18 PM
    You can try Helium which doesn't require root. It does seem to be more glitchey than Titanium (probably the root issue) but its the best there is if you don't have root option.

There is a note in the Helium Wiki That some Sony devices won't let it backup. That may also be the case with PRIV.
    The OP has the Xperia Pro, not me. The Xperia Pro was made by Sony Ericsson, so it might be possible. It's when Sony divorced Ericsson that things went downhill from there, IMO. I had tons of Sony Ericsson's. They made excellent devices back then.
    04-21-16 05:38 PM

Tried it, didn't work. All it does is it hangs there and then saying nothing to backup.

Didn't try again with Marshmallow though.
    04-21-16 07:00 PM

I had to download the Android SDK for the updated ADB files from Google and replace the ADB files in my Helium install folder in order for my priv to be recognized
    09-29-16 07:38 AM