I'm talking about a small, imbedded screen on the back of the slider mechanism that's covered when the keyboard is closed. When the slider is extended, you'd have that small screen to take advantage of group shots/selfies with that awesome 18 mp camera versus the 5 mp camera in the front.
    10-13-15 03:09 PM
    Yea..

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:13 PM
    The Priv is a productivity phone, not a toy. Please resort to your selfie stick if you want to do that.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:25 PM
    Yup... one more thing to get scratched....
    10-13-15 03:25 PM
    It really is depressing watching the desperation and plain craziness that shows up on CrackBerry before the 'new era' device/OS launches.

The posts were just as ridiculous before the Torch 9800/OS7 and Z10/BB10.
    *sighs*
    10-13-15 03:32 PM
    Yotaphone.
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-13-15 03:33 PM
    Not sure how that would help with selfie shots!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:34 PM
    Not sure how that would help with selfie shots!

Posted via CB10
    Well, you'd use the small screen to center your shot with the higher megapixel (back) camera .

Not sure how you would actually scratch that screen with the slider retracted.

I don't own a selfie stick and it wouldn't help using the B A C K, higher megapixel camera for shots. I don't take selfie's but I do take group/couple shots. I thought it would be a cool feature and re-utilize some dead space.

I'm not sure how this would take away from productivity either. I carry one device and I want it to wear several hats. I don't see a problem.
    10-13-15 03:41 PM
    I like this idea, but only if it doesn't increase the thickness of the Priv, or decrease the battery size, and I suspect it would have to do one or the other.

Posted via CB10
    TommyBB likes this.
    10-13-15 03:53 PM
    I like this idea, but only if it doesn't increase the thickness of the Priv, or decrease the battery size, and I suspect it would have to do one or the other.

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking a low res, possibly OLED screen. Not only do you get to utilize the better camera lens but you also have the benefit of the flash in low light conditions.
    10-13-15 04:00 PM
    I think their money would be better spent putting the same quality rear lens on the front as well.
    10-13-15 04:08 PM
    OMG this selfie culture, why not just do a flip screen like the Olympus epl6... Cause really who cares.. You know, it's bloody easy to just put equivalent cameras on the front n back and it's only a cost issue! So why even bother with your suggestion, just ask for a phone with same cameras back and front. Easier, cleaner and more reliable solution.
    10-13-15 04:31 PM
    I think their money would be better spent putting the same quality rear lens on the front as well.
    Oops, didn't see your post.
    10-13-15 04:31 PM
    The Priv is a productivity phone, not a toy. Please resort to your selfie stick if you want to do that.

Posted via CB10
    Therein lies one of the big reasons why BB dropped in marketshare like a led balloon. Workers... profesional or so-called blue-collar are humans at the end of the day. And at the end of that day, they wanna have fun cause you know, work can get get burned out. People if they can just wanna carry one device that can be used for both fun & work. BB failed to see that. And it's also why workers rebelled against their IT Dept. and the whole BYOD trend took off with no letup. People wanna have fun.... even at work if you can imagine that.

My employer ditched Blackberries 3 years ago. A rebellion by the high tech employees that didn't want to carry 2 phones or be caught dead with a BB. IT Dept was neutered and company switched to IPhones.
    Xaiux and Omar Alsahli like this.
    10-13-15 05:13 PM
    The second screen is used for different purposes in Russia.

https://yotaphone.com/us-en/

Attachment 375712

Attachment 375713
    10-13-15 06:00 PM
    Therein lies one of the big reasons why BB dropped in marketshare like a led balloon. Workers... profesional or so-called blue-collar are humans at the end of the day. And at the end of that day, they wanna have fun cause you know, work can get get burned out. People if they can just wanna carry one device that can be used for both fun & work. BB failed to see that. And it's also why workers rebelled against their IT Dept. and the whole BYOD trend took off with no letup. People wanna have fun.... even at work if you can imagine that.

My employer ditched Blackberries 3 years ago. A rebellion by the high tech employees that didn't want to carry 2 phones or be caught dead with a BB. IT Dept was neutered and company switched to IPhones.
    Agree and disagree.

I get your point about bringing "fun" into work as a balance. Probably the very same reason slab phones are popular, as they are much more appropriate for "fun" use. Large screens and multi-touch is much better for media consumption.

However, to me, the scale has tipped too far towards the "fun" side, and as a result every manufacturer ended up with the same formula. So for the very same reason of balance, I feel that the Priv doesn't need to be those "fun" phones, it should focus more on productivity. Maybe I'm in the minority, I much prefer much less on that fun scale, and I believe that this is a space in Android that is underserved(tm).
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10-13-15 at 07:25 PM.
    10-13-15 06:50 PM
    Webos had a mirror.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:56 PM
    I'd reckon having the phone perform BJs would be awesomer then a screen on the back. But then again they are so many awesome features you can wish list. Why make a thread on that? Discussing reality is generally more useful.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:07 PM
    I'd reckon having the phone perform BJs would be awesomer then a screen on the back. But then again they are so many awesome features you can wish list. Why make a thread on that? Discussing reality is generally more useful.

Posted via CB10
    I prefer my Bj's from a human of the female persuasion. I do see you're into dolls and banging your micro SD slot. To each his own, I won't judge you.

So you shouldn't judge my thread. I had an idea that I thought would be cool. No need to bring your latex girlfriend into the fray. Simply move it along or at the very least keep your sarcasm to yourself.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 09:56 PM
    I prefer my Bj's from a human of the female persuasion. I do see you're into dolls and banging your micro SD slot. To each his own, I won't judge you.

So you shouldn't judge my thread. I had an idea that I thought would be cool. No need to bring your latex girlfriend into the fray. Simply move it along or at the very least keep your sarcasm to yourself.

Posted via CB10
    I just said what I said. All the latex dolls and SD card action are in your head my friend. And you have some double standard logic going on too.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 02:18 AM
    The second screen is used for different purposes in Russia.

https://yotaphone.com/us-en/

Attachment 375712

Attachment 375713
    Thanks for the link. Interesting phone they have there. i'm guessing the e-ink screen uses very little energy (always on, wow) and real estate.
    10-14-15 08:38 AM
    Well, you'd use the small screen to center your shot with the higher megapixel (back) camera .

Not sure how you would actually scratch that screen with the slider retracted.

I don't own a selfie stick and it wouldn't help using the B A C K, higher megapixel camera for shots. I don't take selfie's but I do take group/couple shots. I thought it would be a cool feature and re-utilize some dead space.

I'm not sure how this would take away from productivity either. I carry one device and I want it to wear several hats. I don't see a problem.
    Perhaps Toys R Us may take your idea. We are talking about a toxic brand, on life support trying to market it's lifeline product, and the best you can come up with is a screen on the back to take selfies? Wow!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 03:22 PM
    Perhaps Toys R Us may take your idea. We are talking about a toxic brand, on life support trying to market it's lifeline product, and the best you can come up with is a screen on the back to take selfies? Wow!

Posted via CB10
    It's painfully obvious that they don't have this and they most likely won't ever have it. I never said it was a company or brand saving idea. Simply, it would have been something cool for some wasted real estate. I consider the PKB a waste because I don't use one. Never did. After buying the Priv, I probably still won't. There's probably half a dozen different Android phones that would work better for me since I don't use a PKB. Even iOS. I'll buy the Priv to support the company and brand I love.

Take a deep breath and calm down. My thoughts were simply that, nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 07:01 PM