I've already gotten 98% of my pictures since they were in the sd card. I'm trying to preserve my text messages, call logs etc in particular, some group messages I need which can't be replaced. A friend who died a year ago, probably got some texts on there from him. I also want my Priv functioning as it was so I can try to get my KEYone settings to duplicate them as close as possible. This is how I've done every phone change since the mid-2000s.
    There's an app that can transfer Text Messages. Not sure about call logs or the group stuff.

I don't know enough about the internals to know if this works or can throw off the IMEI number of other internal checking done by the booting OS or even the carrier's info on the phone.

Good luck. Report back on Franken-BB (g)
    04-19-17 07:23 PM
    F&#@k F&#@k F&#@k F&#@k ... Lost it again.
    05-15-17 05:24 AM
    Super Back Up https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...contacts&hl=en
    will backup and restore SMS, MMS, contacts, call logs, and some other stuff. Works pretty well. The default backup location is internal memory, so make sure you set SD as location. If I remember correctly, it tells you this and gives the option to change it.
    Course that is assuming you can get the phone to work long enough to download and use.
    05-15-17 06:40 PM
    Hi. Only to add to the problem.

Bought an AT&T Unlocked version on Amazon.com on June 2017. Loved the (now) cheap device with premium features.
    Few weeks later the whole touch screen started to stop working from time to time. Oddly, I would need to boot holding power button once, back to pattern login to complete boot twice. First time touch wouldn't work. Then boot again holding power button and it would work perfectly.
    That was happening in a strange way: Like for one full day having to boot twice each 50 minutes or so. Then working ok for days.
    Today I had the problem, but it wouldn't work again, even booting 30+ times.

I followed the steps described here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...76&postcount=2 - to get rid of ALL AT&T TRASH LIKE DIRECTV AND AT&T MAPS -(WTF? Why do these operators thing they know something? They only destroy devices they touch) and it didn't work.
    Everything works but the touch screen.
    Everything is perfect, device looks like brand new, but no touch screen.
    I was wondering if that could be a small capacitor/ resistor, but in this electronics level it's hard to know.
    What seemed like a software problem now converted in apparently a hardware problem.
    Shame so many people have this problem.
    I will not buy a Blackberry again due to this problem.

Anybody with a similar problem?
    Last edited by mimmesmo; 07-26-17 at 07:09 PM.
    07-26-17 06:47 PM
    I found out that my phone had a hardware problem. Bought another amazing Priv and had no further problems. Lack of support made me post my comments.
    01-15-18 08:08 PM
    Hi. Only to add to the problem.

Bought an AT&T Unlocked version on Amazon.com on June 2017. Loved the (now) cheap device with premium features.
    Few weeks later the whole touch screen started to stop working from time to time. Oddly, I would need to boot holding power button once, back to pattern login to complete boot twice. First time touch wouldn't work. Then boot again holding power button and it would work perfectly.
    That was happening in a strange way: Like for one full day having to boot twice each 50 minutes or so. Then working ok for days.
    Today I had the problem, but it wouldn't work again, even booting 30+ times.

I followed the steps described here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...76&postcount=2 - to get rid of ALL AT&T TRASH LIKE DIRECTV AND AT&T MAPS -(WTF? Why do these operators thing they know something? They only destroy devices they touch) and it didn't work.
    Everything works but the touch screen.
    Everything is perfect, device looks like brand new, but no touch screen.
    I was wondering if that could be a small capacitor/ resistor, but in this electronics level it's hard to know.
    What seemed like a software problem now converted in apparently a hardware problem.
    Shame so many people have this problem.
    I will not buy a Blackberry again due to this problem.

Anybody with a similar problem?
    I don't think it's BlackBerry's fault, Not saying it's yours either so please don't take it that way.. I own 2 Priv's and i have 6 to 7 friends who use the Priv and have been just like me from the release date, I haven't had any issues at all other than some heating issues but that was fixed after the Marshmallow Update.. I love the look and display on the Priv and it's my favorite Android that I own, and I own a bunch from Samsung, LG, Nexus, Etc and the Priv is my favorite.. I have 2 Note 8's and the S8 + which are amazing devices but I still prefer the Priv.. Anyways I hope you get your issues resolved. #Blackerry4Life
    01-15-18 09:43 PM
31 12