When composing a new email from the Hub (gmail account) - when I begin to type in the body of the email the redline does not appear under miss-spelled words.

However, it does work in the subject line. Very strange. It also works as expected in BBM, Notes, Tasks etc.. and in the gmail app.
    But I don't want to use the gmail app, i want to work with emails directly from the hub.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks
    01-29-16 10:02 PM
    Are you using the hardware or software keyboard? I'm not sure if that matters, but I think in another thread someone was saying that the spell check is spotty when using the physical KB.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 10:03 PM
    It doesn't matter which keyboard I use... the spell checker with word options just don't show up when composing the email..

But it works everywhere else, even in the subject heading of the same email!
    01-29-16 10:05 PM
    It doesn't matter which keyboard I use... the spell checker with word options don't appear when composing the email that originates in the hub

But it works everywhere else, even in the subject heading of the same email!
    here is a screenshot...

Help! No spell check in email body from hub ???-screenshot_2016-01-29-20-17-19.jpg
    01-29-16 10:19 PM
    Definitely weird... did you get the recent keyboard update?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 10:20 PM
    Yup. It's all updated... even the most recent ones that were released yesterday
    01-29-16 10:23 PM
    Same here, no spelling check in the body.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-29-16 10:30 PM
    Huh?

So spell check works for text messages but the functionality wasn't included for email? this seems like a very bizarre oversight. it doesn't make sense, it works fine in gmail and other mail apps.

Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks
    01-29-16 10:35 PM
    Not only that. Even in the subject line, spelling check is not consistent. For example, in the screenshot below, the first four b's in the subject line is highlighted as wrong spelling but not the second group.

To reproduce this, type bbbb and a space after them and you will see the highlight. Type bbbb, without adding a space afterwards, directly touch the email body to move the cursor there, and you will find it not being highlighted as a wrong spelling.

Hope this can be fixed.

Help! No spell check in email body from hub ???-13660.jpg

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-29-16 10:58 PM
    uhhhg.

I can't write replies to business emails all day and not have a working spell check

> does anyone have spell check working on a priv within an email that originated from the hub?

I have been talking to support and have a ticket number or whatever it is...
    01-29-16 11:12 PM