Hey guys,

So I've definitely done some searching and I'll do a quick list of things I've tried. I'm hopeful I've overlooked something though, so that there is a solution.

What happened:
    -Downloaded 6.0 update, was impatient and restarted the device because it wasn't restarting yet... Stupid as after my trusty 9700 was aging, I had been an Android user since (was comfortable with rooting procedures and roms etc. so was relatively comfortable with the oS). Total brain fart on my part.
    -After restarting, could not find update.
    -Did searching, tried to set clock forward, tried to clear Google Service Framework ***
    -Did a factory reset.

Phone still thinks its up to date.

*** To clear Google Service Framework I noticed that some people say to "clear cache, clear data, force stop, restart". I was not able to clear cache at all (the button just did not work) so I had to clear data.

Any ideas on what I can do guys? I factory restart last night and still no update - though, should I wait longer?

I'm not sure how the updates get pushed out...

Thanks!
    11-08-16 08:28 AM
    Hey guys,

So I've definitely done some searching and I'll do a quick list of things I've tried. I'm hopeful I've overlooked something though, so that there is a solution.

What happened:
    -Downloaded 6.0 update, was impatient and restarted the device because it wasn't restarting yet... Stupid as after my trusty 9700 was aging, I had been an Android user since (was comfortable with rooting procedures and roms etc. so was relatively comfortable with the oS). Total brain fart on my part.
    -After restarting, could not find update.
    -Did searching, tried to set clock forward, tried to clear Google Service Framework ***
    -Did a factory reset.

Phone still thinks its up to date.

*** To clear Google Service Framework I noticed that some people say to "clear cache, clear data, force stop, restart". I was not able to clear cache at all (the button just did not work) so I had to clear data.

Any ideas on what I can do guys? I factory restart last night and still no update - though, should I wait longer?

I'm not sure how the updates get pushed out...

Thanks!
    Welcome to Crackberry.

That happened to my ShopBB Priv when I first got it and it said to update. I thought it meant I should restart it - WRONG. When it finally did do the update download again, I just left it sitting and it finally restarted on its own. Then still took quite a while as it updated about 70 or so modules.

Try changing the time/date ahead by about 3 days or so. Then try. But since your OS is not really current, I presume that even if that does not work, you will eventually be back in the update queue and get it. Which carrier? Verizon? I'm still waiting.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-08-16 08:57 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

That happened to my ShopBB Priv when I first got it and it said to update. I thought it meant I should restart it - WRONG. When it finally did do the update download again, I just left it sitting and it finally restarted on its own. Then still took quite a while as it updated about 70 or so modules.

Try changing the time/date ahead by about 3 days or so. Then try. But since your OS is not really current, I presume that even if that does not work, you will eventually be back in the update queue and get it. Which carrier? Verizon? I'm still waiting.
    Hi F2. Thanks for the welcmoe - perhaps my old ID disappeared but I've been a CBer back before my Android days. 8320/9700/PB - hybrid OS's when OS6 first came out. Good times.

I came across your posts while searching for my issue. I noted in my post (no worries!) about changing the time/date ahead 3 days. Well, I did a few options, even a week lol.

Nothing.

I guess that was my question is if I'll be back in the update queue or not. Does the phone check for the updates? Or does the provider kind of do a check and the phone responds that it doesn't have a current update? I'm not sure.

I'm with Rogers in Canada. According to online sources this update should've been available months ago. I just got the phone though.
    11-08-16 09:01 AM
    Hi F2. Thanks for the welcmoe - perhaps my old ID disappeared but I've been a CBer back before my Android days. 8320/9700/PB - hybrid OS's when OS6 first came out. Good times.

I came across your posts while searching for my issue. I noted in my post (no worries!) about changing the time/date ahead 3 days. Well, I did a few options, even a week lol.

Nothing.

I guess that was my question is if I'll be back in the update queue or not. Does the phone check for the updates? Or does the provider kind of do a check and the phone responds that it doesn't have a current update? I'm not sure.

I'm with Rogers in Canada. According to online sources this update should've been available months ago. I just got the phone though.
    Well, then welcome BACK!

There's been vague discussion of whether or not Google or the carrier might blacklist or slow down the upgrade for those who check too often. Who knows.

Eventually, you should get it. I guess you could stop by Rogers and see if they can help. But you should be re-queued again, I suspect.

Or if you have not invested a lot of time in setup, you could use the Autoloader. They are discussed in the Sticky thread - just find the one for your model and run it manually. It will WIPE your phone although there is a way to edit the file and avoid the Wipe.
    11-08-16 12:03 PM

Nothing.

Well, then welcome BACK!

There's been vague discussion of whether or not Google or the carrier might blacklist or slow down the upgrade for those who check too often. Who knows.

Eventually, you should get it. I guess you could stop by Rogers and see if they can help. But you should be re-queued again, I suspect.

Or if you have not invested a lot of time in setup, you could use the Autoloader. They are discussed in the Sticky thread - just find the one for your model and run it manually. It will WIPE your phone although there is a way to edit the file and avoid the Wipe.
    11-08-16 12:04 PM
    Well, then welcome BACK!

Thanks F2! I'll look into that. I will definitely search the thread when I have a chance tonight but in your opinion, will the autoloader affect my eligibility for any future updates?
    11-08-16 12:38 PM
    Thanks F2! I'll look into that. I will definitely search the thread when I have a chance tonight but in your opinion, will the autoloader affect my eligibility for any future updates?
    I don't think so. The only issue I've read about was for some people where the Autoloader and/or beta versions had different numbers, so which one was ultimately newer or higher. But many have used them without issue if you follow the directions.

I'm considering it with Verizon being its usual slow self!!!
    11-08-16 01:04 PM