Anyone else feeling that BlackBerry luncher is slowing down the device? Also if anyone did try replacing the BlackBerry luncher, could you please recommend me with one (ad free)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-31-16 08:39 PM
    I Google launcher makes the priv much quicker in my opinion.

03-31-16 09:05 PM
    The obvious alternative would be the Google Now Launcher. But you'll have to put up with the large icons (which I personally am not a big fan of..)

03-31-16 09:35 PM
    Mmm, lunch! Since you ask, no, I am not experiencing lag with the BlackBerry launcher. Seems to work just fine on my Priv.

03-31-16 09:35 PM
    The BlackBerry Launcher is pretty slow. I much prefer the speed and customization that Nova Launcher provides, but Apex, Google Now Launcher, Aviate and others also work really well. It's a pity that the BlackBerry Launcher is so slow, as it does have a couple of features that I like.
    03-31-16 09:38 PM
    It wasn't slow like this before the previous two updates

03-31-16 09:43 PM
    Of course it's a heavy luncher. It lunched in the American market first.
    03-31-16 10:27 PM
    I'm hungry!

*ME173X
    03-31-16 10:56 PM
    Is it becoming the battle of the launchers again? Lol

I've used Nova Launcher on my 1st Priv and it worked fine. It's so customisable as well. But I'm doing fine with BlackBerry Launcher on my current Priv.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    03-31-16 11:45 PM
    I think it's healthier to eat your main meal in the evening.

04-01-16 04:08 AM
    Question:

If I uninstall there BlackBerry Launcher (which only really reverts to the original version that came with the OS before updates, and reinstall the latest update, will I lose my homescreen icon settings and shortcuts?

04-02-16 12:43 PM
    The phone slows down a lot in the last couple of weeks. I don't wanna try using different launchers cause I love the hub but I don't know how much longer I can deal with this lag.

04-02-16 01:16 PM
    That's why I want to try to uninstall and reinstall the launcher. But I don't want to lose my customizations which took so long to get right

oakakaemmy likes this.
    04-02-16 01:23 PM
    The phone slows down a lot in the last couple of weeks. I don't wanna try using different launchers cause I love the hub but I don't know how much longer I can deal with this lag.

The hub is an app. You don't lose it. I have it on my Nova home screen.

04-02-16 03:56 PM
    Yes but will the settings be lost when it's rolled back to the original version?

04-02-16 06:17 PM
    The hub is an app. You don't lose it. I have it on my Nova home screen.

Time to get a new launcher 😊

04-02-16 07:40 PM
    It wasn't slow like this before the previous two updates

Second that. The March update is a step backward in stability and performance. I ended up not using any of the new feature and ,
    wish there was a way to go back to February version.....
    04-03-16 02:22 AM
    It became slow with the two last updates for me too. I don't really want to use another launcher because there is some cool features in the BlackBerry launcher...

04-03-16 05:35 AM
    Ok so nobody answered me on rolling back the Launcher to the stock version, so I did it, and yes it reset all my homescreens.
    I'm reorganizing it to match how I had it before, but the lag is gone.
    I will wait until the next update (it might not be until the Marshmallow release) to update it again.

04-03-16 11:14 AM
    Ok so nobody answered me on rolling back the Launcher to the stock version, so I did it, and yes it reset all my homescreens.
    I'm reorganizing it to match how I had it before, but the lag is gone.
    I will wait until the next update (it might not be until the Marshmallow release) to update it again.

I fear nobody answered because your way is the only possible way: Restore it to the original version. I guess you could also try setting up your Priv from scratch using the Autoloader, but I think that's too much hassle.

By the way my BlackBerry Launcher didn't get worse with the March update at all, still performing the same as it did before. But I also only have two homescreens and, besides a clock, no actual widgets running.
    Having said that, I still switched to Nova Launcher for the time being, the homescreen and app drawer feels a tad more responsive, but nothing worth mentioning IMHO.
    04-03-16 11:51 AM
    Of course it's a heavy luncher. It lunched in the American market first.
    Haha. I resemble that remark

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 12:48 PM
    I just lol'd myself.... I like to use my BlackBerry Luncher when I's gets hungry. MMMN

With the others, they are cool, and i love have more control, but BlackBerry has a reason for every reason they didn't incorperate anything. This is why we shop BlackBerry.
    04-03-16 01:42 PM
    I fear nobody answered because your way is the only possible way: Restore it to the original version. I guess you could also try setting up your Priv from scratch using the Autoloader, but I think that's too much hassle.

By the way my BlackBerry Launcher didn't get worse with the March update at all, still performing the same as it did before. But I also only have two homescreens and, besides a clock, no actual widgets running.
    Having said that, I still switched to Nova Launcher for the time being, the homescreen and app drawer feels a tad more responsive, but nothing worth mentioning IMHO.
    I definitely got the lag only after the last two updates, and now on the original version I've had zero lag for almost a whole day.
    For sure there was an issue with the updates. Others have experienced the same lag.

04-03-16 04:13 PM