Try accubattery. It's an app with really detailed battery stats.
    02-24-17 08:07 AM
    Try accubattery. It's an app with really detailed battery stats.
    Ok thank you
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    02-24-17 10:34 AM
    Sorry for what will be the least helpful addition but are you up to date with the OS? (android 6.0.1). I have not had issues with heat or performance drop since that update. I don't run all the apps you do but I do run some intensive resource heavy apps.

R
    02-24-17 03:45 PM
    I've noticed on my battery reports Im seeing phone idle and cell standby starting to take up about 5-10% battery usage each. It's crazy how fast the battery goes from 100-90 - it just lost 4% loading the cbc website in chrome. And 2% me typing this.
    02-24-17 05:16 PM
    Thx. But a installation with an autoloader ist nothing for me. I think i use my Priv till it explode

Or i wait for the Android 7 Update
    Could try to wipe the device.
    02-24-17 05:28 PM
    Sorry for what will be the least helpful addition but are you up to date with the OS? (android 6.0.1). I have not had issues with heat or performance drop since that update. I don't run all the apps you do but I do run some intensive resource heavy apps.

R
    Yes i updated after i buy the device

And i make for the second time a clean wipe and install my device new. The heating issue comes again.
    02-24-17 10:01 PM
    Try these steps right here, credit goes to @ccfixx for posting in another thread. Wiping the cache partition just may resolve your issues and these steps will not delete your apps or data. It just sort of cleans up the device when wonkiness occurs.

Hold Power button + Volume Down at the same time.
    Use the volume keys to scroll through the headers until it says Recovery Mode.
    Press Power button to make your choice. (This will bring up the little Android icon lying on his back with his belly open.)
    Hold down the Power button and then press the Volume Up button, which will bring up a list of commands to choose from.
    Use the volume keys to scroll down to 'Wipe cache partition' and use the Power button to select the option. This could take a few minutes. After it's finished, though, the same list of options will come up and you just have to choose the first option, 'Reboot system now' with the Power button.
    02-25-17 07:48 PM
    Try these steps right here, credit goes to @ccfixx for posting in another thread. Wiping the cache partition just may resolve your issues and these steps will not delete your apps or data. It just sort of cleans up the device when wonkiness occurs.

Hold Power button + Volume Down at the same time.
    Use the volume keys to scroll through the headers until it says Recovery Mode.
    Press Power button to make your choice. (This will bring up the little Android icon lying on his back with his belly open.)
    Hold down the Power button and then press the Volume Up button, which will bring up a list of commands to choose from.
    Use the volume keys to scroll down to 'Wipe cache partition' and use the Power button to select the option. This could take a few minutes. After it's finished, though, the same list of options will come up and you just have to choose the first option, 'Reboot system now' with the Power button.
    That doesnt work on my priv. I have only a bootloader Menu. No recovery Mode.

My Priv gets hot hot hot
    Last edited by Kommandant; 02-27-17 at 03:19 AM.
    02-26-17 08:41 AM
    Anybody an idea ?

My Priv is hot all the time. It's annoying 😦
    02-27-17 11:50 AM
    That doesnt work on my priv. I have only a bootloader Menu. No recovery Mode.

My Priv gets hot hot hot
    Simply go to Settings, then Storage & USB, then choose Internal Storage, click on Cached Data to clear the cache.
    Kommandant likes this.
    02-27-17 01:37 PM
    My Priv gets hot in areas with poor signal at times, with good signal, I don't have a problem. By poor signal, I mean, somewhere where it has to continually search for a decent signal. Not really the phone's fault.
    02-27-17 01:39 PM
    I change in the network settings : only 3G / 4G. That's solved my problem with the signal. But the Apps burning my Priv down xD
    02-27-17 02:09 PM
    I test the PRIV since Nov.2016.

I recognize some apps they heating up the PRIV extremely. I've got some messages that my phone is too hot. That's not a good sign :/

These Apps heating up my Priv :
    - Instagram : storys or live option.
    - Youtube Videos
    - Snapchat
    - Facebook or Metal App
    - WhatsApp picture / video sending option
    - taking pictures or Video in 4K or FullHD with 60fps
    - writing in the Crackberry App this comment xD
    - Youtube Studio
    - Netflix
    - Facebook Pages
    - Google Playstore
    - Barcoo

Have anyone these problems?

My Priv gettin so hot that i put it in the icebox xD

System: newest Android 6 and security update. App up to date.

Cheers
    And sorry for my bad english
    Definitely not the standard. Something wrong is going on. You have a rogue app creating issues I'd think.
    02-27-17 06:02 PM
    Havent you had any bigger OS updates except security patches? You should always perform OS updates via clean install. These problems are quite normal, if you updated without reinstalling the whole system.

Sorry, if someone mentioned, or you earlier told you haven't done anything like that, I didn't read the entire thread.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    02-28-17 09:50 AM
    I change in the network settings : only 3G / 4G. That's solved my problem with the signal. But the Apps burning my Priv down xD
    Did you try turning the network off?
    02-28-17 11:23 AM
    Havent you had any bigger OS updates except security patches? You should always perform OS updates via clean install. These problems are quite normal, if you updated without reinstalling the whole system.

Sorry, if someone mentioned, or you earlier told you haven't done anything like that, I didn't read the entire thread.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    Yes. I make 2 x a clean install. After that it get hot again.
    02-28-17 11:28 AM
    Did you try turning the network off?
    Yes. But nothing get better when i use only my WLAN. without mobile network.
    02-28-17 11:31 AM
    Taaadaaaa. A new heat issue.

When i open chrome and search on the Internet and i get a call , my Priv gets hot as f***. My call duration was under 10 min. But it gets so hot i cannot put it on my ear.

Slowly i hate this device. It's annoying
    03-17-17 08:52 AM
    My Priv gets hot in areas with poor signal at times, with good signal, I don't have a problem. By poor signal, I mean, somewhere where it has to continually search for a decent signal. Not really the phone's fault.
    I've noticed this issue as well. Causes the battery to drain more quickly as well. I've noticed a huge difference when the phone is sitting in location and on Wi-Fi.
    03-17-17 10:05 AM
    Taaadaaaa. A new heat issue.

When i open chrome and search on the Internet and i get a call , my Priv gets hot as f***. My call duration was under 10 min. But it gets so hot i cannot put it on my ear.

Slowly i hate this device. It's annoying
    Seems pretty obvious that you have a defective device. I'd try and see if you can swap it out.
    03-17-17 10:06 AM
    Android and the PRIV hardware won't be friends 😂
    03-17-17 11:37 AM
46 12