Hi all. So I posted the other day that the front facing camera has green lines all over it when I try and take photographs. I've discovered the culprit.

When the phone gets really hot, the front facing camera gets the green tinge/lines. Not sure exactly why this happens, but if I turn off some apps and leave the phone for a while, it cools down and the camera works fine.

Does anyone have this issue? Is it worth me getting a replacement or is this something BlackBerry can fix trough a software update?
    11-15-15 12:49 PM
    Hi all. So I posted the other day that the front facing camera has green lines all over it when I try and take photographs. I've discovered the culprit.

When the phone gets really hot, the front facing camera gets the green tinge/lines. Not sure exactly why this happens, but if I turn off some apps and leave the phone for a while, it cools down and the camera works fine.

Does anyone have this issue? Is it worth me getting a replacement or is this something BlackBerry can fix trough a software update?
    This happened with my daughters Priv when she was on Skype.
    11-15-15 12:54 PM
    Try using the battery saver mode and then let us know what happens.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 02:52 PM

I assume because sensors are getting affected by heat. I'm guessing a light sensor being affected by heat is an "oh crap" moment.

Wait a few, BlackBerry is looking into it. They'll want to address this in software to prevent RMA's.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:42 PM
    I would take my phone back if it was doing that. What's the other option? I wouldn't wait for a software fix that may never come and if it doesn't, the warranty might expire while waiting?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    howarmat likes this.
    11-15-15 04:07 PM
    I certainly would take the phone back....It could be a month or more to get it fixed if they even can and by then you would be able to exchange or get your money back. You try an exchange and it that also has the issue then just return and wait to see if BB can get it fixed.
    11-15-15 04:10 PM
    More people have reported it. One of the BlackBerry employees said they have recreated the problem and are looking into it

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1047564

11-15-15 05:01 PM
    BlackBerry needs significantly better QC. They need to engage long time BB users as part of their testing group and move away from internal QC to a much greater extent.
    11-15-15 05:13 PM
    Was happening to me yesterday, I thought it was an issue when there is low light because I have not had the issue when there is lots of light

11-15-15 05:50 PM
    If that's the case, try loading the cpu with the slider up... should keep the camera module cool.

Not a fix but just as a test

Posted via CB10
    Trisk333 likes this.
    11-15-15 07:25 PM