Me and my wife's Priv doesn't seem to be taken HDR photos since the last camera update last week, anyone else having this problem

Posted via blackberry priv
    04-30-16 12:11 PM
    I think one of the BB folks mentioned that they changed the shutter sounds for hdr. You need to find a very contrasty or backlighted shot and shoot with and without hdr and see if it works.

I just did a quick test and it appears that it works. I see more detail in the hdr image.

HDR after the last update-img_20160430_1353376-1-.jpg
    HDR after the last update-img_20160430_1353467-1-.jpg
    WT44 likes this.
    04-30-16 04:02 PM
    Thank you 👍

Posted via blackberry priv
    FF22 likes this.
    04-30-16 04:09 PM
    you should also see an HDR indicator show up on-screen when it is going to do auto-HDR.
    04-30-16 07:28 PM
    I too feel that HDR isn't working as it should, definitely not like it did in the past.

After taking a picture with HDR forced on, I look at the picture's meta info and see no indication that HDR was used. On other devices, when I use HDR, it notes it in the picture details.

As a test I'd appreciate it if someone still running Android 5.x would take an HDR photo and then check the meta data to see if it's noted.
    05-31-16 02:18 PM
    As a follow-up, I found this post on another forum...
    I just took two photos, one with HDR+ enabled, the other with it disabled, and then opened them with Irfanview and examined the EXIF info.

The one with HDR+ disabled had the Software tag set to "angler-user 6.0 MDB08L 2343525 release-keys"
    The one with HDR+ enabled has Software tag "HDR+ 1.0.106412213r"

There may be other differences, but I suspect that is the big one.
    The above on a Nexus 6P with OS version 6.0 and camera version 3.1.021.
    When I look at the image file's properties I'm not seeing anything that would indicate the use of HDR.

Love to hear what others are seeing/experiencing after MM update.
    05-31-16 02:33 PM
    I too feel that HDR isn't working as it should, definitely not like it did in the past.

After taking a picture with HDR forced on, I look at the picture's meta info and see no indication that HDR was used. On other devices, when I use HDR, it notes it in the picture details.
    It's certainly no different. Our HDR tuning has not changed since November or possibly December.
    To tell an HDR photo from the EXIF data, you will see no ISO value, and the Custom Rendered flag will be set to 2.
    WT44 likes this.
    05-31-16 02:39 PM
    Thanks, that's good information.

With HDR forced on, taking a photo of a very high contrast scene, the triple shutter sound is not heard, the photo shows very little contrast (it's blown out), and the EXIF data shows an ISO speed of 53. I could not find a "custom rendering" field.

I'll put this another way, I use HDR all the time on multiple devices. I used HDR often on the Priv. It no longer works in the way that it did before, the photos are not being taken in a high range of contrast. What the cause is I don't know but it is different (worse) than before.
    06-01-16 08:00 AM
    I liked the BB10 method. Like the Priv's naming files with a "Panorama" suffix, BB10 labeled both Pans and HDR, with appropriate suffix. That way you knew the image was HDR.
    06-01-16 08:42 AM
    HDR image. Well, shows custom 2 but also shows ISO:

HDR after the last update-hdr1.jpg
    06-01-16 09:10 AM
    Thanks, that's good information.

With HDR forced on, taking a photo of a very high contrast scene, the triple shutter sound is not heard, the photo shows very little contrast (it's blown out), and the EXIF data shows an ISO speed of 53. I could not find a "custom rendering" field.

I'll put this another way, I use HDR all the time on multiple devices. I used HDR often on the Priv. It no longer works in the way that it did before, the photos are not being taken in a high range of contrast. What the cause is I don't know but it is different (worse) than before.
    The triple-shutter-sound has been discontinued, so you cannot rely on the sounds to differentiate.
    Can you send me one of your HDR photos? PM me and I'll get you my contact info.
    I just took photos yesterday to confirm that HDR is working as expected, and the resulting photo had no ISO and had the other tags set as expected. Take a look at ExifTool to dump all EXIF fields.
    06-02-16 11:04 AM