I used to be able to pair my blackberry(Q10) with a bluetooth heart rate monitor. With my new Priv, I am unable to.

Anyone have any luck or know if the Priv supports it via the low power bluetooth?

Really frustrating if it's a step backward
    01-11-16 08:02 AM
    Yes. I have a Microsoft Band with a heart rate monitor, and it pairs perfectly. I wasn't able to get the Microsoft app to pair with the device on my Passport, so the Priv has been a welcome change in or me.

Try resetting your HRM.

Posted via Passport CB10
    01-11-16 08:11 AM
    I have a Polar chest strap heart rate monitor and I pair it to my Priv via bluetooth no problem. I'm using it with the MeeRun fitness app and it works just fine.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    01-11-16 05:33 PM
    Yep. I've paired my PRIV with my Polar H7 chest strap HRM that I use for my runs. First time trying had a bit of an issue but got it the 2nd time.

It actually paired via my run tracking app. The phone could see it no problem, but the pairing had to be done via the app.
    01-11-16 05:40 PM
    Why do people need a heart rate monitor? No seriously, I really don't get it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-12-16 12:43 AM
    It works well with my Fitbit. I even get call notifications on it.
    01-12-16 06:10 AM
    There are apps in the play store that use your camera and flash to measure your heart rate! I compared the results with a Samsung Gear S2 and a Samsung Note 5 using their built in hardware to the results of the BlackBerry Priv using a free app called Instant Heart Rate, and the results were identical 99% of the time. The 1% where the results were not identical, they were off by 1 or 2 bpm. Pretty impressive.

01-24-16 09:34 PM

People do exercises to compete, get fit etc. Convenience of having it on your wrist is handy before you have a heart attack....
    01-24-16 10:01 PM
    I like to use it as another metric among the many in tracking my training and progress over time. I'm a data junkie too...
    01-25-16 06:50 AM
    How did you do this? I keep trying to connect but it says that incorrect pin was put in. Any thoughts? Thanks.

03-20-16 02:54 PM

I got one ages ago (no BT) when I had a slight irregularity and wanted to track it. I had to turn off its incessant beeping when my pulse slowed to 34!!!! Seriously. I tend to have a slow pulse but that was educational!
    03-20-16 04:12 PM