Jason Mick wrote a very good article about the BlackBerry Priv it is worth a look.
    DailyTech - BlackBerry Priv is an Amazing Android So Secure You May Never Hear of It

This was published on Nov 2nd. I'm not an Android fan still love my BB10 on my Z10 but this article is making me think twice.
    At first I thought anything to get BlackBerry market share up is a good thing but the Priv is not for me. Now I'm curious & will have to check it out... Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    11-04-15 03:57 AM
    Great article. My thoughts exactly, the device may be a home run but be cause it's branded blackberry I don't think consumers will give it a chance. Hopefully the carriers promote the device when someone walks into a store
    jonwb likes this.
    11-04-15 04:06 AM
    I agree, great article. I learned a lot, and it's solidified my resolve to give the Priv a try. The author isn't very well-versed in BB10's power, however.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:59 AM
    Great article, glad they are putting a positive spin on everything and acknowledging that people may treat it unfairly because BlackBerry made the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 06:33 AM
    Good read didn't know NSA made the SELinux kernal

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    11-04-15 07:14 AM
    A very good and open review. PRIV seems to be a very good phone... incorporating android security and with some Blackberry experience, which can get better since apps are upgraded easily from the the store.
    11-04-15 07:27 AM
    That might just be the best worded and well researched article about the Priv's conception and launch to date.
    11-04-15 07:39 AM
    Oh wait. ! ANOTHER great article and review of the BlackBerry Priv.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-04-15 07:55 AM
    Yes. A very good article. It was the first I have seen that explains that BlackBerry's grsecurity Linux kernel is different from NSA's SELinux kernel. The claim that it can protect you in US from NSA surveillance is pretty bold.
    What we need now is an article explaining how Priv can protect you from Google's snooping...
    midnightdoom, Jrox74 and kertong like this.
    11-04-15 08:33 AM
    This article is the best I've read so far about this device

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:08 AM
    Jason Mick wrote a very good article about the BlackBerry Priv it is worth a look.
    DailyTech - BlackBerry Priv is an Amazing Android So Secure You May Never Hear of It
    It is good that overall, it is a positive article for BlackBerry's Priv. However, it seems that almost every article I have read over the years about any phone, whether it is a review or otherwise, invariably slips something positive in the article about iPhones, directly or indirectly. Such iPhone information effectively "neutralizes" whatever positives the article was supposed to bring to the phone that is the subject of the article. It is like saying, "Wow! Look at this new phone by *** Company. It is revolutionary in that it features x, y and z. Readers may recall though that the iPhone currently does the same things even if in a slightly different way."

The author states near the end of the article that "Priv -- a device who gets its name from the linguistic stem of "privilege" and "privacy" --packs an enviable security pedigree and software portfolio. On those points it puts basically every other Android smartphone to shame and even gives Apple's iPhone a run for its money." I am a fan of BlackBerry devices (despite having commented unfavorably on the price of the Priv on the price threads here) and had believed that BlackBerry's security was superior to both Android and Apple devices. Therefore, I find it very hard to believe (unless I have been mistaken all along) that, according to the author, the Priv's "security pedigree and software portfolio" merely "gives Apple's iPhone a run for its money." What this means is that the iPhone is still stronger than the Priv in security or at best (for BlackBerry), it is equal to the Priv. Giving something a run for its money usually means competing very strongly against something which is expected to win the contest.

If this is indeed what the author is trying to convey, then I believe that he is building up BlackBerry for its release of the Priv while at the same time knocking it down.

Have I been wrong all along in believing that BlackBerry's security trumps Apple's?
    11-05-15 03:09 PM
    It is good that overall, it is a positive article for BlackBerry's Priv. However, it seems that almost every article I have read over the years about any phone, whether it is a review or otherwise, invariably slips something positive in the article about iPhones, directly or indirectly. Such iPhone information effectively "neutralizes" whatever positives the article was supposed to bring to the phone that is the subject of the article. It is like saying, "Wow! Look at this new phone by *** Company. It is revolutionary in that it features x, y and z. Readers may recall though that the iPhone currently does the same things even if in a slightly different way."

The author states near the end of the article that "Priv -- a device who gets its name from the linguistic stem of "privilege" and "privacy" --packs an enviable security pedigree and software portfolio. On those points it puts basically every other Android smartphone to shame and even gives Apple's iPhone a run for its money." I am a fan of BlackBerry devices (despite having commented unfavorably on the price of the Priv on the price threads here) and had believed that BlackBerry's security was superior to both Android and Apple devices. Therefore, I find it very hard to believe (unless I have been mistaken all along) that, according to the author, the Priv's "security pedigree and software portfolio" merely "gives Apple's iPhone a run for its money." What this means is that the iPhone is still stronger than the Priv in security or at best (for BlackBerry), it is equal to the Priv. Giving something a run for its money usually means competing very strongly against something which is expected to win the contest.

If this is indeed what the author is trying to convey, then I believe that he is building up BlackBerry for its release of the Priv while at the same time knocking it down.

Have I been wrong all along in believing that BlackBerry's security trumps Apple's?
    No,.. but he's talking about an Android device.

He's saying it trumps every other Android device, and (despite being an Android device) can challenge iOS, which has been pretty closed.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 05:00 PM
    BlackBerry needs the underdog mentality to rally positive word of mouth.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 05:34 PM
    No,.. but he's talking about an Android device.

He's saying it trumps every other Android device, and (despite being an Android device) can challenge iOS, which has been pretty closed.

Posted via CB10
    OK, trumping every other Android device should be a given. However, I thought that despite it being an Android phone, the security brought to the Priv by BlackBerry would make it more secure than any iPhone. If the added security BlackBerry brings to the Priv only lets it give an iPhone a run for its money, then it seems it will be difficult for the Priv to win over iPhone fans, if at all.
    11-05-15 09:23 PM
    OK, trumping every other Android device should be a given. However, I thought that despite it being an Android phone, the security brought to the Priv by BlackBerry would make it more secure than any iPhone. If the added security BlackBerry brings to the Priv only lets it give an iPhone a run for its money, then it seems it will be difficult for the Priv to win over iPhone fans, if at all.
    You are correct. He is praising the Iphone and downgrading the Priv to, at best, as secure a device as the iPhone.
    While there is no question that a BB10 phone is much more secure than an iphone, we do not know how secure Priv is compared to an Iphone.
    It runs Google! I doubt it protects your privacy from Google.
    To me that means ZERO privacy. Null! Naught!
    11-05-15 11:51 PM