The Priv's handicap is the BlackBerry brand itself... if they had sold the Priv as a new, separate brand, I believe it would fly off the shelf like wildfire... as a BlackBerry device, it's dead in the water... it will show up on dx.com or worse...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 02:02 PM
    The troll is back. Yesterday you would only buy one if it was < 150 usd. Today the name bothers you...
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    10-07-15 02:06 PM
    Your reading skills are not impressive...
    10-07-15 03:22 PM
    This is the first blackberry running Android so that alone they can use to their advantage.

What do people think when people say blackberry? They're probably thinking of a blackberry that resembles the classic.

I think once they see that it has a decent side screen, with a physical keyboard and realize it's not running bb10 thus a bit more variety in apps, I think people will be a bit more open to blackberry.

I never thought of blackberry as a cheap or a joke of a brand. I always thought of them as a device aimed at businesses. When I tried one out and saw the lack of apps and me being too use to android.. I returned the passport and went back to android.

I see the Priv more as a rebirth for blackberry so hopefully it sells well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-07-15 03:59 PM
    You're a joker you know that right.. not another one of these threads.
    10-07-15 04:06 PM
    The KB draws some customers, myself included.

Prior to the passport emerging, I thought, wrong or not, BlackBerry required subscription to their service.

When I investigated the passport & noticed the android runtime presence, I pulled the trigger (needed bank apps & IP camera apps, etc.).

If Priv is android, what will make customers take it on over the vast array of other devices? The KB will attract dozens.

I was attracted to it for the KB. If the passport had not had the android runtime, I would not have purchased it.
    10-07-15 04:50 PM
    On one hand I know the OP is right, people have a stigma against BlackBerry as soon as they hear the name.

For example I told one friend I was getting the Priv and he already listed Android phones I should get instead of the Priv, even stating that one phone has a great camera...

I then said but you don't even know the specs on the Priv. How can he say something is better without even knowing one thing about the device (he actually didn't know a thing about the device, just the pics) ... it just showed the closed minded attitude people have just once they hear BlackBerry attached.

However if this phones plays out well in the market. Well the potential to revive the brand is there

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:01 PM
    Interestingly, the quality of the camera depends upon a number of factors aside the pixel rating; optics, softwarecustomizations, and a lot of the physics o the sensor aspects way over my ability to explain well...

On one hand I know the OP is right, people have a stigma against BlackBerry as soon as they hear the name.

For example I told one friend I was getting the Priv and he already listed Android phones I should get instead of the Priv, even stating that one phone has a great camera...

I then said but you don't even know the specs on the Priv. How can he say something is better without even knowing one thing about the device (he actually didn't know a thing about the device, just the pics) ... it just showed the closed minded attitude people have just once they hear BlackBerry attached.

However if this phones plays out well in the market. Well the potential to revive the brand is there

Posted via CB10
    slade632 likes this.
    10-07-15 05:12 PM
    Interestingly, the quality of the camera depends upon a number of factors aside the pixel rating; optics, softwarecustomizations, and a lot of the physics o the sensor aspects way over my ability to explain well...

explain at all?
    10-07-15 05:32 PM
    Despite insipid remarks by a limited intellect, I would venture to point out the Passport has some high end camera specs but has been the object of a plethora of complaints over focus issues, etc. I will wonder if any of those lessons were applied to the Priv camera to make the experience better.
    10-07-15 05:46 PM
    Despite insipid remarks by a limited intellect

I feel as though I have just been mauled by a dead sheep (ref: Dennis Healey R.I.P.) lol
    10-07-15 06:22 PM