03-07-17 01:37 PM
    Most of that stuff is old and patched up anyway (2014-2016). It was relevant once upon a time. The issue isn't what exploits it contains but rather how the Government handles known exploits and actively leaves them open rather the having them closed off for their own invasive operations. If all you take from this is 'Gee, I hope my phone isn't vulnerable' then you're looking at it in all the wrong ways.
    john_v and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    03-07-17 01:47 PM
    Most of that stuff is old and patched up anyway (2014-2016). It was relevant once upon a time. The issue isn't what exploits it contains but rather how the Government handles known exploits and actively leaves them open rather the having them closed off for their own invasive operations. If all you take from this is 'Gee, I hope my phone isn't vulnerable' then you're looking at it in all the wrong ways.
    My question is, being that Priv runs Android, can it still be hacked in any capacity by government or other wise? I get that BlackBerry hardens the kernel. But, if a government agency wants in, is there a way for them to access the info.?
    03-07-17 02:55 PM
    My question is, being that Priv runs Android, can it still be hacked in any capacity by government or other wise? I get that BlackBerry hardens the kernel. But, if a government agency wants in, is there a way for them to access the info.?
    Knowing BlackBerry, the secret is to ask nicely.
    03-07-17 03:00 PM
    Google has a doorway and the Government has a backdoor to it.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-07-17 03:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Guess there's no way to hide info. for privacy these days other than to avoid tech all together. Oh well.
    03-07-17 03:46 PM
    Thanks. Guess there's no way to hide info. for privacy these days other than to avoid tech all together. Oh well.
    Anything that connects to Internet can possibly be hacked in one way or the other.

Posted via CB10
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    03-07-17 04:35 PM
    Anyone read this story? Sure hope our Priv's aren't included.

Here's how the CIA is hacking smartphones and TVs, according to WikiLeaks - GeekWire
    I hope my Samsung Smart TV has not recorded some of the things I've said since Nov!!!!!!!
    ubbulls and grover5 like this.
    03-07-17 05:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Google is universal a doorway is relative to your frame of reference. If you don't have any corpses serial piling up in your makeshift meth-lab in the basement. You have nothing to be concerned about, as a matter of fact you
    should be grateful you have a concerned government. If it wasn't for their doorways we wouldn't even have had the opportunity to be discussing a massive global source of knowledge and wisdom such as Google.

I do a lot of work with various Android devices and I have a great passion for open source development. I can assure you that Android 5.1.1 is as a secure Linux kernel as any. Snapdragon running on billions of devices worldwide with unstoppable competition by Exynos, Blackberry will not have made the decision of using an Android operating system on foreign architecture if they weren't 100% sure that it would live up to it's expectations.

Blackberry made a very wise decision at the right time, what's great is
    now all that big revenue the Priv left in it's wake can go towards Blackberry research and development. I'm convinced this thread has angered a lot of feds and cia agents. They work with universal software radio peripheral and forced proximity communication to get their jobs done. |NOT ANDROID "HACKING".
    03-07-17 06:29 PM
    In my opinion, if the Government wants in, the Government is going to get in. The only thing you can do is make it harder for them by using tools known to improve upon security.
    FF22, rarsen and kariekas like this.
    03-07-17 08:27 PM
    03-08-17 10:16 PM
    To me, to think that the government couldn't access the Priv would be fool hardy. They have resources that we only dream about. Whether or not they can "legally" is the thing.
    03-09-17 06:47 AM
    Maybe this explains all those DTEK warnings that came out of nowhere indicating the phone's OS was compromised... hmmmmmm....

*puts tin foil hat on*
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-09-17 07:23 AM
    In any case, I do know that the process to hack, particularly BlackBerry devices, is no simple one, so yeah, Governments can get in, but they would have to have a pretty good reason in order to make it worth their while to do it.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-09-17 05:11 PM
    Blackberry already works with the US. And homeland security already has access to everything. To think in an information age anyone has privacy is lunacy.

Don't worry though homeland security only concern is foreign threats on American soil.

The only US government agency BlackBerry protects us against is Hollywood and the copyright producers trying to control what we can do.
    04-04-17 10:11 PM
    There's always a way with enough manpower and time, but it won't be a simple task, so they would have to have a really good reason to dedicate the time and resources.
    04-04-17 10:47 PM
    For me;
    I've no concern and don't want to waste my time thinking about government; as I know if they want it they can get it.
    I mainly use BlackBerry because I don't want anyone can have easy access to my device.

Posted from  Passport :Red Edition
    04-04-17 10:55 PM