Maybe we were very spoiled with BB10? Everything was integrated and smooth, but Android?!?!?! It's truly a crap OS! With Marshmallow we were supposed to have more security and options about what accesses what, and the only thing I have seen is they want access to your files, nothing else. And you cannot set the middle button to what you want it to do, in my case PAUSE my music, not mute it! What is the point of muting music? That is what Pause is for. Last gripe, wallpaper! I set my wallpaper and it will not display at all. Actually when it feels like it. Most of the time it's a black background which is irritating! Reset it, it's the same thing. Android truly makes me miss my BB10!!!!! And if anyone knows how to fix my issues feel free to chime in.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-02-16 09:19 AM
    File Access is usually for Settings saving and retrieving.

The Media button hardly seems the fault of Android, likely BB didn't implement a way to change its function.

As for wallpaper, just a glitch; my Nexus is perfectly fine so it's probably a BB launcher bug (I'm using the BB launcher)
    05-02-16 09:34 AM
    Your holding it wrong?

Marshmallow did add more options for security... but it's still up to each developer to make their apps more compliant. And for users to understand that some apps are going to need access to files... just like they did on BB10. (would be better if apps only created and read their own files, in place of some blanket permission)

Middle button... maybe at some point BlackBerry will give users the easy ability to remap this button to whatever "feature" they want. Currently it takes a 3rd party app like Tasker to do it.

Wallpaper... changes just fine on my Android powered Droid Turbo 2. Again sounds like a BlackBerry issue. You didn't go changing permissions....
    05-02-16 09:45 AM
    No I didn't change anything.... Too busy being frustrated honestly. Newest bug, if I am listening to music and get a text, the volume lowers, but never comes back up. I guess I will be disgruntled for life... lol

05-02-16 12:10 PM
    No I didn't change anything.... Too busy being frustrated honestly. Newest bug, if I am listening to music and get a text, the volume lowers, but never comes back up. I guess I will be disgruntled for life... lol

hahahahah no

In 20 more yrs android will be bb10 lvl so relax

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    mokimoki and Seecamp38001 like this.
    05-02-16 12:13 PM
    Actually the only permissions I can see to adjust are the access files setting. Not much else. Seems like GPS is a blanket setting. Oh and Bluetooth.... Annoyance #1, if I connect to my car and the music player is open but not playing , in this case phonograph, and I have something playing through the browser, it stops the browser and then plays whatever is loaded. I'm really starting to truly appreciate BB10. Never had these issues.

05-02-16 12:14 PM
    It really is a crap OS. The integration of BB10 is unmatched. Although, I'd rather have it over iOS even with its shortcomings.
    BB_PP likes this.
    05-02-16 12:41 PM
    I truly don't understand from a "professional" aspect why anyone would favor android over BB10? It's rubbish, now from a non professional, yeah it has apps apps and more apps. But a disappointment to say the least.

BB_PP and mokimoki like this.
    05-02-16 10:15 PM
    I truly don't understand from a "professional" aspect why anyone would favor android over BB10? It's rubbish, now from a non professional, yeah it has apps apps and more apps. But a disappointment to say the least.

If your company uses Google for Work or some other enterprise component that isn't supported on BB10?
    05-02-16 10:18 PM
    So why don't you just continue to use BB10? Last time I checked it was still working fine. No one is forcing you to use the Priv, let alone come in and complain about what are largely issues with your specific phone and not Android in general.
    jmaxim917 and tufcustomer like this.
    05-02-16 10:41 PM

Different professionals need different things.

Some... they need devcies that are compatible and up to date... and just work.
    05-04-16 09:32 AM
    Far from a "crap OS" in my opinion. I enjoyed BB10 as much as anyone on these forums, but after moving to the PRIV, I don't miss it either.

05-04-16 09:47 AM
    Different professionals need different things.

Some... they need devcies that are compatible and up to date... and just work.
    It's not about 'devices that work'! It's about money and infinite finances which Google have. Everybody have lollipop in his mouth developers, media, advertising agencies and Android promoters. Android after MM is still way far from BB10. BB10 to Android is like Mercedes to toyota!

Posted via Priv...
    05-04-16 11:13 AM
    It's not about 'devices that work'! It's about money and infinite finances which Google have. Everybody have lollipop in his mouth developers, media, advertising agencies and Android promoters. Android after MM is still way far from BB10. BB10 to Android is like Mercedes to toyota!

Posted via Priv...
    In your opinion. In my opinion a lack of a app ecosystem really hinders what BB10 brings to the table as a complete package. Browsing, I find no difference with Android. Media, far more options with Android. If anything is lacking per say it's a true hub implementation. It works, but isn't at the level of BB10 just yet. The notion of BB10 being a Mercedes and Android a Toyota is actually accurate. With BB10 your paying far far more but that's about where the comparison ends. You are with the Priv too, but at least it's up to date.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-04-16 11:20 AM
    In your opinion. In my opinion a lack of a app ecosystem really hinders what BB10 brings to the table as a complete package. Browsing, I find no difference with Android. Media, far more options with Android. If anything is lacking per say it's a true hub implementation. It works, but isn't at the level of BB10 just yet. The notion of BB10 being a Mercedes and Android a Toyota is actually accurate. With BB10 your paying far far more but that's about where the comparison ends. You are with the Priv too, but at least it's up to date.

I am using Passport as my main phone! What I shall do with 'up to date' Priv which still need time to reach BB10?

Posted via Priv...
    05-04-16 11:38 AM

Posted via Priv...
    Just think of the Billions that BlackBerry poured into BB10... and for nothing. I bet Chen wishes they had hired him three or four years earlier.

Listen I remember all the hype here about the mighty QNX and how efficient a RTOS is. Too bad we never got a pure QNX OS... BB10 was not the powerful and efficient OS that was promised. It's a memory hogging and power consumer monster - required 2GB of memory when that was more than Android Required - burning trough a 1800mAh battery in hours when an iPhone 6 could last all day on the same size. A good OS is one that meets the needs of the user, and is capable of evolving.. and that is something that BB10 no longer will do.

Maybe a pure QNX OS would have been what was promised, but BB10 isn't that OS. And it really doesn't matter, even if it were great... without a platform it's like you Mercedes with no gas..
    05-04-16 12:01 PM
    And you cannot set the middle button to what you want it to do, in my case PAUSE my music, not mute it! What is the point of muting music? That is what Pause is for. Last gripe, wallpaper! I set my wallpaper and it will not display at all. Actually when it feels like it. Most of the time it's a black background which is irritating! "
    For next track / previous track / middle pause button try the app "All in one Gestures" You can also setup a BB10 style back swipe area - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gestures&hl=en
    To get the Center Button to Pause working in the app, in the Hard Keys tab, bring up the three dot sub-menu to add a custom key - you can then set a custom Media action

As for a wallpaper app, I've been using SB Wallpaper Changer. It has been working great for me.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pchanger&hl=en
    dgsPRIV likes this.
    05-04-16 12:27 PM
    I am using Passport as my main phone! What I shall do with 'up to date' Priv which still need time to reach BB10?

Posted via Priv...
    What do you find is lacking?

05-04-16 12:31 PM
    Maybe we were very spoiled with BB10? Everything was integrated and smooth, but Android?!?!?! It's truly a crap OS! With Marshmallow we were supposed to have more security and options about what accesses what, and the only thing I have seen is they want access to your files, nothing else. And you cannot set the middle button to what you want it to do, in my case PAUSE my music, not mute it! What is the point of muting music? That is what Pause is for. Last gripe, wallpaper! I set my wallpaper and it will not display at all. Actually when it feels like it. Most of the time it's a black background which is irritating! Reset it, it's the same thing. Android truly makes me miss my BB10!!!!! And if anyone knows how to fix my issues feel free to chime in.

Honestly I thought I would feel the same. After a month + with the Priv I barely miss BB10.

Sure a few things were easier but overall the BlackBerry Android combination is better IMO. Phone is much faster too. Love the Priv.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Matt J likes this.
    05-04-16 01:07 PM
    Just think of the Billions that BlackBerry poured into BB10... and for nothing. I bet Chen wishes they had hired him three or four years earlier.

Listen I remember all the hype here about the mighty QNX and how efficient a RTOS is. Too bad we never got a pure QNX OS... BB10 was not the powerful and efficient OS that was promised. It's a memory hogging and power consumer monster - required 2GB of memory when that was more than Android Required - burning trough a 1800mAh battery in hours when an iPhone 6 could last all day on the same size. A good OS is one that meets the needs of the user, and is capable of evolving.. and that is something that BB10 no longer will do.

Maybe a pure QNX OS would have been what was promised, but BB10 isn't that OS. And it really doesn't matter, even if it were great... without a platform it's like you Mercedes with no gas..
    My Passport last pure 24 hours with data on! No Android can perform this. You preach what suit you but I like what I trust, after all this is my money. In 700USD I don't want to buy BlackBerry, I need one daily driver for year which can handle my business. BlackBerry with OS10 do that job very well.

Posted via Passport,
    05-04-16 02:35 PM
    What do you find is lacking?

Integrated Hub, battery life, Swipe up gesture, multitasking, smoothness, limited apps but without ads

Posted via Passport,
    05-04-16 02:42 PM
    I too feel I took a step backward with the Priv. The hardware its self it just great, but with Android as the OS is is a step backward. BB10 is just some much quicker and easier to use. I really miss just swiping to close apps, I'm hating that square button on the bottom to minimize apps, then you still have to hit the x to close it. It's just not up to the level of sophistication and maturity of BB10. In my opinion.
    BB_PP and koool1 like this.
    05-04-16 03:04 PM
    My Passport last pure 24 hours with data on! No Android can perform this. You preach what suit you but I like what I trust, after all this is my money. In 700USD I don't want to buy BlackBerry, I need one daily driver for year which can handle my business. BlackBerry with OS10 do that job very well.

Posted via Passport,
    My Droid Turbo 2 lasts 48+ hours... what does that prove.

Hate to tell you but BB10 is not efficient. Yes the Passport with it's giant battery can get the job done, but as most of us Z10 owner know.. a NORMAL sized battery won't last long at all. My Z10 battery was the same size as my wife's iPhone 6's... but she could get more usage out of her one battery than I could swapping out two for my Z10.

If you are happy with your Passport and it meets your needs... that fine. While I do miss some features of BB10, I haven't taught for a second about pulling my Z10 out of the box and swapping sim cards.
    05-04-16 03:10 PM

Because professionals in today's day and age don't look at email and messaging as being the only important productivity tools. And rightfully so.
    05-04-16 03:31 PM
    My Passport last pure 24 hours with data on! No Android can perform this.
    Yeah...no. There.are plenty of Android devices that can do that. The device I'm typing this on (which is an Android device) lasts around 40 hours on average (with data on!). And I use my phone quite heavily.

Battery consumption is no longer a platform issue like it was 7 years ago. It's a hardware design issue. And BB has had its fair share of battery hogs. One OEM's device/model battery life cannot be used as a blanket example to represent the entire platform. That's just annecdotal evidence without a control. BBRY has had some devices with horrible battery life, just like iOS and Android devices have seen. As well they've all had devices with great battery life.
    ram67 likes this.
    05-04-16 03:50 PM
48 12