Anyone else having GPS issues with Google maps? It seems my priv can never get an accurate lock. It will do a very broad location sometimes a few miles wide. Now when I start driving the cursor is not in real time it sporadically jumps, sometimes off course. Now Google maps has always been my go to. I also used waze and here maps in the past just not on this device. I have even wiped the entire device. Anyone having this same issue?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-07-16 04:59 AM
    I had the same issue and it seems the cause of it is you may have a GPS app such as tomtom or heremaps ... if you have any maps app try deleting it and restart your phone. This solution did not work for me and I endup doing security wipe on my phone then everything start working normally.

03-07-16 05:58 AM
    You have a defective GPS chip. Exchange the unit. I had the same issue on my first priv. Second one worked perfectly.
    03-07-16 06:05 AM
    I had the same issue and it seems the cause of it is you may have a GPS app such as tomtom or heremaps ... if you have any maps app try deleting it and restart your phone. This solution did not work for me and I endup doing security wipe on my phone then everything start working normally.

I don't have any other GPS apps on this phone. I have tried those apps on other phones so I am familiar with them.

03-07-16 07:34 AM
    Hey nerd, if you are still having your issues, try a hard reset to try and shake the cobwebs out of the device. Press the power key for a full 32 seconds without releasing it..
    03-14-16 11:39 AM
    I have an ATT PRIV and I am experiencing terrible GPS on Google maps.

I am a road warrior and it's pretty frustrating that it functions so poorly. I am inclined to go into ATT and ask for a new unit, but not convinced that would solve anything if other users are experiencing this too.

03-14-16 02:40 PM
    Funny enough ive been having similar issues too. But it only came a problem recently.

Im sending mine back tmr.

03-14-16 02:49 PM
    You might check the gps using

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sstatus2&hl=en

Also BlackBerry Virtual Expert (bbve) from bb10 days is now available in the Google Store and it has a gps test.
    03-14-16 03:32 PM
    I've had 5 different Privs. Unlocked from BB, Amazon and through ATT. ALL with the same problem.
    04-20-16 04:45 PM
    As I wrote in the other thread, I probably should test mine more thoroughly when driving (as a passenger). I've mainly used it to track bike ridess, ski trips and hikes.

I prefer to have google know less about my whereabouts than more!!!
    04-20-16 05:19 PM
    Having same issues on my 2.5 month old PRIV. First started happening 2 weeks ago and now more frequently, not good situation. Going to AT&T for replacement.

04-29-16 02:55 PM
    It could be because you had enabled battery saver

04-29-16 03:06 PM
    Don't have a Priv but my issue is it told me to turn right when I knew I had to turn left lol
    04-29-16 03:48 PM
    The latest core app updates improved Google Maps performance for me. Maybe give that that a shot before you return the unit.

Posted from your Mom's Priv.
    04-29-16 04:23 PM