I've read inside a few posts (but not one specific on this issue) which claim Messenger to be a battery drain.

Can we delete this APP and just use the Blackberry hub?

Would like to know before I turf something I may not be able to get back
    03-02-16 12:45 AM
    I've read inside a few posts (but not one specific on this issue) which claim Messenger to be a battery drain.

Can we delete this APP and just use the Blackberry hub?

Would like to know before I turf something I may not be able to get back
    Messenger is all I use, doesn't even register in battery drain list.
    03-02-16 01:08 AM
    THANKS!

There is so much information in these forums it's sometimes hard to tell what's accurate and what's not.

So to clarify, you do not use BB Hub to manage all messages including texts? You use the messenger app that came with the phone alongside BB Hub? I was wondering why the need for messenger and why messenger opens up when I click on the text message in Hub to reply.
    03-02-16 01:17 AM
    The hub on the Priv doesn't do text messaging. The Messenger app does it.

If you don't like it, or have issues, then you can download a different one.

I like textra personally.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    03-02-16 02:03 AM
    THANKS!

There is so much information in these forums it's sometimes hard to tell what's accurate and what's not.

So to clarify, you do not use BB Hub to manage all messages including texts? You use the messenger app that came with the phone alongside BB Hub? I was wondering why the need for messenger and why messenger opens up when I click on the text message in Hub to reply.
    HUB is like the Notification Centre. Everything (is supposed to) show up in the HUB (some work to be done over here as in its present state, there are some integration issues with some apps). You can customise the view to remove things you don't want to see in the hub.

Messenger handles ONLY SMS and MMS. You can download another third party app for messages - if you wish to disable the Messenger app.
    In case you disable the Messenger app, and don't download third party apps, then the SMS and MMS would be sent and received via the Hangouts APP.

You can also choose to disable the HUB if you don't want the Central Notification thing. And then all notifications will show up in their respective apps.

Hope that helps
    03-02-16 02:15 AM
    Thanks. Just concerned mostly about the supposed battery drain that messenger is claimed to be.
    03-02-16 08:51 AM
    He might be referring to Google hangouts which I heard did cause that although I can't speak from experience. I disabled it since not using.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for for Priv
    03-02-16 08:59 AM