Anybody else's priv gets so hot you get warnings almost 5 minutes into using the gps?

Any idea why this happens?
    12-05-16 11:57 AM
    Anybody else's priv gets so hot you get warnings almost 5 minutes into using the gps?

Because the Snapdragon 808 already struggles to push 1440p to the screen much less using data and gps at the same time.
    12-05-16 12:05 PM

Only time I've ever seen a heat warning was on Lollipop, and on a graphics intensive game. Doesn't even get warm running Google maps. It's something else...possibly a hardware issue. Can't rule out external factors either, such as ambient temperature, cases or covers, etc.
    12-05-16 12:11 PM

I've only experienced heat warnings in Google Maps while using a quick charger. Using my normal BlackBerry car charger, I've had no problems (with my unlocked AT&T Priv on the AT&T network)
    YeemanBB likes this.
    12-05-16 12:35 PM

Are you saying that it is something recent in your case?
    It has always been an issue for many people including myself:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-faa-1086263/
    As "icing on the cake", GPS isn't even working most of the times, somehow especially when I need it the most (= when being lost in the middle of nowhere at night); see all my posts here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12667947
    So not only does GPS not work, it shuts down too (I totally forgot to even mention it in that thread LOL since I adjusted to it, which actually is a bad sign but alas).
    Anyway, as I said in the openings post of the FAA thread, it doesn't only seem to happen during navigation, also when listening to music/browsing the web in the sun. Must be that it is all black and that there aren't any ventilation openings or other means for the device to loose the heat.
    12-05-16 03:02 PM