Just a note for what it is worth. Google Duo was released today on Goggle Play. It is the new cross platform FaceTime competitor. Supposedly great and end to end encrypted. It has a nice interface and some innovative features.

Just in case you need to video chat with someone who doesn't have Blackberry Messenger.

I tried it for a moment and it's pretty neat. You can see who is calling you (sort of a video door peephole) before you answer.

Ho hum.

There is a new Messenger called Allo that will replace our Stock Messenger, but it hasn't been released yet.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-16-16 09:51 AM
    08-16-16 10:57 AM
    Nice interface? Lol its too simple

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv
    08-16-16 11:54 AM
    Nice interface? Lol its too simple

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv
    From my experience, Facetime is popular with grandparents. Simple might not be a bad thing.
    08-16-16 12:01 PM
    That's kind of what I was thinking. If my wife or parents have to poke more than a couple of spots on the phone to get it to do something, they're quits.

08-16-16 12:58 PM
    I have trouble convincing Apple folks to install anything else.

"end to end encrypted" other than Google can probably eavesdrop if they want????? They obviously have someway of advertising while it is running????
    08-16-16 01:04 PM
    Hmm. Good point. I don't know how that works.

I'm tired of ads. Sometimes I open a website to read and just have to shut the browser. I try to get apps that are pay versions so I don't have to see that crap. No such chance with Duo.

Acchaladka and FF22 like this.
    08-16-16 01:14 PM
    From my experience, Facetime is popular with grandparents. Simple might not be a bad thing.
    And what exactly are you inferring sonny?
    08-16-16 02:52 PM
    How is it released? When I go to the Play Store, the option to download is not there. Only to pre-register.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-16-16 03:07 PM
    How is it released? When I go to the Play Store, the option to download is not there. Only to pre-register.

It's not a global launch. If you're desperate for it, get it at APKMirror. At your own risk of course.
    08-16-16 03:26 PM
    Why is Stella seeming hiding behind a gigantic piece of paper. Does no good for video chat if you're hiding-
    08-16-16 03:49 PM
    Why is Stella seeming hiding behind a gigantic piece of paper. Does no good for video chat if you're hiding-
    Showing her art work inch by inch? Or you'd need a widescreen phone!!!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-16-16 05:05 PM
    Not open source , no care.

Posted via Priv
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-16-16 06:41 PM

I don't know. I saw an article then when I went to Google Play it just installed (from Play). I didn't get it from apk mirror or anywhere else. I checked Allo and it still said "pre-register".

08-16-16 07:19 PM
    I have trouble convincing Apple folks to install anything else.

"end to end encrypted" other than Google can probably eavesdrop if they want????? They obviously have someway of advertising while it is running????
    Yeah I burned a few bridges with my friends when I got them to install BBM a couple of years ago.....

I've always kinda been the odd man out... first with BlackBerry, and now even with Android. Here at work, 70% are iPhone users and still growing.

At home I'm the only non-iPhone user, and in my extend family circle there are three of us that are Android users.... not sure if the other 25 will bother installing some Google app to communicate with just us?

Among my friends, there are a few more Android users as these tend to be more tech people... but then I'm not sure I'll be "duoing" them (that doesn't sound right).
    gebco likes this.
    08-17-16 09:55 AM
    What is this allo about? This is from Google to replace messenger?

I welcome my stalker
    08-17-16 10:46 AM
    And what exactly are you inferring sonny?
    Anyone here is certainly not included in that

My father, who I had to convince that his bank did not require his email address to be his real name (for identity verification) probably couldn't figure out facetime either. He doesn't understand that a DVR is not the same as a VCR. So maybe in between the two.

I've actually had someone say that "old people don't understand the Internet", and my response was that "old people invented it."
    08-17-16 11:04 AM
    So what about Google Hangouts??

Posted via the Priv for Android
    08-17-16 11:10 AM
    When I was on BlackBerry 10, the Mrs'es and I would always BBM video chat. But now that I've switched to the Priv and she's still on her Classic we no longer have the compatibility.

I'll have to see how well it works if downloaded onto the Classic. We use BBM exclusively to communicate so I'd hate to break away from that.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    08-17-16 11:23 AM
    Allo is a new Messenger.

Hangouts is supposedly going to continue, but with a more business focus. I dunno.

08-17-16 02:41 PM
    Allo is a new Messenger along the lines of imessage.

Hangouts is supposedly going to continue, but with a more business focus. I dunno.

I dont know why these blank messages keep popping up and I can't figure out how to delete them. So I type something stupid in them. Like this.

08-17-16 02:42 PM
    its great but no OS 10 cross video......................Boooooo
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-17-16 05:58 PM
    Oh heck, did Bla1ze scoop me? Only fitting. I wish I'd known him in college... I would have had more fun.

No, I don't think very much is going to be bb10 compatible going forward. My Passport weeps.

08-17-16 06:07 PM
    Oh heck, did Bla1ze scoop me? Only fitting. I wish I'd known him in college... I would have had more fun.

No, I don't think very much is going to be bb10 compatible going forward. My Passport weeps.

Yes I know...........but BBM is still on the waiting list for all 3 OS Systems.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-17-16 06:10 PM
    Buddy I am in your corner. I may have been in the corner first; I dunno. But I am leery of any bb10 promises these days.

08-17-16 06:21 PM
37 12