Although I probably don't need it with a gorilla glass 4 I do feel a bit insecure about not having one. There are so many to choose from and I would imagine a curved screen making it difficult for one to be applied. Anyone have any recommendations or good experiences with a specific brand ??

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-20-16 02:30 PM
    Ghost Armor. They are/were in Mall kiosks but less so, I gather. I had it professionally installed. Adheres well, so far, to the curved screen. It was designed for it, so fits nicely. It is a liquid application. I gather from some comments here, that the curved screen does present issues for some brands.
    05-20-16 02:50 PM
    Although I probably don't need it with a gorilla glass 4 I do feel a bit insecure about not having one. There are so many to choose from and I would imagine a curved screen making it difficult for one to be applied. Anyone have any recommendations or good experiences with a specific brand ??
    I didn't think I'd need one either... boy was I wrong...

Good Priv screen protector-chpullqwwaakgxk.jpg
    05-20-16 08:36 PM
    The biggest problem with curved screen is that subpar screen protector tends to crumble up at the corner as the plastic peels up easily.

Before I thought curved screens are cool, now I think they are such a hassle, and such terrible reflector of light.
    05-21-16 04:39 AM
    Try Skinomi
    I've it and it works good. No problem with the curved screen
    05-21-16 01:11 PM
    I can't remember the name of the protector I have but had to install it using water. It had to be wet when applied. It's great!

If anyone knows the brand of protector chime in.

05-21-16 01:38 PM
    I have a Zagg full body screen protector. It's shiny, self repairing and stays fitted around the edges. I like it. Got it at Verizon store.
    05-21-16 01:58 PM
    I too have the Zagg, so far it has stayed put on the curved edge, it a bit glossy for my taste, but it appears to be good protection.

05-21-16 02:16 PM
    My Skinomi was wet apply. Has been on for a couple months and nothing has moved from the edges or corners. Easy to apply and seems to be holding up well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    05-22-16 11:29 PM
    I put a Skinomi protector on my wife's Priv and it has been excellent. I have a Klearlook protector on my own Priv, which feels closer to plain glass but is very thin and, being self-adhesive, quite challenging to lay perfectly first time.

FF22 likes this.
    05-23-16 06:52 AM
    Does anyone with the Skinomi get those squiggly lines that show up on the screen protector? This is my wife's Nextbit Robin but the same problem has happened on other Skinomi protectors I have applied. If I am doing something wrong then I would like to fix it. If you cant see what I mean I will try to get a better picture.

Good Priv screen protector-img_20160515_1938554.jpg
    05-23-16 03:05 PM
    merlin, the squiggles definitely show in the picture. I don't know what causes that.
    05-23-16 03:44 PM
    Does anyone with the Skinomi get those squiggly lines that show up on the screen protector? This is my wife's Nextbit Robin but the same problem has happened on other Skinomi protectors I have applied. If I am doing something wrong then I would like to fix it. If you cant see what I mean I will try to get a better picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160515_1938554.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	400503
    Nope, never seen that before. Nothing like that on mine. Might contact Skinomi and send them the pic. I'm sure they'd be able to offer some advice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-16 05:11 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160515_1938554.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	400503
    I'm not sure what causes it but me and my brother both have Zagg HD on our phone and his looks like your phone and mine doesn't and both were put on the same day the same way. It could simply be a defective product.

FF22 likes this.
    05-23-16 05:43 PM
    Ghost Armor. They are/were in Mall kiosks but less so, I gather. I had it professionally installed. Adheres well, so far, to the curved screen. It was designed for it, so fits nicely. It is a liquid application. I gather from some comments here, that the curved screen does present issues for some brands.
    Can you post some pics if it's not too much trouble?

05-24-16 07:59 PM
    Can you post some pics if it's not too much trouble?

Actually, there's nothing to really photograph. Can't really see the edge around the curve and it is cut out around the front camera and upper ear piece. It was a really neat job. I did cringe as he generously doused it with their application liquid. They squeegee it and put in a fan gently heated case.
    05-24-16 11:05 PM
    Actually, there's nothing to really photograph. Can't really see the edge around the curve and it is cut out around the front camera and upper ear piece. It was a really neat job. I did cringe as he generously doused it with their application liquid. They squeegee it and put in a fan gently heated case.
    Cool, how do you find it's holding up? Any bubbling or lifting on the curves?

05-25-16 08:29 AM
    Cool, how do you find it's holding up? Any bubbling or lifting on the curves?

No problems whatsoever. But I do keep it in a flip case so it is rarely dragged, pushed or pulled against other surfaces. It also was not exactly cheap,about $30 US for it and installation. One of the other Moderators here recommended it. While he was applying mine, a woman wanted to change from a matte to a shiny. He really had to work to get the old one off including trying to lift along its edges. So, it appears that they stick really well.

I went with Matte. I prefer fewer finger prints. It probably does dull the screen a bit but in 3 months I have not regretted that decision. As a matter of fact, he applied about an inch square of each to mine to show me how they would each look - nice sampling.

Again, I understand that they use to have more kiosks but less now so it may be hard to find. Mine was south of Seattle. I think you can order and install yourself but have not checked.
    05-25-16 09:13 AM