I have the Gmail app set to not sync and have my Gmail set up in the hub. It's working great except any email received and my replies show up in triplicate.

I did a content transfer after I had set up my Hub email accounts but unticked email accounts when I did the transfer. I hadn't noticed the triplicating prior to the transfer but I was heavy into my learning curve in those early days and may have just overlooked it . I also set up MSN and Telus email accounts at the same time. They're running as they should with no duplication.

I'm using an STV100-1 running on the Telus network. Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-15 03:22 PM
    Bumping this. Hoping someone can help.

12-20-15 05:45 PM
    Try setting up from scratch?
    12-20-15 06:48 PM
    Try setting up from scratch?
    Thanks Zocster. I'll keep that one in my back pocket. It's a big job. Hoping I can find another solution.

I did see suggestions (after the fact) in the forums to do the content transfer first before setting up the email accounts in the hub. If I do start it from scratch that may resolve it for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this duplication with Gmail?

12-20-15 08:30 PM
    Thanks Zocster. I'll keep that one in my back pocket. It's a big job. Hoping I can find another solution.

I did see suggestions (after the fact) in the forums to do the content transfer first before setting up the email accounts in the hub. If I do start it from scratch that may resolve it for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this duplication with Gmail?

I'm assuming from the issue that you are syncing folders/labels within your Gmail account?
    12-21-15 12:43 PM
    I had this issue when I was synching redundant folders: all mail, inbox, important, etc. Make sure you're adding folders that don't contain the same messages that are in other folders. This really should be corrected by blackberry so that users can sync and select alternate gmail views but exclude them from the common main folder.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 08:13 PM
    OP, I don't know about triplets but I fixed my duplicates by removing Gmail account from the Google account (only keep my gmail in hub).

You can Google "Priv duplicated notifications " and easily find the how-to.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 10:22 PM
    I'm assuming from the issue that you are syncing folders/labels within your Gmail account?
    Hello. Yes I have the issue of double Gmail because I sync folders/labels to Priv, specifically the all-important All Mail folder/label.

You mentioned earler this was going to be fixed with the Hub update last week. It was not.

The only fix required is to allow us to turn off the default to show UNREAD filed emails. Then unread messages won't show twice (Inbox and All Mail).

Can you please comment on this? I was very surprised this wasn't fixed with the recent update.

12-22-15 05:00 AM
    We're actively in the process of fixing it. It turned out to be more complicated than originally hoped and we didn't want to just put a cheap hack in that would have other consequences. I don't recall saying this one would be in the update, but if I did my apologies.
    12-22-15 08:02 AM
    We're actively in the process of fixing it. It turned out to be more complicated than originally hoped and we didn't want to just put a cheap hack in that would have other consequences. I don't recall saying this one would be in the update, but if I did my apologies.
    Thanks! Maybe you didn't

Why can't we just turn off the showing of unread filed emails? That wouldn't fix it.

12-22-15 08:31 AM
    I mean, "that would fix it".
    12-22-15 08:50 AM
    I mean, "that would fix it".
    That's kind of what we're looking to do, but you need to go deeper than that. You don't want to get notifications in triplicate still, or have your unread counts reflecting all of the emails, or all of your "single" emails showing as a conversation in the list but then only opening the single email. There are a lot of things that need to be worked through to more properly fix the issue.
    aha likes this.
    12-22-15 09:38 AM
    That's kind of what we're looking to do, but you need to go deeper than that. You don't want to get notifications in triplicate still, or have your unread counts reflecting all of the emails, or all of your "single" emails showing as a conversation in the list but then only opening the single email. There are a lot of things that need to be worked through to more properly fix the issue.
    Understood, and thank you very much for your continued help.
    12-22-15 09:47 AM
    Thumbs up. I hate temporary hacks that just patch things up. Usually the incentive to do so is to save time and resource, but more often then not it costs you way more, not only in measurable resources, but also immeasurable costs in credit and reputation.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-22-15 09:53 AM

Yes. Exactly! From your responses and the others here I was able to resolve the triplicate issue. I unticked the syncing of Important and All Mail and, not only did it prevent subsequent tripling, but eliminated the extra two copies of prior emails.

The All Mail is useful when viewing my Gmail from my PC so please do let us know when this is fixed in a future update so I can turn sync on again. And I echo a previous comment appreciating a thorough fix instead of a quick patch job.

Thanks for replying to my post.

12-23-15 03:02 AM
    Yes. Exactly! From your responses and the others here I was able to resolve the triplicate issue. I unticked the syncing of Important and All Mail and, not only did it prevent subsequent tripling, but eliminated the extra two copies of prior emails.

The All Mail is useful when viewing my Gmail from my PC so please do let us know when this is fixed in a future update so I can turn sync on again. And I echo a previous comment appreciating a thorough fix instead of a quick patch job.

Thanks for replying to my post.

Yup All Mail is the issue, but since I strictly adhere to the principle of inbox zero, I really like having All Mail synced.

12-23-15 04:09 AM
    Yup All Mail is the issue, but since I strictly adhere to the principle of inbox zero, I really like having All Mail synced.

Thanks for the feedback...while we're at it, do you like seeing those filed/foldered messages in your main list? Or would you prefer them to only show up in the folder specific view?
    12-23-15 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the feedback...while we're at it, do you like seeing those filed/foldered messages in your main list? Or would you prefer them to only show up in the folder specific view?
    The latter. I don't want filed messages showing up at all in my main list. The main list should be a list of Inbox items, in my opinion. I always turn off "Show Read Filed Emails", and I wish I could turn off "Show Unread Filed Emails", because the showing of unread filed emails is a frustration with no added value.

Thanks for asking!
    12-23-15 08:42 AM
    The latter. I don't want filed messages showing up at all in my main list. The main list should be a list of Inbox items, in my opinion. I always turn off "Show Read Filed Emails", and I wish I could turn off "Show Unread Filed Emails", because the showing of unread filed emails is a frustration with no added value.

Thanks for asking!
    Agreed. Once filed it should be out of the main list. I keep mine clear by filing and deleting those no longer needed.

12-24-15 12:43 AM
    Agreed. Once filed it should be out of the main list. I keep mine clear by filing and deleting those no longer needed.

Yet with Gmail, unless you mark it read, it will still show in main list (as filed but yellow). Frustrating.

12-24-15 06:12 AM

Ignoring stuff you're actively filing in the Hub....talking more about things you have 'rules' for on a PC or elsewhere where the content FIRST lands in a folder. If you've got that folder synced on your device, do you want those items showing up in the inbox as they come in or separately in a folder specific view only?
    12-24-15 09:21 AM
    Ignoring stuff you're actively filing in the Hub....talking more about things you have 'rules' for on a PC or elsewhere where the content FIRST lands in a folder. If you've got that folder synced on your device, do you want those items showing up in the inbox as they come in or separately in a folder specific view only?
    God no. If I set an email to go DIRECTLY into a folder, I don't want it showing on main page. That's why I set it to go directly into a folder. I want it out of the way!

12-24-15 09:32 AM
    this problem is, and has been happening to me since day one. hopefully it will be fixed with the next hub update. it can't come soon enough.
    03-03-16 07:40 AM