Yeay, an iPhone for every Terrorist so they can plan and conduct their attacks without being cuaght. Thanks Mr. Cook

Posted via CB10
    A burner phone and PS4 (PSN chat), criminals use lower tech.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    01-04-16 08:12 AM
    I don't think the article was trashing Chen although I see how it could have been read that way. The editor was stating issues with the current state of privacy and encryption! However, I think a lot of the readers comments were more bashing in nature but I think the editor wrote the post to get that type of feedback. Writeups can always be steered to whatever agenda the writer has in mind. It's stupid but it's just an opinion!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-04-16 10:50 AM
    True, but the larger issue, and where Gizmodo stepped into the dog's excrement with this, is in their characterization of Apple's view as "good" and BlackBerry's as "bad."

The simple fact of the matter is that there is a process to challenge a law you don't like even if you're a single individuals with few or no resources. It's not a simple process, and there's no guarantee of success, but you have one.

There is no process to challenge or do anything effective about a multinational corporation that gives the middle finger to the law in a way that impacts you. The reason is simple -- at the end of the day it is the law that you must use to get (lawful) recourse, and if they ignore it once they might ignore it again; if they judge they can get away with it then why not do so?

And when it comes down to the risk of such an event impacting you the odds of the government "coming after you" in an unwarranted fashion, while real, pales next to the risk of a private corporation doing something that is WILDLY to your disadvantage, whether intentionally or through negligence. How many firms have destroyed people's earnings and futures through H1b abuse, as just one of many examples? How about near-slave labor conditions and environmental arbitrage in places like China? You're FAR more likely to be harmed by something a corporation does than government surveillance overreach.

This isn't say we shouldn't deal with the latter -- we should. But cheering on firms that erect the middle finger toward the law is exactly backward when it comes to your self-interest, since a company that will do that in this sort of case will do it anytime it feels like it and believes it can get away with it, and 99 times out of 100 that's going to hurt​ you, not help.
    This is exactly the issue of concern.

I am less concerned with government oversight, than i am with corporate oversight.

Why? The government can only hurt me with my own data if i am breaking laws or conspiring to.

A corporation can hurt me with my own data any way it sees fit upon identifying a way to profit from it.

If Google or Apple are able to break rules just because their multinational multi-billion dollar companies, then they become incredibly dangerous.
    What is to stop them from violating their users in the name of profit? A slap on the wrist legal fine of a few billion dollars? What about when the gains exceed the punishment, well you do it, that's capitalism my friends.

There is so much data that these companies gather on you that could be sold, and they already use you. Your not only a customer, you are an asset, because your digital footprint can be sold a million times over.

It is far more concerning to me that a company can track my every move, predict my actions, and manipulate me based on my behavior. (All the data you willingly give them access to, no tricks here!)

A government which has to jump through hoops to obtain information is far less threatening than a corporation which doesn't even have those hoops, because you gave them that access. Who cares about what their TOS says, if the profit presents itself they will violate your data in every way possible, because history has shown they'll pay a few billion fine, but the sale of the data and the knowledge gained from the breach will pay far, far more than a government could ever fine

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-04-16 05:40 PM
    The idea is, security is no longer an attribute of Blackberry, other companies are offering same or even higher levels of security for their customers. Like it or not.
    Care to name these companies that are doing a better job of security than BlackBerry?

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    01-04-16 06:33 PM
    What's a Jizmodo?

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    LOL
    01-04-16 06:48 PM
    Yeay, an iPhone for every Terrorist so they can plan and conduct their attacks without being cuaght. Thanks Mr. Cook

Posted via CB10
    Impressive rhetoric.
    01-04-16 08:31 PM
    The Internet is inhabited mostly by clowns. Remember this and you'll not be bothered by the ridiculousness of it all.

00stryder likes this.
    01-05-16 07:36 PM
    The Internet was once thought of as a great place with the potential to create real change in the world. Now it's full of metard selfies and the worst aspects of humanity, expanded upon relentlessly.

01-05-16 07:38 PM
33 12