So I got my Priv at T-Mobile last night. Spent all of last night and this morning updating everything and re-downloading all my apps that I had gotten on my Classic and my previous Android myTouch. A few things I'm looking for so I can have everything back up to speed from my last 2 phones

1) What's the best file manager to get as there appears to be no default file manager on here?
    2) Gallery? Don't like the Google Photos app. Google's video app doesn't excite me either.
    3) Music Player? I do not stream music whatsoever, everything is on the SD card. I like album art too, so I'd like an app that displays album art of the current song playing prominently.
    4) FM Radio? I do not want to be streaming my local sports talk radio stations. If 3 and 4 are in 1 app like in the default BB10 Music Player app, great.
    5) Wallpaper? How do you get the wallpaper not to scroll. I had Wallpaper Wizardii Pro before in the myTouch but it doesn't seem to work on the Priv.

I think that's everything. If I think of anything else, I'll repost.
    02-11-16 10:35 AM
    1. I like Solid Explorer for file management.

2. I use Solid Explorer's Image Viewer, and also F-Stop.
    02-11-16 10:54 AM
    1. I bought solid explorer
    2. I use quickpic
    3.I bought power amp
    4. Tune in like on bb10
    5. It is in the settings for wallpapers

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 10:56 AM
    1. total commander
    2. piktures and f-stop
    3. using trial of poweramp
    5 using a "no wallpaper" app from google play which is a black screen/wallpaper (to save battery)
    02-11-16 11:06 AM
    Press an hold a blank spot on your desktop and select wallpaper.

There is no FM tuner with the Priv. Need to stream.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    02-11-16 11:22 AM
    Press an hold a blank spot on your desktop and select wallpaper.

There is no FM tuner with the Priv. Need to stream.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    I thought the hardware for the FM tuner is there, just not activated on the software side?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 11:25 AM
    1. I bought solid explorer
    2. I use quickpic
    3.I bought power amp
    4. Tune in like on bb10
    5. It is in the settings for wallpapers

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I downloaded Tune in, am I actually listening OTA or am I using data?

I like what I see on Power Amp website. Will buy it and give it a whirl.

Solid Explorer has a classic version ($2 to unlock) and Solid Explorer File Manager. Which one?

I tried Wizardrii and it's not working. Am I doing something wrong? Any alternatives?
    02-11-16 11:34 AM
    I thought the hardware for the FM tuner is there, just not activated on the software side?

Posted via CB10
    So maybe when we get the Marshmallow update we'll get a default FM Tuner? It would fit in with T-Mobile MO. When I had the Curve 9360, the default OS 7.0 it came with had no tuner. When I finally was able to get the 7.1 on it, the tuner was there.
    02-11-16 11:46 AM
    Tune in app is for streaming so eating your data if on 3g/4g

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 12:44 PM

I figured that when I noticed it buffering during my lunch just now. Know of any alternatives?
    02-11-16 01:35 PM
    Music streaming doesn't count towards your data plan on T-Mobile, correct? Or is it only for "approved" apps? I have unlimited data so I don't keep up with that info too much.
    02-11-16 01:40 PM

Solid Explorer has a classic version ($2 to unlock) and Solid Explorer File Manager. Which one?

I tried Wizardrii and it's not working. Am I doing something wrong? Any alternatives?
    Not the Classic. Get the File Manager one.
    02-11-16 04:18 PM
    The following have worked very well for me:

File manager - Solid Explorer (get the 'file manager' version and it will prompt you after a while if you want to purchase of which I did)

Music player - Black Player (purchased the 'full' version but the free version works very well and is add free)

Gallery - F-Stop (again, will prompt you after a while to pay, which I did, but works very well indeed with some nice options)

Feels strange to have to pay for these core apps but after a little outlay they will serve my needs for the duration of the phone.

For video player I use: VLC

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 04:41 PM
    I've always had Root Explorer, PowerAmp, QuickPic, and use approved streaming apps on the Music Freedom option so don't care for FM.
    02-11-16 05:33 PM

Solid explorer 2.0 full unlock is $2
    02-11-16 08:36 PM

It uses WiFi if WiFi is on otherwise your data obviously
    02-11-16 08:36 PM
    The following have worked very well for me:

File manager - Solid Explorer (get the 'file manager' version and it will prompt you after a while if you want to purchase of which I did)

Music player - Black Player (purchased the 'full' version but the free version works very well and is add free)

Gallery - F-Stop (again, will prompt you after a while to pay, which I did, but works very well indeed with some nice options)

Feels strange to have to pay for these core apps but after a little outlay they will serve my needs for the duration of the phone.

For video player I use: VLC

Posted via CB10
    These are paid apps and yes they were all free on bb10 however I find these apps superior to free offerings from blackberry. File explorer has access to all cloud storage services and blackberry file manager did not. Etc
    02-11-16 08:38 PM
    So maybe when we get the Marshmallow update we'll get a default FM Tuner? It would fit in with T-Mobile MO. When I had the Curve 9360, the default OS 7.0 it came with had no tuner. When I finally was able to get the 7.1 on it, the tuner was there.
    Potentially, there hasn't been any news pertaining to the FM radio functionality so it's just speculation at this point.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 09:44 AM
    1) Solid Explorer - Worth the purchase from what I've tried.

2) Cant help here, Not big on photos, take a few here and there, but would be interested to see what you find.

3) Neutron - Still my fav. Does the album art, but wont download it if its not in the tag or folder (afaik). I like this because it starts playback automagically when it reconnects with my bluetooth things (speakers, headphones, car)

4) The priv has fm radio? I havent listened to the radio since my fav station shut down out here.

5) Would also like to know what you find. I dont mind that my wallpaper scrolls, but would like some of them not to.
    02-12-16 10:51 AM
    Not sure if the Priv has an FM tuner, but American (maybe all North American) carriers tend to ask for the tuner to be disabled.

FWIW, GSM Arena says that the Priv does not have it.

Music streaming doesn't count towards your data plan on T-Mobile, correct? Or is it only for "approved" apps? I have unlimited data so I don't keep up with that info too much.
    Approved apps. TuneIn is not one of them.

If the local radio stations have apps, they may be zero rated. TMO probably has a list of "Music Freedom" apps up somewhere.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-12-16 11:21 AM
    Not sure if the Priv has an FM tuner, but American (maybe all North American) carriers tend to ask for the tuner to be disabled.

FWIW, GSM Arena says that the Priv does not have it.

Approved apps. TuneIn is not one of them.

If the local radio stations have apps, they may be zero rated. TMO probably has a list of "Music Freedom" apps up somewhere.
    I think the FCC filing said there was an FM tuner, believe I read it on the verizon priv waiting room thread.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 11:24 AM
    I think the FCC filing said there was an FM tuner, believe I read it on the verizon priv waiting room thread.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought too, but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 12:09 PM
    That's what I thought too, but I'm not 100% sure.
    You guys are right, it's there (in all the three FCC-cleared models slated for North America.) Soo...once again, the carriers asking for their hilariously stated, aggravating demand to be met.
    FCSC and 00stryder like this.
    02-12-16 08:05 PM
    1) I use ES File Explorer.
    2) Piktures for pictures, VLC for videos.
    3) Rocket Player.
    4) No clue.
    5) Should be in the wallpaper settings.
    02-12-16 11:38 PM
    So putting up the wallpaper through QuickPic makes the wallpaper non-scrolling, so I'm good with that one. The FM radio is still on the wait, I've been lugging my Classic for the time being hoping that the Marshmallow update will give me the tuner.

My only complaint with Poweramp so far is the thumbnails for album covers. All my mp3s (about 17,000 at the moment) have the album art embedded in the file. If I use folder view, the default thumbnail is from the 1st song (what I want), but if I use library view it shows the thumbnail of the last song <the exact opposite of the BB10 music player>. Using the Taylor Swift 1989 album as an example, the folder view shows the "normal" 1989 cover, while looking at it in library view, it shows the "deluxe" album cover from the last few tracks. This is further confirmed when looking at any album called "Greatest Hits" - in library view, every album called Greatest Hits is accessed under 1 thumbnail - and the default cover is from the end of the alphabet, not the start. I've been trying to post if there's a setting to change that on the poweramp board but they haven't given me approval to post on their boards since signing up on Friday.
    02-16-16 03:45 PM
34 12