Hello,
    I'm from Georgia
    Blackberry priv doesn't support georgian.
    I have downloaded georgian fonts from googleplay. Sensor keyboard works fine but qwerty doesn't. Still writes english letters. Are there any chance to write on georgian using physical keyboard?
    Thanks
    02-21-17 01:24 AM
    Have not seen anyone come up with a successful way to convert the physical keyboard...
    02-21-17 10:00 AM
    Sad
    Priv is my first blackberry and I already love it.
    I thought my next phone will be mercury...
    02-21-17 11:26 AM
    Hello,
    I'm from Georgia
    Blackberry priv doesn't support georgian.
    I have downloaded georgian fonts from googleplay. Sensor keyboard works fine but qwerty doesn't. Still writes english letters. Are there any chance to write on georgian using physical keyboard?
    Thanks
    Seems that is supporting your language. See screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Does the Priv support the Georgian language input?-32025.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    02-21-17 01:54 PM
    Seems that is supporting your language. See screen shot.
    It's supported, but the physical keyboard always writes Latin letters. The same issue is with languages which use Cyrillic alphabet, I guess unless they're specifically designed for that market. e.g. I've seen pictures of Russian Privs which have the Russian alphabet printed on the keys beside the English one so I guess they can be used to type Cyrillic properly.
    02-21-17 03:45 PM
    It's supported, but the physical keyboard always writes Latin letters. The same issue is with languages which use Cyrillic alphabet, I guess unless they're specifically designed for that market. e.g. I've seen pictures of Russian Privs which have the Russian alphabet printed on the keys beside the English one so I guess they can be used to type Cyrillic properly.
    You are right, I have just test it and it doesn't work on the PKB , only on the touch screen keyboard.
    This is an omission that they have to fix !
    02-21-17 05:02 PM
    You are right, I have just test it and it doesn't work on the PKB , only on the touch screen keyboard.
    This is an omission that they have to fix !
    So how they have to fix it? We must send them letters about it or how? Sorry about maybe my naive question but it's first time I have this kind of issue.
    02-21-17 05:46 PM
    Georgian alphabet has 30 something characters, isn't that gonna be kinda difficult to do on a PKB that only has 26 buttons?
    Russia uses one of the Cyrillic alphabets, which also have 30+, so not really sure how they pulled off putting them on the PKB
    kikipintre likes this.
    02-22-17 04:28 PM
    Fact is you can write Russian and Georgian has a problem
    02-22-17 04:50 PM
    I only speak one language, so you guys are way ahead of me. I just couldn't see how it was possible to fit 30+ characters on 26 keys.
    (Apparently I'm not too good with English either, had to use the dictionary twice on this thread to spell characters correctly)
    02-22-17 06:18 PM