So the forum has just been renamed from Blackberry Slider to Blackberry Priv. Does it mean that Priv retail name is real? Is it really what Chen had in mind when saying about making Blackberry 'sexy' again?
    09-24-15 03:48 AM
    Well if we tell you we have to... lol
    09-24-15 03:50 AM
    cant we keep it as blackberry slider as it sounds a hell of a lot better than priv worst name ever I think
    09-24-15 03:52 AM
    They should call it the wrist slitter. Anyone who was putting off suicide in order to get a Venice in their hands have just decided to end it all.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    vanrickman and deadcowboy like this.
    09-24-15 04:31 AM
    Seems early to change it. Based on one twitter post. Unless CB knows something....

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    09-24-15 04:34 AM
    CB is a media outlet. They have to keep stirring to stay in business.
    09-24-15 04:46 AM
    Seems early to change it. Based on one twitter post. Unless CB knows something....

Posted via CB10
    Definitely. And CB likes the name Priv.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 07:40 AM
    Guess that makes us all 'Privvies'.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 07:41 AM
    It's time for Bla!ze to go to war against Chen and his filthy name for a phone. Bring a spotlight down on Waterloo and demand the name of the person who thought Priv was a good idea. And ask Chen "WTF"?!

09-24-15 09:37 AM
    You wouldn't buy a smartphone because of it's name, really?

It's not like it has a giant label on the front, "PRIV". There's better things to worry about man, like whether it's a hypervisor or not
    Absolutely. I have a black, red, and AT&T Passport, Classic, Z30, and Z10. I had initially switched my entire family to the Z10 on release of BB10. They were all waiting (on my advice) until Nov to see what the Slider would be like.

My sister and I both skipped the Leap because we thought the name was dumb. That was a bit easier though as we both had Z30s. The Priv name is terrible. Nobody in my family will be buying a Priv.

Apple would have to spend billions to use such a name and then a few more billion to advertise the actual product. BlackBerry isn't there. With the name Priv, I don't care if it's a hypervisor, BB10, Android... none of us will be getting it.

The name is THE most important when purchasing a product. It's simple marketing 101. Brand recognition? Name recognition? I don't know how anyone can defend such a pathetic name.

Yes, some here may still buy it. Many won't because of the name alone. You can't pretend that this is not the reality. BlackBerry shooting themselves in the foot with a device that had so much potential.

You'll start to see all of the positive press from the Android community start to turn negative as well. And yes, all because of the name "Priv". SMH.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 09:58 AM
    My original post:

I came here to see what the latest was on the Slider and I get the BlackBerry Priv. This was such an important release for BlackBerry. Why?

I skipped the Leap because of the name. Have four of us ready to upgrade to the Slider until this name came out as a rumor. Negative 4 sales so far. Keep going with this name BlackBerry. It took all excitement away.

I thought this was just a rumor and not official... I'm disgusted and convinced either Chen just wants to rid himself of devices or the focus group included Apple fanboys or Samsung employees. There is no other explanation for this.

And we thought the Leap was a poor choice. This will officially destroy all of the good press and excitement surrounding the Slider. I'm completely shocked that this has apparently become more than a rumor. Just wow. How?... terrible.

Expect the jabs at BlackBerry to begin as well. I now question BlackBerry as a whole and how out of touch they truly are.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 10:03 AM
    Was wondering where this thread went as the slider thread disappeared.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2339 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-24-15 10:06 AM
    My original post:

I came here to see what the latest was on the Slider and I get the BlackBerry Priv. This was such an important release for BlackBerry. Why?

I skipped the Leap because of the name. Have four of us ready to upgrade to the Slider until this name came out as a rumor. Negative 4 sales so far. Keep going with this name BlackBerry. It took all excitement away.

I thought this was just a rumor and not official... I'm disgusted and convinced either Chen just wants to rid himself of devices or the focus group included Apple fanboys or Samsung employees. There is no other explanation for this.

And we thought the Leap was a poor choice. This will officially destroy all of the good press and excitement surrounding the Slider. I'm completely shocked that this has apparently become more than a rumor. Just wow. How?... terrible.

Expect the jabs at BlackBerry to begin as well. I now question BlackBerry as a whole and how out of touch they truly are.

Posted via CB10
    You won't buy it just because of the name??

I can understand not buying the under powered LEAP.
    I can understand if you don't want to use Android.
    I can understand if you wait and see how the performance is and if you think the BlackBerryization of Android hurt performance without a benefit for your personally.
    I can understand if once it is priced, it you think some other Android device is a better "value" for you.

But to just skip devices based on their names.... I don't think you really wanted it to begin with.
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    09-24-15 10:52 AM
    You won't buy it just because of the name??

I can understand not buying the under powered LEAP.
    I can understand if you don't want to use Android.
    I can understand if you wait and see how the performance is and if you think the BlackBerryization of Android hurt performance without a benefit for your personally.
    I can understand if once it is priced, it you think some other Android device is a better "value" for you.

But to just skip devices based on their names.... I don't think you really wanted it to begin with.
    Thing is... I really do want the device. My dad is still on a Z10 that had a broken speaker and his boss told him he needs to upgrade. I told him to hold off and he is using my spare Z10 right now waiting until Nov.

My parents, sister, and myself were all waiting to see how the Slider turned out. Specs look great, device looks pretty cool, and since I came from Android I have no problem using an Android. My father did not want to give up the Hub or BlackBerry Calendar which should be in the Slider, but I can guarantee you that none of us will purchase if named Priv.

If it remains Priv, I'll have him get a S6 Active, mom is on a Passport so she can wait it out a bit longer, and my sister is using a Z30 with a cracked screen so she'll either get a Z30 from me or move on to an iPhone. I'm not recommending the Priv to any of them. The name is that bad.

I actually really wanted a Leap. It is aesthetically pleasing, but the name is blah. Priv is much worse. I'm constantly asked about my BlackBerry and what it is. I always say it's the Passport you should look it up, it's one of the best phones on the market. I cannot seriously call around asking for a Priv or telling anyone my new device is a Priv.

I'm loyal to BlackBerry as well. The general consumer wants "cool and sexy" as per our CEO. The Priv is neither. If it is released under a different name then I'll gladly post pics the first week of mine, my father's, and my sister's. The name is very important to the general consumer; more so than it is to me which is scary because I thought BlackBerry had something with real potential here.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 11:19 AM
    The name is THE most important when purchasing a product. It's simple marketing 101. Brand recognition? Name recognition? I don't know how anyone can defend such a pathetic name.
    Posted via CB10
    Ummmmm....

Is the name important? Yes. Very.
    Is it more important than a decent processor, memory, battery, screen, etc?
    Apperently to some people it is.
    But I think there are a whole bunch of people that think there are things more important then the name.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
    09-24-15 11:27 AM
    Ummmmm....

Is the name important? Yes. Very.
    Is it more important than a decent processor, memory, battery, screen, etc?
    Apperently to some people it is.
    But I think there are a whole bunch of people that think there are things more important then the name.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
    I don't disagree and probably shouldn't have made a blanket statement that the name is the most important, but it is very high up there for many.

BlackBerry cannot afford this type of miscalculation on such an otherwise awesome device with huge potential. Please do not take all of the sales away by naming a phone a Priv for those like myself that just won't purchase because of it.

There are plenty of Androids out there with other compromises just as the Slider will have its limits. BlackBerry has to change this ASAP.

If they're going for privacy and security go with Vault or some of the other suggestions that don't seem so... ridiculously idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    thepolishguy and ayngling like this.
    09-24-15 11:42 AM
    Name change is necessary.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 08:25 PM
    It blows my mind the amount of people not wanting to even consider buying this device because of the name.

I can picture you now.. At a phone carrier store.. Playing with the slider that's on display.. "wow.. The build quality is great.. It's pretty snappy for it being android... Wow this keyboard feels like a dream to type on.. Oh? It's named PRIV? Uh.. I'll just buy a Motorola E instead" oOokay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-25-15 11:53 PM
    09-26-15 12:24 AM
    It blows my mind the amount of people not wanting to even consider buying this device because of the name.

I can picture you now.. At a phone carrier store.. Playing with the slider that's on display.. "wow.. The build quality is great.. It's pretty snappy for it being android... Wow this keyboard feels like a dream to type on.. Oh? It's named PRIV? Uh.. I'll just buy a Motorola E instead" oOokay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Hehe I should make a YouTube video going in and just about buying the phone until I realize the name and then buy the biggest pile of crap I can that has a cool name.

MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-26-15 12:58 AM