If I was in my Ford F-150 with my previous Z30, I could tell Ford Sync to "Call BlackBerry Assistant" and once it connected, I could ask BB Assistant things I needed to know like "What day of the week on Christmas on this year?" and assistant would give me the answer.

With the Priv and Sync, what do I tell Ford Sync to connect to in order to ask questions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by cottonakin; 11-25-15 at 10:33 AM.
    11-25-15 10:19 AM
    I am curious about the same thing I use to be able to even have blackberry assistant write emails and texts
    11-29-15 09:08 PM
    You will have to use Google Play. Not sure how to set it up though. There are some good videos comparing Siri with Google Play. You should be able to get some answers on Ford Sync. Just saw this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ord.sync&hl=en
    11-29-15 09:24 PM
    Fortunately, this is one of the the things that google does better...
    Settings, language and input, google voice typing, and then "OK google detection".
    You can set it to listen for " OK google" all the time which allows you to do almost anything hands free.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 09:25 PM
    Agree with the above ^^^

I use the Priv with Ford Sync and I have "Ok Google" setup to be used from any screen on my Priv. So as long as I'm tuned to Bluetooth Audio on Sync, "OK Google" works fine and it plays through my car stereo.

If I'm tuned to FM radio instead, I still use "OK Google", but I speak into the phone. Still hands free.
    11-29-15 09:55 PM
    Thank you for the help. The one feature I had was when I held button on side of blackberry to evoke assistant my truck would switch to Bluetooth be itself. I do like how OK good is better. But this was very handy

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-30-15 07:30 AM
    Fortunately, this is one of the the things that google does better...
    Settings, language and input, google voice typing, and then "OK google detection".
    You can set it to listen for " OK google" all the time which allows you to do almost anything hands free.
    Thanks for the help, I will try it out on the way home tonight.
    11-30-15 10:19 AM
    I use the Priv with Ford Sync and I have "Ok Google" setup to be used from any screen on my Priv. So as long as I'm tuned to Bluetooth Audio on Sync, "OK Google" works fine and it plays through my car stereo.

If I'm tuned to FM radio instead, I still use "OK Google", but I speak into the phone. Still hands free.
    Okay, I have tried this every way I can think of and it doesn't work.
    I made sure that "OK Google" is setup for any screen.
    I use SYNC to go to "Bluetooth Audio", I say "OK Google" and nothing.
    I press the SYNC button on the steering wheel, say "OK Google" and nothing.
    I LONG Press the SYNC button on the steering wheel, say "OK Google" and nothing.

Before I tried any of this, I had updated SYNC with the latest version just released from Ford (which is supposed to give compatibility with Apple Siri), maybe that broke the old way.

Anyway, any help would be most appreciated!
    12-30-15 10:48 AM
    Okay, I have tried this every way I can think of and it doesn't work.
    I made sure that "OK Google" is setup for any screen.
    I use SYNC to go to "Bluetooth Audio", I say "OK Google" and nothing.
    I press the SYNC button on the steering wheel, say "OK Google" and nothing.
    I LONG Press the SYNC button on the steering wheel, say "OK Google" and nothing.

Before I tried any of this, I had updated SYNC with the latest version just released from Ford (which is supposed to give compatibility with Apple Siri), maybe that broke the old way.

Anyway, any help would be most appreciated!
    Is your phone unlocked? Mine needs to be unlocked in order for "ok Google" to work. You may have to change your lock settings.

Posted from my Priv
    12-30-15 02:47 PM
    Is your phone unlocked? Mine needs to be unlocked in order for "ok Google" to work. You may have to change your lock settings.

Posted from my Priv
    Exactly - the phone has to be in the mode to hear the "OK GOOGLE". So your screen will have to be on for this to happen. Can't just be in your pocket with the screen off like you used to be able to do with BB Asst unfortunately. That was one thing I miss - sync and BB asst rocked with no touch at all.

So the phone itself is hearing you when you say "OK GOOGLE" not the car. So put it in a cup holder, have the screen on (I think you can set it to have the screen always on when charging) and say OK GOOGLE to the phone. See if that fires it up. It should answer via bluetooth audio though.
    12-30-15 04:12 PM
    I've got the Bluetooth connection with Ford Sync setup as a Trusted Device (or whatever they call it) so as long as it is connected to the truck's Bluetooth, it remains unlocked. This is actually a very nice feature that I found while playing around with the device.
    12-31-15 08:53 AM
    Exactly - the phone has to be in the mode to hear the "OK GOOGLE". So your screen will have to be on for this to happen. Can't just be in your pocket with the screen off like you used to be able to do with BB Asst unfortunately. That was one thing I miss - sync and BB asst rocked with no touch at all.

So the phone itself is hearing you when you say "OK GOOGLE" not the car. So put it in a cup holder, have the screen on (I think you can set it to have the screen always on when charging) and say OK GOOGLE to the phone. See if that fires it up. It should answer via bluetooth audio though.
    Well, it sounds like it just isn't going to work like BB Assistant did, as you say that actually worked very nicely with Sync. It's a shame because the more I use "OK Google" the more I am impressed with it.

B.
    12-31-15 08:56 AM
    Well, it sounds like it just isn't going to work like BB Assistant did, as you say that actually worked very nicely with Sync. It's a shame because the more I use "OK Google" the more I am impressed with it.

B.
    Motorola implemented special hardware which allows "Okay Google" with the screen off from many feet across the room. Unfortunately, it's a gift and a curse, as it separates their products, but it sure sucks that it's not standard in all of Android.

I hadn't realized it, but I guess I've been spoiled with my smartwatch...if my screen on my phone is off, I can just lift my wrist and say "Okay Google" to that instead.
    12-31-15 09:23 AM