By swapping out my unit for a new one. I purchased the first one from Rogers in Calgary that had a sticker on it that read Nov. 5th. Pretty much every issue noted in these forums were ones that I encountered, clicking screen, side bezel popping out, overheating and the keyboard lag. I tried gutting it out but finally had enough and swapped the unit out for one that had a sticker that read Nov. 17th. Two days in, I have ZERO issues with this unit. No more creeks, no more boiling phone and most importantly, I can type "all in all" super fast without any issues. Now I'm not saying that the first batch of phones were faulty but again, from my personal experience, it's night and day between my first one and this one. If there's anyone out there who's experiencing more than one of the issues mentioned, return your unit for a new one. Worked for me, hopefully it works for you too!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-19-15 05:23 PM
    lucky! just out of curiosity - what is the 'build number' on the good phone, under settings/about phone?

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    11-19-15 06:34 PM
    lucky! just out of curiosity - what is the 'build number' on the good phone, under settings/about phone?

AAC724 (release aospl-msm8992 42 qc8992_sfi-user)

keepit dry and kertong like this.
    11-19-15 06:54 PM
    ah ha!!!

mine is AAC826 (release aospl-msm8992 64 qc8992_sfi-user). looks like there are two different software builds out there - the early models must've had poorly optimized / buggy builds out the door.

now it makes more sense why some people are having great experiences with their priv while others aren't (keyboard lag, overheating, poor batt)

are both of your phones rogers models? wonder if carrier models have different software builds?

11-19-15 07:01 PM
    The real question is what did you try to solve your non-physically obvious problems beforehand?
    11-19-15 07:02 PM
    ah ha!!!

mine is AAC826 (release aospl-msm8992 64 qc8992_sfi-user). looks like there are two different software builds out there - the early models must've had poorly optimized / buggy builds out the door.

now it makes more sense why some people are having great experiences with their priv while others aren't (keyboard lag, overheating, poor batt)

It could be. The keyboard on this one just feels better in total. My previous one felt as though there was a gap between the back cover and the phone, whether that had anything to do with it, I don't know. The issues I dealt with aren't issues anymore.

kertong likes this.
    11-19-15 07:06 PM
    The real question is what did you try to solve your non-physically obvious problems beforehand?
    Why did I try solving it? Or did you mean to ask why I didn't?

11-19-15 07:07 PM
    Why did I try solving it? Or did you mean to ask why I didn't?

I paid cash for my Priv via ShopBlackberry. I was actually planning to box my Priv up and send it back.

The phone would not allow me to touch the display when any fingers were touching the keyboard, the keyboard would randomly grab word corrections if my fingers moved along the keyboard (usually reaching for the next key in the word) and I had trouble scrolling using touch on the screen while the keyboard is extended.

On a lark as a last ditch effort I went to SETTINGS then LANG AND INPUT then PHYSICAL KEYBOARD then disabled PHYSICAL KEYBOARD GESTURES.

This fixed all of my issues. I am now very happy with my Priv.
    11-28-15 05:16 PM