The first Priv review that I could find, with photos and more details on the phone:

Priv: Hands on with Blackberry's first Android phone - Android - derStandard.at ? Web

Preliminary conclusion:

Will Blackberry make a comeback as a relevant player on the smartphone market? Probably not. The company has failed to get a hold of the mass market with BB OS 10. And the Android-powered Priv is tailored to a specific market segment rather than meant to attract a broad audience.

And this segment are business users who will profit from the keyboard and probably are already part of Blackberry's ecosystem. They can now access the services they're used to while having much more apps at their disposal in Google's Play Store.

If Blackberry wishes to appeal to other consumers, the Priv will have to enter the market at a low price point. Which is something that, most likely, is not going to happen
    10-11-15 04:13 AM
    Wow thanks for sharing!
    Attachment 375363
    Attachment 375364
    Attachment 375365
    Attachment 375366
    Attachment 375367
    Attachment 375368
    Attachment 375369

Beauty!
    Last edited by usman_hidayat19; 10-11-15 at 06:03 AM.
    10-11-15 04:17 AM
    Thanks for sharing!
    The review says early 2016?! release date....
    10-11-15 04:32 AM
    "...expected to launch early 2016."

Awww...

*C5303
    10-11-15 04:35 AM
    If they miss the launch before holidays, better in November, they lose the game!
    lift, CDot40, vpblaze and 1 others like this.
    10-11-15 04:46 AM
    Well... I could have written this review based on the details already out there... I do not see any new information! Hub? Other BlackBerry software?

Not saying the author made it up, but this is far to be an hands-on review

Posted via CB10
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    10-11-15 04:54 AM
    Well... I could have written this review based on the details already out there... I do not see any new information! Hub? Other BlackBerry software?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah looks like they didn't allow to talk about hub
    10-11-15 04:56 AM
    Wow thanks for sharing!
    That's official???

Suprise for lay people.
    Last edited by ZF_23; 10-11-15 at 06:33 AM.
    C0BRA88 likes this.
    10-11-15 04:58 AM
    BlackBerry website says coming this fall. So thats not early 2016

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    When was the last time BlackBerry deliver something on time ?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:02 AM
    Its a European review so the date probably refers to its launch in Europe..

My god you're harsh. The review gives you an impression of the camera, the signal quality, the battery, the handling, the speed of the device etc. so I'd say its definitely worth looking at. The review has been made by a "regular" newspaper so not a tech portal, I don't know what you're expecting at this point.
    Last edited by paul360; 10-11-15 at 05:14 AM.
    MO3iusONE and Thunderbuck like this.
    10-11-15 05:03 AM
    So apparently, the middle button serves as the hub shortcut..?

BlackBerry Priv� a mobile PRIVilege for your PRIVacy
    10-11-15 05:04 AM
    Except they gave us no information we didn't already have.

This wasn't a review, I do not believe they have the device for a second.

Posted via CB10
    z3user likes this.
    10-11-15 05:53 AM
    Its a European review so the date probably refers to its launch in Europe..

My god you're harsh. The review gives you an impression of the camera, the signal quality, the battery, the handling, the speed of the device etc. so I'd say its definitely worth looking at. The review has been made by a "regular" newspaper so not a tech portal, I don't know what you're expecting at this point.
    Maybe he's a disgruntled BB10 fanboy. Quite a number of them out there trying in vain to discredit the Priv.

*C5303
    dejanh and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    10-11-15 05:56 AM
    He did start off saying take a pinch of salt as it's not final.

The first look is "fair", in a sense that an average person picking up the phone and looking at it, i.e. doesn't care about the hub, didn't look at keyboard, and not knowing about the phone. And definitely more used to consumer devices when he thinks "rubbery" means cheap. Clearly never handled a ThinkPad before.

I would reserve judgment until official info gets sent out so the unique features gets tested out, article didn't even mention the touch sensitive keyboard which was shown in Baka's leak.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10-11-15 at 08:31 AM.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-11-15 06:11 AM
    Except they gave us no information we didn't already have.

This wasn't a review, I do not believe they have the device for a second.
    You did see the photos he took with the device at the end of the review right?
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-11-15 06:15 AM
    It might also be worth mentioning the source, "Der Standard", is just a daily newspaper, not a tech magazine or blog about mobile phones.
    So this is more a pretty casual preview than anything else. You could tell by the way he expresses some of his statements. His words about the keyboard seem to be pretty typical for a modern virtual keyboard-only user.

He also didn't mention anything special about the Priv's virtual keyboard. He only stated it was adjusted cosmetically, yet misses special features like swiping the words. Which is odd since it is more less known that floating word prediction we know from BB10 has been carried over to Android.
    Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:18 AM
    Maybe he's a disgruntled BB10 fanboy. Quite a number of them out there trying in vain to discredit the Priv.

*C5303
    Lol definitely NOT a fanboy, I will most likely get the Priv.. I was just reiterate the concept that this review did not add anything new to what we already know.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:22 AM
    Wow awesome.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:25 AM
    No one seems to talk about the HUB, like it's not there on the pre-production units.

Posted via CB10
    nwansukka likes this.
    10-11-15 06:26 AM
    All these reviews are fine, but unless Blackberry can release the Priv in a timely manner and at a price that will attract both the consumer and corporate clients, they will be right back to square one. I have been buying Blackberry device since the early days and the "coming soon" being posted on the website don't cut it anymore, we need a dam official release date like all their competition already has???
    10-11-15 06:26 AM
    Dang... you beat me to it....

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:40 AM
    How did you find the BlackBerry Hub working?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:46 AM
    I've been following BlackBerry long enough to strongly suspect that Priv has been delayed.

Before you all say "it can't be delayed because BlackBerry hasn't announced a date yet," what I mean is that it has been delayed internally. In other words, BlackBerry projected an announcement and release date would be public by now.

All these leaks and Chen nervously sputtering his mouth off is how BlackBerry behaves when it wants to make you think that all is well.

It is sad because like most things BlackBerry, there are some great ideas but many of them will be poorly executed or shelved.

Why with all these "leaks" has no one bothered to showcase the main feature of the device, the one that distinguishes it from the other Android phones out there? Of course, I mean the Hub? This resulted in Chen showing the device but choosing to open Chrome?

I hope I am wrong but I am starting to feel like we are watching another, maybe the final, BlackBerry car wreck slowly unfold.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard and AnimalPak200 like this.
    10-11-15 06:50 AM
    Here is an article from Indian newspaper :

http://m.hindustantimes.com/brunch/b...WHNmKBBhL.html

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 07:06 AM
284 123 ...