Hello all

I'm a lucky and happy owner of the BlackBerry PRIV! First I was rocking BlackBerry 10 like most of you, however there was some features that I was horrified to loose such as the ability to set up any sound notification and led color notification as I want and this per application. I ran many topics over here but they mostly say that app led and sound have to be set from each application! The problem is that some apps don't allow to customize the notification sounds or led at all! So I continued to search into the Android play store until tod I discover that the app named "light flow" premium ver allows to set up the led color notification per app and sound notification as well! You can even set the tempo, this is huge! Then I imported all my BlackBerry mp3 notifications and all the legacy ones

Ps: all applications are not supported but tons of known apps are supported, you can download the lite version and check all supported apps, this app cost abt Eur2 buttt it worth it #Bebuzz like

Greetings from France ✋✋
    Attached Thumbnails Finally found how to set PRIV Led & Sound Notification per App like on BlackBerry 10-1455373874747.jpg   Finally found how to set PRIV Led & Sound Notification per App like on BlackBerry 10-1455373886164.jpg   Finally found how to set PRIV Led & Sound Notification per App like on BlackBerry 10-1455373897494.jpg  
    Last edited by presean; 02-13-16 at 10:52 AM.
    ruhban, FF22 and david7saad like this.
    02-13-16 08:38 AM
    way to go.
    02-13-16 08:53 AM
    How did you get the legacy sounds?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-13-16 02:53 PM
    How did you get the legacy sounds?

You can find them easily on the forum
    02-13-16 04:24 PM
    You can also try bbRingtones

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ft.bbmringtone

Custom individual ringtone and led for bbm, whatsup and hangout.

For all other apps you can set ringtone and led.

You can also set repeats.

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze and david7saad like this.
    02-13-16 04:31 PM
    You can also try bbRingtones

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ft.bbmringtone

Custom individual ringtone and led for bbm, whatsup and hangout.

For all other apps you can set ringtone and led.

You can also set repeats.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome thanks for this! Is all the apps available!
    02-13-16 09:24 PM
    Question: If you have several email accounts within the Hub, can you turn sound off for some, but leave others on with this app? I haven't found a way to have some accounts give sound and others not. Really the only notification issue I have.
    02-13-16 09:53 PM
    Question: If you have several email accounts within the Hub, can you turn sound off for some, but leave others on with this app? I haven't found a way to have some accounts give sound and others not. Really the only notification issue I have.
    Err... I am not entirely sure why you would need an APP (this or any other) to do this.

Go to the Hub. Top Left corner. Tap on the 3 lines. Scroll to Settings. Scroll to the account you want to change the notifications for. Scroll to Notification Settings section. Tap on Notification Sound. Select None. (you can also change the Colour of LED or Vibration if you want).

The same process to be repeated for each individual email account in the hub.

I ... honestly don't know WHY there is a need for the APP.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 02-14-16 at 03:12 AM.
    Lalabum likes this.
    02-13-16 10:15 PM
    The only one can't set individual notification is Blackberry Task.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 03:04 AM
    You can find them easily on the forum
    thanks . very useful information for me as well.
    02-14-16 09:51 AM
    I don't see a link to the suggested app. Here's the general search which shows three versions:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=light%20flow
    02-14-16 10:30 AM
    I don't see a link to the suggested app. Here's the general search which shows three versions:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=light%20flow
    Download the lite version (free) then upgrade to premium (full) from it!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-14-16 10:47 AM
    Err... I am not entirely sure why you would need an APP (this or any other) to do this.

Go to the Hub. Top Left corner. Tap on the 3 lines. Scroll to Settings. Scroll to the account you want to change the notifications for. Scroll to Notification Settings section. Tap on Notification Sound. Select None. (you can also change the Colour of LED or Vibration if you want).

Hi,

For me, on my Z10, the Blackberry built-in LED indications stop after a minute or two; there's no way to make them last longer than the short default time period. I bought BeBuzz 10 Pro to get LED flashes indefinitely, until I wanted to stop them.

If I leave my 'phone for 10 minutes, I can come back and still see the LED flashing without having to pick up the phone and check if there's anything I've missed. Without Bebuzz, or a similar application, I used to miss a lot of updates.

BeBuzz 10 Pro is a native Blackberry 10 application, too.

Regards

James
    02-14-16 10:57 AM
    Hi,

For me, on my Z10, the Blackberry built-in LED indications stop after a minute or two; there's no way to make them last longer than the short default time period. I bought BeBuzz 10 Pro to get LED flashes indefinitely, until I wanted to stop them.

If I leave my 'phone for 10 minutes, I can come back and still see the LED flashing without having to pick up the phone and check if there's anything I've missed. Without Bebuzz, or a similar application, I used to miss a lot of updates.

BeBuzz 10 Pro is a native Blackberry 10 application, too.

Regards

James
    On my PRIV the led flashes until I cleared the notification...
    02-14-16 11:06 AM
    Hi,

Yes, you can do this within the BB OS without having to buy or use a separate application.

However, if you do consider an application like Bebuzz 10 Pro, for example, this will allow you to set not only a sound for the alert of each email account, but a "reminder" sound too for each one, and which you could have play say, every 5 minutes after the initial sound alert, until you confirm / cancel it.

Additionally, an application will often allow you to flash the LED in patterns, such as red-red, red-blue-red from a range and so you could have three red flashes for an account you deem as needing an immediate response, two red flashes for a not-so important one, and one single red flash for an account that can be caught up with much later on.

Hope that helps

Regards

James
    02-14-16 11:07 AM
    On my PRIV the led flashes until I cleared the notification...
    Hi, and thanks for that.

Interesting to know and it puts another tick in my "reasons to upgrade to the PRIV" list . ;-)

Regards

James
    02-14-16 12:31 PM
    Hi, and thanks for that.

Interesting to know and it puts another tick in my "reasons to upgrade to the PRIV" list . ;-)

Regards

James
    Take that!
    02-14-16 01:27 PM
    Hi,

Yes, you can do this within the BB OS without having to buy or use a separate application.

However, if you do consider an application like Bebuzz 10 Pro, for example, this will allow you to set not only a sound for the alert of each email account, but a "reminder" sound too for each one, and which you could have play say, every 5 minutes after the initial sound alert, until you confirm / cancel it.

Additionally, an application will often allow you to flash the LED in patterns, such as red-red, red-blue-red from a range and so you could have three red flashes for an account you deem as needing an immediate response, two red flashes for a not-so important one, and one single red flash for an account that can be caught up with much later on.

Hope that helps

Regards

James
    I am using a Priv, not a BB OS device. I did have this set properly on my Z10.
    02-14-16 03:39 PM

I'm all about not using apps. I don't see None as an option within Hub Settings. I can go into each account and change LED, etc, but under "Notification sound", it immediately brings me to browse for a file. There isn't a "None" option. Could this be related to what is used for file management? I'm using Solid Explorer.
    02-14-16 03:45 PM
    I'm all about not using apps. I don't see None as an option within Hub Settings. I can go into each account and change LED, etc, but under "Notification sound", it immediately brings me to browse for a file. There isn't a "None" option. Could this be related to what is used for file management? I'm using Solid Explorer.
    It COULD be because of the file manager. If you were to opt to Complete Action with Media Storage, you should see the None option.

Screenshot:

Finally found how to set PRIV Led & Sound Notification per App like on BlackBerry 10-screenshot_2016-02-15-04-12-18.jpg

Finally found how to set PRIV Led & Sound Notification per App like on BlackBerry 10-screenshot_2016-02-15-04-12-28.jpg
    02-14-16 07:11 PM
    Hi again,

OK, try this... use a tool like the free "Audacity" in Windows to make a 1 second "silence" sound file. Copy it to your device, then choose this when setting the sound to give you a "silent" workaround.

I use the same method on a GPS SatNav device, where at times I don't want to hear voice directions, but just get speed and red-light camera warnings... on my ancient device it's either both, or nothing, and so a workaround is to create a voice with all 59 voice samples set as the same 1 second "silence" file.

The SatNav still plays them, but you don't hear them. Same method will probably work for you too.

Hope that helps

Regards

James

silence files.zip
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 02-15-16 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Added some silence audio files, in different formats for you to try / use.
    MrVeda likes this.
    02-15-16 01:06 AM
    It COULD be because of the file manager. If you were to opt to Complete Action with Media Storage, you should see the None option.

Screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-15-04-12-18.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	391354

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-15-04-12-28.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	391355
    Thanks for the screenshots. When I first set it up, I bet I picked Solid Explorer and Always, which is why it now defaults to that.
    02-15-16 07:35 AM
    Thanks for the screenshots. When I first set it up, I bet I picked Solid Explorer and Always, which is why it now defaults to that.
    I did the same and chose solid explorer to default. How do I undo that decision?
    03-10-16 07:42 AM
    I did the same and chose solid explorer to default. How do I undo that decision?
    Not sure but try this.
    Settings > Apps > Go To The Solid Explorer App. Scroll down and tap on Clear Defaults.

It MAY work.
    03-10-16 11:46 AM
    Not sure but try this.
    Settings > Apps > Go To The Solid Explorer App. Scroll down and tap on Clear Defaults.

It MAY work.
    It did! Thank you!

03-10-16 02:59 PM
30 12