For some strange reason the game FIFA 16 from EA is no longer available for my PRIV. I downloaded the game a couple of months ago from Google Play Store and was enjoying it on my spare times.

I had to use an autoloader and restore my PRIV to start from scratch due to a weird Hub issue (which is still not resolved, btw) and now the game is shown as not available on the Play Store.

Any workaround to this?

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    04-24-17 11:13 PM
    For some strange reason the game FIFA 16 from EA is no longer available for my PRIV. I downloaded the game a couple of months ago from Google Play Store and was enjoying it on my spare times.

I had to use an autoloader and restore my PRIV to start from scratch due to a weird Hub issue (which is still not resolved, btw) and now the game is shown as not available on the Play Store.

Any workaround to this?

I just found it - could it be a country restriction? I did not try installing it.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-25-17 12:46 AM
    I just found it - could it be a country restriction? I did not try installing it.
    Not sure really, as I had downloaded it around February and has been running fine. I wrote to EA and got an automated response (see attachment), but after going through their web page, I couldn't find a way to contact and inquire further.

It's unfortunate, as I had progressed through the game and it was really the only one I played on my spare time...

I'm thinking of installing the apk (http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/electronic-arts/fifa-16-ut), so once my PRIV restores again (after trying to fix the weird Hub issue, this will be the third time today) will report back.
    FIFA 16 no longer available for PRIV...-img_20170425_005116.png

04-25-17 12:57 AM
    Could be... I can't find it through the phone's Play Store, and when I go to its page here it says that it's incompatible:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifaworld&hl=en
    04-25-17 01:08 AM
    Could be... I can't find it through the phone's Play Store, and when I go to its page here it says that it's incompatible:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifaworld&hl=en
    Sounds like it. Both Priv and LG G4 list as incompatible.
    04-25-17 01:19 AM
    Sounds like it. Both Priv and LG G4 list as incompatible.
    Unless I found the wrong game, I started the install a few minutes ago and it looked like it was downloading and then canceled it as I did not really want it. USA, here.
    04-25-17 08:58 AM
    Unless I found the wrong game, I started the install a few minutes ago and it looked like it was downloading and then canceled it as I did not really want it. USA, here.
    It still not available for my PRIV in Mexico City, so it could be a location restriction, although it's odd as I downloaded it trouble free a few months ago.

Anyway, I got it running with the apk, it downloaded the additional files from EA's servers and works as before (got my progress back as it's synced with Facebook).

Curiously though, after installing from the apk, the app dissappeared completely from my apps on Google Play Store.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 01:56 PM
    Can you use In App Payments in your region? That'd be the only reason to restrict it by region, if that was added or more payment options for it were added and it wasn't supported in your region.
    04-25-17 02:49 PM
    Well I'm in Canada and it didn't work. I found the correct game and I think you did as well. Could be a temporary thing as they update the game.
    04-29-17 08:38 PM
    Can you use In App Payments in your region? That'd be the only reason to restrict it by region, if that was added or more payment options for it were added and it wasn't supported in your region.
    Licensing, Canada does support in app payments and even carrier billing as well.
    04-29-17 08:39 PM
    It's not available for my S8+, and I've never installed the thing.

As for why, I'm guessing that this is the reason: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...famobile&hl=en
    04-29-17 08:46 PM
    ...just give up on foot & follow baseball
    Last edited by patapoof; 04-30-17 at 12:18 AM.
    04-29-17 11:53 PM
    ...just give up on foot & follow baseball
    Attached Thumbnails FIFA 16 no longer available for PRIV...-tumblr_oo7w3wmjxv1qgsza6o1_250.gif  
    04-30-17 12:21 AM
    It's not available for my S8+, and I've never installed the thing.

As for why, I'm guessing that this is the reason: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...famobile&hl=en
    Yeah, it seems they're supporting this new game now. I might give it a shot, perhaps my progress will pass over (although I doubt it). Anyway, I got the other game working with an apk.

05-02-17 01:34 AM