been trying to read the lasted about the priv to decide if I'm going that way. heating issues, lag, locking up, just a few.
    are things getting better I ATT release an update if I get it will be t mobile any t mobile user experience the heat and other issues.
    02-03-16 07:23 PM
    Just buy it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-16 07:30 PM
    I have had one for less than a week. Had a Z10 since launch date.

Are there a few bugs, sure.

If you follow the advice here, you can alleviate most of what you are worried about.

Do I miss a few Z10 features? yes

After 4 days, would I entertain going back to the Z10? No way in h____ .

GO for it.

EDIT:

I have a TMO Priv. Did he research here first, followed the great input and advice from folks here. Updated BB apps in the store immediately, disabled "My TMo" app in the store immediately. No heating. No lagging that I can tell, no lockups. Am I an exception? Not believing it. Averaging 24hour battery life with same usage profile I was using on my Z10. NEVER got 24hours out of my Z.

Take this for what it's worth. GO ahead. Jum in the pool. You'll be fine and glad you did IMO.
    02-03-16 07:40 PM
    02-03-16 07:58 PM
    If your looking for a physical keyboard then the Priv is perfect don't listen to the doubters my priv runs great.
    c1ferret likes this.
    02-03-16 08:18 PM
    Priv is awesome. There isn't a phone built that doesn't have a forum full of bugs. I didn't like android and haven't used a pkb forever. Priv "version" of Android is not the hot mess I have used and I am digging the key board. I use the pkb 80 percent of the time. Great phone. Ps my battery life has always been good.

02-03-16 08:55 PM
    I recommend getting it. It is my first BlackBerry and I love it. I recommend getting direct from BlackBerry if updates matter to you so you don't have to deal with the carriers. This phone should only get better with 6.0.
    02-03-16 08:55 PM
    Gotta say that I've been "on the fence" myself...and, like christenmartin said in an earlier post, I've not been a fan of Android. But, I'm a fan of BlackBerry and will probably pick up a Priv when it drops to VZW.
    02-03-16 09:37 PM
    The naysayers either are jealous because of the cost, wearing blinders or did not have the patience to work the bugs out.

This is the best BlackBerry device to date and will only get better.

Get it now and enjoy the phone. The price is not going down.

BlackBerry PRIV w/9900 Classic backup
    daynebca likes this.
    02-03-16 10:22 PM
    been trying to read the lasted about the priv to decide if I'm going that way. heating issues, lag, locking up, just a few.
    are things getting better I ATT release an update if I get it will be t mobile any t mobile user experience the heat and other issues.
    Just get it and in 2 weeks you will be so glad you did,
    02-04-16 05:09 AM
    You're only reading the people that complain about it because most people that have The Priv aren't having issues and aren't posting up here...

It's an amazing phone and never mind the haters.

02-04-16 06:21 AM
    I was on the fence since I heard Priv would be Android but BB10 is probably dead and I see that. Time to move on.

Will be moving to a Priv From a BlackBerry Z30 later in year.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-04-16 06:57 AM
    I too am sitting on the fence and my recent trip to my local T-Mobile store did little to resolve my pause. Maybe it's me, but the store's demo device seemed to be more Android and less Blackberry oriented. At first look I was buried in Android apps and icons that meant nothing to me. I need a business tool, not a toy. All the business-oriented tools that I find useful (BB Hub, Cal., Mail, etc.) seemed to suddenly become secondary, and more difficult to find and operate as all the fun goodies such as cameras, photo, games, etc. (that I have extremely little use for) were most prominent. Sifting through the mound of Google stuff proved to be nothing less than frustrating. I liked having the ability to use either virtual or physical keyboards but very little of the UI was intuitive. I can honestly say that I've read my BB10 manual only once and that was to learn how to remove an app. Everything looked right and felt right out of the box. On the other hand, the Android/Google OS felt more bubble-gummy and will require much more effort to master.

My Z30 is a reliable workhorse that I would be replacing, and it's my office while I'm on the run. My first impression of the Priv strongly supports my theory that Android works well for my kids, but BB10 is best suited for professionals. I'll make a second run to my local T-Mobile store over the weekend or a second impression but there's still a lot of impressing to do.
    02-04-16 09:47 AM
    I too am sitting on the fence and my recent trip to my local T-Mobile store did little to resolve my pause. Maybe it's me, but the store's demo device seemed to be more Android and less Blackberry oriented. At first look I was buried in Android apps and icons that meant nothing to me. I need a business tool, not a toy. All the business-oriented tools that I find useful (BB Hub, Cal., Mail, etc.) seemed to suddenly become secondary, and more difficult to find an operate as all the fun goodies such as cameras, photo, games, etc. (that I have extremely little use for) were most prominent. Sifting through the mound of Google stuff proved to be nothing less than frustrating. Very little of the UI was intuitive. I can honestly say that I've read my BB10 manual only once and that was to learn how to remove an app. Everything looked right and felt right out of the box. On the other hand, the Android/Google OS will require much more effort and the UI felt more bubble-gummy.

My Z30 is the workhorse that I would be replacing, and it's my office while I'm on the run. My first impression of the Priv strongly supports my theory that Android works well for my kids, but BB10 is best suited for professionals. I'll make a second run to my local T-Mobile store over the weekend or a second impression. There's still a lot on impressing to do.
    Well, you're one of the very few out there who was comfy with BB10 "right out of the box", since most found it to be a rather intensive learning curve. Frankly, although I am a huge fan of BlackBerry, and although I tried virtually every BB10 device (Z10, Q10, Z30 & Classic)...I was never able to feel at home with the OS. But, that's just me...

I've never been a fan of Android because of some earlier devices I tried with earlier devices, and dismissed it as being laggy, slow and not anywhere nearly as polished an OS as iOS or even BB10. However, I'm open to the notion that evolution has marched forward, and that Android is better than ever...and I'm willing to give it another try, especially since it might facilitate me coming back to my old love...BlackBerry. Yes, Android is clearly more multi-media friendly than BB10, and the audience Chen is trying to capture is a younger one that might have been blind to the brand up until now because it percieved it as being "done".
    02-04-16 10:04 AM
    i'm on the fence too, take the plunge and let me know how it went
    02-04-16 10:05 AM
    I've had two privs since launch and they both run great. No issues at all. They've both got the leather flip case which is a nice addition.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    02-04-16 10:09 AM
    I'd personally wait for the price drop which should come soon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    phuoc likes this.
    02-04-16 12:22 PM
    I've never been a fan of Android because of some earlier devices I tried with earlier devices, and dismissed it as being laggy, slow and not anywhere nearly as polished an OS as iOS or even BB10. However, I'm open to the notion that evolution has marched forward, and that Android is better than ever...and I'm willing to give it another try, especially since it might facilitate me coming back to my old love...BlackBerry.
    This is where I am. I've been testing a Priv (T-Mobile) for about a week and am very impressed. Android has come a long long way and the Priv has some pretty powerful hardware, so I see very little of the Android lag. It still has some quirkiness that comes with Android and there are some improvements needed, but I love some of the old Blackberry flavor with the keyboard, hub, LED, and Blackberry apps. My biggest problem is that it is so big I worry about dropping it or banging it against something and it's too pricey not to care. I've ordered a flip case that may help me carry it easier.
    02-04-16 01:49 PM
    What's the average screen on time people are getting? And are you disabling all location services etc? Interested to see how the battery compares to the passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:25 AM
    I guess I am not a true BlackBerry brand loyalist. When it's BB10 I can buy in to it because it's different. Now when there are so many other Android options out there with much more reasonable prices and some with better feature set. It's not conving enough for me. Yeah Priv has some differentiating features like hub and keyboard and security, but it also miss things too. Is it enough to justify the price?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-05-16 11:51 AM
    I'd personally wait for the price drop which should come soon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    I'm betting on this too. Banking on 2-3 weeks when MWC is on.
    02-05-16 11:59 AM
    What's the average screen on time people are getting? And are you disabling all location services etc? Interested to see how the battery compares to the passport.

Posted via CB10
    I'm seeing about 4.5 hours of SOT over the course of 16 or so hours. I have location set to battery saving, and location history disabled.

02-05-16 12:23 PM
    I am of the same mind. My first phone was the blackberry 7610. I kept with BlackBerry until the 9700. I switched to Android at that time due too wanting video calls (which became mandatory with work and BlackBerry was late to that party) and wanting the flexibility of seemingly endless apps. I missed the keyboard even to this day and the Universal inbox and BBM. When I learned of the Priv I was very excited and begun research right away. My issue currently is I have the Note 5. Hardware and benchmark wise the Note 5 is better in everyway. My battery life is not an issue with the Note so battery size doesn't effect the choice. BBM is now available on every Android device so that's not an issue either.

What it boils down to is I would be purchasing this phone for the keyboard. At $700 I would have hoped the hardware would match the Note 5 which is in the same price point. The Priv seems internally little more then an LGG4 with a keyboard. That's well and good but a G4 is $400.

So am I missing something that the Priv offers to warrant the price tag, and is there really a reason to leave the current highest of the high end androids like the Note 5?
    02-05-16 12:28 PM
    Its not worth it. At 699 usd. And in some countries as high as 930 us$. U should get a better spec android for as little as 180usd with 3gb ram etc.

The hub is really slow and has only 30%of functionality compared to the bb10os. They will take at least one year to fix all the issues. I'd suggest you wait. The prices will also take a beating. And you may also have an option of buying other blackberry Androids that are supposed to be awesome with finger print sensors etc.

02-05-16 02:36 PM
    I say just wait for galaxy s7 it's a better phone

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 03:01 PM
38 12