So my Priv screen went totally black since last night (it was just lying on the table) but I can tell its still functional from all the vibration feedback and sound cues pressing buttons / taking screenshots I get (nothing is visible even in bootloader, and yes since I'm basically a blind man using this Priv I am now stuck in login screen).

Now I'm wondering if the wire thingee connecting the screen and motherboard is detached especially because I can hear noticeable sounds that seem to come from contacts inside the phone when I shake it (doesn't need to be rigorous), but I'm unsure if this is actually normal for the Priv so I would like to check with you guys first before I attempt in opening open the phone.

tl;dr Do you hear a sound that seem to come from loose little parts within when you gently shake your Priv?

Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated, thank you
    03-09-17 01:22 AM
    There is an audible click from the camera when you shake the device.

If you can turn on the camera, the click will go away for the duration that the camera is on.

It would be hard to imagine that the connector from the screen is disconnected though the phone is relatively simple to disassemble.
    03-09-17 01:46 AM
    There is an audible click from the camera when you shake the device.

If you can turn on the camera, the click will go away for the duration that the camera is on.

It would be hard to imagine that the connector from the screen is disconnected though the phone is relatively simple to disassemble.
    I agree its rare to imagine it happening, my main reason of the thought is because I had the phone dropped pretty hard last month but didn't notice any damage except some scratched corners. So that click from camera is a physical thing? Unfortunately turning on the camera is going to be a difficult task...
    03-09-17 02:32 AM
    Hello

I am also facing the same problem... there is a certain click.
    03-09-17 07:27 AM
    No clicks or rattles here
    03-09-17 08:44 AM
    No clicks or rattles with my Priv either and it has taken some serious drops landing on concrete and pavement.

Bob
    03-09-17 10:35 AM
    Have you tied a reboot? Several methods, but I always go straight to the 'simulated battery pull' - hold power button in for at least 32 seconds. Ignore any sounds, vibrations or what ever may pop up on screen.
    03-09-17 10:39 AM
    Don't shake your phone too hard unless you want to break the OIS from your camera (that's why it clicks there).

*disclaimer I don't have a Priv
    03-09-17 02:08 PM
    Unfortunately turning on the camera is going to be a difficult task...
    Double tapping the on/off button sends the Priv straight to camera mode (without access to saved images of course).
    03-10-17 03:41 PM
    Double tapping the on/off button sends the Priv straight to camera mode (without access to saved images of course).
    Woah! Thanks for that tip!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-11-17 12:20 PM
    Woah! Thanks for that tip!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Make sure you turn it on first. System settings, display.
    03-11-17 04:17 PM