Move to PRIV led me to seek a new player, and thusfar am running Player Pro.
    I recommend BlackPlayer as an alternative default app to replace Play Music... Simplistic in a wonderful way and very smooth running...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Norg likes this.
    05-07-16 08:47 PM
    I use RocketPlayer, try that out maybe.

As for tagging, give this guide a read: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-907323/
    Thanks. I tried rocket player, but not what I seek.

And I do use mp3 tag already, but only to remove all art (so more songs per gb! , but otherwise it can't really help me currently on speedy folder access - mostly for transfer - on my priv to my SD card.

05-07-16 08:53 PM
    ..But BB10's file manager took only 20ish seconds to access them... hence the purpose of my post here.

In OS10 file manager access you SD card first time and that's take time due to indexing and after that every time you open FM, it opens in glimpse. in Android every time is first time for FM. ASUS is my answer! Install it for a day or two and let ASUS FM index your files

Posted via Passport,
    05-07-16 08:54 PM
    In OS10 file manager access you SD card first time and that's take time due to indexing and after that every time you open FM, it opens in glimpse. in Android every time is first time for FM. ASUS is my answer! Install it for a day or two and let ASUS FM index your files

Posted via Passport,
    That's really good to know. Thank you. I've tried asus fm a few different times, and perhaps didn't stay with it long enough to see that ready access after indexing. I will give it a longer trial this time.

05-07-16 09:02 PM
    I recommend BlackPlayer as an alternative default app to replace Play Music... Simplistic in a wonderful way and very smooth running...

Thank you. I actually have black player also installed, but it has been a bit too glitchy in my experience, so am currently with player pro.

05-07-16 09:03 PM

Posted via Passport,

I installed Asus File Manager and, unfortunately, after 18 hours - with a few app closures and relaunches - it has yet to even load any of my music folder files. I'm skeptical it's even indexing, while on the surface it would appear to be by far the slowest and unworkable fm. I will give it another day to do its thing, but it sure does leave much to desired.

05-08-16 01:39 PM
    Thanks. I tried rocket player, but not what I seek.

And I do use mp3 tag already, but only to remove all art (so more songs per gb! , but otherwise it can't really help me currently on speedy folder access - mostly for transfer - on my priv to my SD card.

I guess we're opposites, I forcibly embed tags and album art into each .mp3 file.
    05-08-16 01:43 PM
    I guess we're opposites, I forcibly embed tags and album art into each .mp3 file.
    Possibly if and when there is 1 or 2 tb micro SD cards or some other endless similarly rooted storage capacity will I return to keeping album art, as otherwise, in the end, it means less music when THERE IS SO MUCH GOOD STUFF OUT THERE! ;P

05-08-16 01:49 PM
    24 000 songs ? What the ?? How much music do you listen do?

Any way . I use the app called file manager , it's from the xperia range and I love it.
    05-09-16 01:11 AM
    I installed Asus File Manager and, unfortunately, after 18 hours - with a few app closures and relaunches - it has yet to even load any of my music folder files. I'm skeptical it's even indexing, while on the surface it would appear to be by far the slowest and unworkable fm. I will give it another day to do its thing, but it sure does leave much to desired.

P.S. After 48 hours with Asus File Manager not being able to show the 24000 files in my music folder on my microSD card, I am uninstalling it until they update it to work and do so speedily.
    05-09-16 03:11 PM
    P.S. After 48 hours with Asus File Manager not being able to show the 24000 files in my music folder on my microSD card, I am uninstalling it until they update it to work and do so speedily.
    Maybe you have a sub par SD card!

05-10-16 01:58 PM
    Maybe you have a sub par SD card!

Nope. As I said, bb10 accessed it quickly.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-...184RoCr17w_wcB

05-10-16 02:12 PM
    Thanks for the heads up as thats really a great relief to know. Hopefully it will be as peppy as BB10 in speed...given with LP I can see traces of the tracks (but can't access them) already and much quicker than any android file manager app is promising.

So, got a Factory Unlocked Priv yesterday and updated it to MM, but I am not experiencing any progress with the native settings>storage directory.

After navigating to the music folder on my sd card (which holds 24500 music files), when I click on the folder it then shows a blank screen (as if it is going to at some point display the files), but after about 10 seconds it closes and reverts back to the sd card directory of folders. Repeats at every attempt. It will however display files in other sd card folders, i.e. folders with less than 3000 files.

So, it doesn't look like the native storage directory - or any other android file manager out there, for that matter - are built like BB10's file manager and can display large folders in less than 3 minutes or at all. That's my findings thusfar and, well, its kind of surprising and regrettable.
    05-13-16 09:43 PM
    So, got a Factory Unlocked Priv yesterday and updated it to MM, but I am not experiencing any progress with the native settings>storage directory.

After navigating to the music folder on my sd card (which holds 24500 music files), when I click on the folder it then shows a blank screen (as if it is going to at some point display the files), but after about 10 seconds it closes and reverts back to the sd card directory of folders. Repeats at every attempt. It will however display files in other sd card folders, i.e. folders with less than 3000 files.

So, it doesn't look like the native storage directory - or any other android file manager out there, for that matter - are built like BB10's file manager and can display large folders in less than 3 minutes or at all. That's my findings thusfar and, well, its kind of surprising and regrettable.
    Are all the files individually in ONE folder? Or do you also have subfolders?

Maybe there is a max

05-13-16 11:08 PM
    Are all the files individually in ONE folder? Or do you also have subfolders?

Maybe there is a max

...as I said earlier in this thread, 24500 files in one folder with no sub-folders. More easy (for me, at least) to access/manage them directly that way... Yeah, weird that the native file manager (and one or two other fm's I tried) cannot even access, and just as weird that many others take so long. BB10 worked it!
    05-13-16 11:23 PM
    Hi Nathan, try put your sd card in other android phone if you have any? I suspect because of encryption on Priv by default slowing down file manager?
    05-14-16 12:36 AM
    Try ES file explorer, it's fast and packs lots of features even root explorer
    05-14-16 04:10 AM
42 12