So I was looking for a Qi charger, and came across this one:

Fast Wireless Charger - Pillow Qi (Max 2 Amp, 10 Watts power) ? Qi-Infinity

Says it uses QC 2.0 to help Qi charge faster?. Thoughts on this?
    02-08-16 12:20 PM
    Not very explanatory..

Fast Charging (Output 10W Max) for your Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge+ and other fast charging enabled phones. For fast charger operation you will need quick charge AC plug to supply enough power. It will not charge fast with regular AC adapter.
    Where does that plug go? Because it seems as though it would be connected to your phone, which would kinda defeat the purpose of even using Qi. Unless I'm simply overtired and missing something here.
    02-08-16 01:42 PM
    I'm not sure about the "for fast charger operation you will need quick charge AC plug to supply enough power" part, but it should be easily verifiable. Samsung has a fast wireless charger out. Does it require a QC charger too for fast wireless charging, or is a regular albeit high amperage charger enough?

But from what I recall, not all wireless charging phones are capable of fast wireless charging. It may just be those Samsung phones they list.
    02-08-16 01:44 PM
    Where does that plug go?
    I'm guessing it powers the wireless charger.
    02-08-16 01:45 PM
    It's my understanding that you will still be limited by what the coil/PSU in your phone. But having QC2.0 from wall to pad may limit any potential loss from there.
    02-08-16 01:53 PM
    It is very simple. For your fast charge wireless charger to work at its max speed you need to have it connected to a power adapter that is capable of QC 2.0; these adapters can supply 9V at 1.7A+ unlike normal power adapters which are only 5V at 2A. This is all given that your phone can actually take advantage of fast charge wirelessly. I don't think anyone has checked if the Priv is capable of fast charging wirelessly. Regardless I decided to buy a fast charge wireless pad and a qc 2.0 adapter anyway for futureproofing.
    02-08-16 02:01 PM
    I'm not sure about the "for fast charger operation you will need quick charge AC plug to supply enough power" part, but it should be easily verifiable. Samsung has a fast wireless charger out. Does it require a QC charger too for fast wireless charging, or is a regular albeit high amperage charger enough?

But from what I recall, not all wireless charging phones are capable of fast wireless charging. It may just be those Samsung phones they list.
    The only thing closest I saw direct from Qi is this:

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.c...cification.pdf

Can't find any info about fast capable phones on the WPC website.
    02-08-16 02:49 PM
    The only thing closest I saw direct from Qi is this:

http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.c...cification.pdf

Can't find any info about fast capable phones on the WPC website.
    Just checked Samsung's product page for their fast wireless charger. The manual (PDF link) on page 5 says "Use only Samsung-approved chargers that support fast charging (EP-TA20 series 9 V/1.67 A)."

Did a search for EP-TA20 and came up on this, which is a fast charging (QC 2.0?) charger.

So the seller in the OP may not be BSing: fast wireless charging really does require the (fast) wireless charger to have a QC charger.
    02-08-16 03:16 PM
    Just checked Samsung's product page for their fast wireless charger. The manual (PDF link) on page 5 says "Use only Samsung-approved chargers that support fast charging (EP-TA20 series 9 V/1.67 A)."

Did a search for EP-TA20 and came up on this, which is a fast charging (QC 2.0?) charger.

So the seller in the OP may not be BSing: fast wireless charging really does require the (fast) wireless charger to have a QC charger.
    Well it does look like a ratified standard. Unfortunately Amazon Canda doesn't carry the fast model, otherwise I would get one to try.
    02-08-16 03:23 PM
    I'd rather not get the samsung fast charger it's bulky and the charging light doesnt auto dim at night. I picked up this choe fast charger instead and have not regretted it at all. The auto dim charging indicator with the lights off feature is very convenient. The base of it is metal as well.

CHOE Circle QI Fast Charge Wireless Charger Pad on amazon.ca

I bought it along side with the aukey qc 2.0 charger
    Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 18W USB Turbo Wall Charger Fast Charger

It has been compared to the samsung fast charger by someone on the .com site
    CHOE Circle QI Fast Charge Wireless Charger Pad on amazon.com

Samsung fast wireless charger:
    PROS:
    - quality stuff, something you'd expect from a big manufacturer.
    - internal fan? not sure if this is a pro or con, but it helps to keep the charger a bit cooler

CONS:
    - you could probably hear the fan noise if put next to your bed at sleep times
    - expensive at $60-$70, depending on color and merchant.
    - only works with the Samsung adaptive fast wall charger, does not work with other qc 2.0 certified wall chargers.

Choetech fast wireless charger:
    PROS:
    - much smaller in overall size, I like it better than the bigger Samsung one.
    - no internal fan or vents. although this could be subjective, only time will tell if there would be a heating issue.
    - at only $35 compared to $60-$70.
    - works with all the qc 2.0 and Samsung adaptive fast wall chargers.

not really any cons for the choetech, it's cheaper and works just as well as the Samsung. it even works with all qc 2.0 wall chargers, and that's a big plus. so I really don't see a reason to buy the Samsung unless one is into the big brands.
    I find it ridiculous how the samsung fast charger only works with the samsung adapter whereas the choetech works with any qc2.0 adapter and the samsung one.
    pittster likes this.
    02-08-16 03:28 PM
    Well it does look like a ratified standard. Unfortunately Amazon Canda doesn't carry the fast model, otherwise I would get one to try.
    I don't think the Priv has that fast wireless charging ability. It seems to be just some Samsung phones.

Here is the fast wireless plate (or whatever you guys call it) on Amazon CA.

And then any QC 2.0 charger should work to power the plate?
    Last edited by raino; 02-08-16 at 03:51 PM. Reason: apparently not
    02-08-16 03:50 PM
    I'd rather not get the samsung fast charger it's bulky and the charging light doesnt auto dim at night. I picked up this choe fast charger instead and have not regretted it at all. The auto dim charging indicator with the lights off feature is very convenient. The base of it is metal as well.

CHOE Circle QI Fast Charge Wireless Charger Pad on amazon.ca
    Doesn't fast charge the Priv, right?
    02-08-16 03:52 PM
    Don't have a priv yet, so to be determined but I recall seeing another member here using a samsung fast charge and the estimated time to charge from 1% to 100% was about 1h30 stated on the battery screen.

Edit: found the post by jasonvan9 post #40
    Post showing wireless charging from 3% to 100% is estimated to be 1h38m with fast charge samsung wireless charger

So it seems like the priv does support fast charge through wireless from that post. Note 5 takes under 2 hours to charge from around 0% to full wirelessly through the samsung fast charge pad. Keep in mind the note 5 has a smaller battery at 3,020mAh compared to the priv's 3400~ mAh so it's surprising the priv charged faster but then again the OS could be wrong with the estimated time. So the question is did the priv actually take 1h38m to charge or was the estimated time way off? The tester in this article actually checked when it took the device to reach 100% and not just look at the estimation.
    Note 5 charge graph
    Last edited by StutterStep; 02-08-16 at 04:56 PM.
    02-08-16 04:40 PM
    OK so I did a bit more digging. Apparently all the random brand Qi chargers sold on Amazon and eBay are all produced by this company called PowerQI in China. They don't have a real website, but one provided by Alibaba:

Wireless Fast Charger, QC2.0 Qucik Charging Power Bank, Qi Certified Wireless Charger direct from China (Mainland)

This is the same one as the one from the original post:
    Qi compatible 10W Fast Wireless Charger transmitter compatible with Samsung galaxy Note5 and S6 edge+, View Qi compatible 10W Fast Wireless Charger transmitter , Powerqi Product Details from Shenzhen Powerqi Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

In the spec sheet it does take a 9V/1.8A adapter, which sounds like QC 2.0.

(PS: those guys are making a killing, FOB price for this charger is $0.99 each at 30 packs... group buy from China anyone?)
    02-08-16 07:42 PM
    The Priv will NOT quick-charge with these; I have one of the 3-coil ones and while it works fine as a wireless charger (in fact, very nice provided you place the phone at or slightly ABOVE the LED) it turns blue (standard Qi) and not green (fast Qi)

It also wants to be SLIGHTLY misaligned to the left of center to engage; once going it doesn't care. That implies that the Priv's coil is also slightly off-center (which I think it is); this isn't important on your desk but becomes so if you try to mount this on phone holder in your car (as I've done) -- check the positioning before you do something that is hard to move/remove!
    Last edited by tickerguy; 02-10-16 at 02:35 PM.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    02-10-16 01:41 PM
    03-24-16 08:09 PM