Anyone know what this is? Powered up my RMA replacement and got this.
    Attached Thumbnails Factory Mode-1472060795199.jpg  
    08-24-16 12:46 PM
    BlackBerry's incompetence.
    08-24-16 01:03 PM
    Ha! Maybe you can install bb10 on factory mode , Tony

J/k
    gizmo21 likes this.
    08-24-16 01:13 PM
    Ha! Maybe you can install bb10 on factory mode , Tony

J/k
    Why would I want to downgrade my device with that soot?
    artemis-kun and gizmo21 like this.
    08-24-16 01:15 PM
    Assuming this is totally different from demo mode. It would be cool if you could choose to flash it with whatever OS you desire. Weird, though. I'd be curious to have an answer to this question myself.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    08-24-16 01:18 PM
    Before you restart it, head over to XDA and ask if there's anything that can be gleaned from this. This mode could be useful.
    artemis-kun likes this.
    08-24-16 03:07 PM
    Hmm, that's a new one for me, too. Definitely agree with posting at xda about it. Usually, 'factory mode' on Android is akin to fastboot mode, though I've only ever seen it with Samsung devices. This could be extremely interesting, indeed.

Also, completely and totally off topic, but I have to ask, Tony, are you a marine mechanic by any chance? I ask because I worked for a marina a couple years ago, and I recognize that parts list in your picture :P
    08-24-16 03:17 PM
    Before you restart it, head over to XDA and ask if there's anything that can be gleaned from this. This mode could be useful.
    Argh... too late, forgot about that... I need to set this one up soon and return my defective one to BlackBerry before they charge me for it.
    08-24-16 03:42 PM
    Argh... too late, forgot about that... I need to set this one up soon and return my defective one to BlackBerry before they charge me for it.
    If it was me, I would arrange with BlackBerry to send it back.
    Obviously it didn't get the correct refurbishment process so I wouldn't trust it.
    08-24-16 03:50 PM
    If it was me, I would arrange with BlackBerry to send it back.
    Obviously it didn't get the correct refurbishment process so I wouldn't trust it.
    Here's the weird part. It doesn't look like a bootloader mode of some sort, but something within Android. The theme of the whole screen, and the wording. It "recommended" me to go back to normal mode to use the phone.
    08-24-16 03:58 PM
    Here's the weird part. It doesn't look like a bootloader mode of some sort, but something within Android. The theme of the whole screen, and the wording. It "recommended" me to go back to normal mode to use the phone.
    I still suspect that the phone didn't go through the correct refurb process and therefore I don't trust it.
    I'm not familiar with the process but that doesn't look right.
    08-24-16 04:56 PM
    Googling it tells me that Samsung devices have it, which puts a diagnostic device info overlay on top of the regular UI. Still, it's a moot point now.

Why would I want to downgrade my device with that soot?
    08-24-16 06:00 PM
    It's a diagnostic mode and in some phones then you can go into a test menu. Not sure what options you can access in PRIV. In your pic there is a back arrow, does that let you go in the regular homescreen?
    08-24-16 06:03 PM
    It's a diagnostic mode and in some phones then you can go into a test menu. Not sure what options you can access in PRIV. In your pic there is a back arrow, does that let you go in the regular homescreen?
    No, it goes into language selection just like a regular out of the box unit.
    08-24-16 07:30 PM
    Googling it tells me that Samsung devices have it, which puts a diagnostic device info overlay on top of the regular UI. Still, it's a moot point now.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...76/747/bf9.gif
    Needs more perfect loop.

08-24-16 07:37 PM