Hi,

I own the PRIV for quite a time and I am facing some issues in the last few weeks/months.
    I'd like to share them and I hope that someone can confirm them or tell me what to do to resolve them.

1. Virtual keyboard
    Sometimes my virtual keyboard disappears while I am typing! It's quite annoying, I am in the middle of a text and the keyboard just "pops" down.

2. Trusted places
    I spent quite a lot of time to figure this out but my trusted places seems to be broken. I have set up my home location (imported from google) and it worked for a very long time. Then there was update, I think it was about christman 2016, but I'm not sure. The trusted place is not working anymore. I tried disable/enable, reboot, add the place again with coordinates... Nothing seems to work. With the April update it worked again for 1-2 days, but since then it's broken again.

3. Calendar
    This is the most annoying "bug". It happened to me very often that I added an event to my calendar on the road. After some days I realized that the event is gone! It is not in my calendar and there were some important things. I checked if I use the correct calendar an the phone also showed "saved" after adding the event. My default calendar is from my Microsoft Account, the account is set up as Exchange/Active Sync.

4. Productivity Icons
    I think I've read this somewhere but the productivity slider on the right has a very poor behavior since the big design update. It's quite hard to pull it out and if it is opened and I switch to another app it opens itself again. It's also a lot more unclear than the old version but I assume it is what it is now, no way back for us.

At the moment I am planning to going away from the PRIV. Sure those things are not a big deal alone but in total it's awful, especially the issue with the clandar the the trusted places.

Thanks for your replys.
    04-28-17 07:31 AM
    1. Never seen it do that. Try clearing keyboard's cache, or all cache, in Settings. You could also delete keyboard app's data, but I guess you'd then lose words you added to dictionary etc. Though I guess even that would be a small price to pay for getting rid of an annoyance such as this. Stupid question, but are you sure you're not accidentally pressing back button while typing and actually turning it off yourself?
    Btw, are we talking about BB's virtual keyboard or a third party one?

2. Trusted places can be a bit unreliable, but that's Google's app so Priv or any other phone, it would be the same (I've found lots of topics around the internet about problems with it on other phones as well). Anyway, I had it stop working once, deleted the place, restarted, enabled, restarted the phone again and then it started working.
    One other thing could be that it's reading the location a bit off of your actual position. My apartment is on the side of the building opposite to the street where my address is and without GPS, which can't get a location indoors, it has to rely on cell tower location which reads as just a bit beyond that circle you see when you're setting trusted location up. Once I set the location manually a bit further from my actual location and closer to that cell location, it went from working 75% of time to 100%.
    Hope this makes sense.

3. There's nothing stopping you from using another Calendar app if BB's giving you troubles. Google's or any other...

4. Well, if you go away from Priv, you won't have Productivity tab at all, so you can just as well turn it off and solve the problem. I have it off as I realized I never remember to use it so can't help you much with this.
    Wezard likes this.
    04-28-17 07:59 AM
    As for calendar, the sole thing was a glitch where editing one in a series didn't stick so I put on Google calendar app at that time to overcome that... then, allegedly, that was fixed... so, would there be any reason not to remove Google calendar app now? I sync my contacts & calendar to Google account.

As for the VKB dropping, I too have that and they better fix that quick...

As for the Productivity Tab, horrible update... needs fixed quickly... suggest toggle to legacy tab layout, sheesh...

Some pitiful software company ! at least give the beta to the sweeper to try since the customers are henceforth designated as useless for that... Laughingstock !!
    Last edited by patapoof; 04-29-17 at 06:30 AM.
    04-28-17 09:42 AM
    Hi,

thanks for your replys.

1. It's good to see that there are other people who experienced the same. At first I also assumed that I pressed the back button. But the more often it happened the more I was convinced that there seems to be a bug or some sort of thing. I wanted to delete my keyboard settings anyway, I have too many corrections that are not correct.

2. I can't delete my home setting, it would delete my google home location too. I added a new location with the same coordinates yesterday, still no luck. When I open the "smart lock" settings it shows me anytime "what is smart lock" as if I would open this setting for the first time. It seems that the whole "smart lock" feature disables itself until I reopen the setting.
    The "off location" doesn't fit for me. I live in a small house, my couch is straight above my door on the 1st floor.
    I think I'll try to use a bluetooth device at home to work with smart lock. It's a little bit inconvenient but as long as it works.....

3. Hm. Good idea. Never seen that possibility. I'll try it out.

4. Yeah, I disabled it now too. But that's not a solution for my anyway, "disable it or use another app if it's buggy". Don't get me wrong, it's obviously not your fault.

Thanks
    04-29-17 03:41 AM
    Hi,

I have some news to points 2 and 3.

It's working again! The problem was that I also used the on-body detection. Once I turned this off it's working now. It seems that the check in android is not correct, it first checks if I carry the device and if not, if asks for my password, regardless if I'm at a trusted place.

I came across this cause by accident. I see 2 calendars on my priv, but there is only 1 in my exchange account. Both have the same name, but only one of them is showing in Outlook or online. Sometimes my events on the priv go to the one calendar and sometimes to the other. That's why now every event is showing in Outlook. I have no solution or explanation yet but I'm going to investigate further.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-11-17 01:59 AM