Hi! I keep getting a FB notification on my Priv that I don't have latest version. I'm hesitant to update as the reviews in appstore for it are not positive.

Whatever version I have now is working fine for me (@ least as far as I can tell ;-) ).

Should I risk the update and possibly make it 'worse'?

I really don't have time to play + tweak with FB @ this time, but need to be able to send + receive via FB messenger that appear in the Hub.

Guess I'll go by majority of replies. Please and thank you all!

Ps I know I will eventually have to update, just need to wait a few weeks!

@)--)---

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    06-25-16 07:59 AM
    No one cares. Just delete the app and use the Web browser version

Posted via the Priv for Android
    06-25-16 08:42 AM
    I haven't had any problems with Facebook on the Priv. I would say, go for it. A lot of the reviews are from people with devices other than Priv, so that too could make a difference. Besides, there are lots of people out there that seem to want apps to work perfectly all the time. The truth is, every app in the app store is a work in progress, and always will be. No app is ever going to be perfect. Ever!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-25-16 08:48 AM
    FB updates its app every 2 weeks on Android and iOS.
    06-25-16 10:21 AM
    "If it isn't broke..."
    06-25-16 10:23 AM
    If you like being spied on, have the Facebook and/or Messenger apps on your phone.

As a convenient side effect you'll also experienced grossly increased memory consumption, much worse performance and crappier battery life -- all by a lot.
    06-25-16 11:02 AM
    I recommend Metal, as opposed to the Facebook app. Doesn't suck the life from your battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 11:44 AM
    Use swipe for facebook

Posted via Priv
    06-25-16 12:38 PM
    I personally use swipe it's lighter

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-25-16 02:38 PM
    I deleted the Facebook app the day after it used 4.5GB of data overnight. I only found that after I had a WiFi issue and the phone wasn't connected. After I deleted it I noticed battery life improvement and the phone locked up and lagged much less. FB even sucks down the battery on my iPhone too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my PRIV running Marshmallow on AT&T
    06-26-16 08:01 AM
    I deleted the Facebook app the day after it used 4.5GB of data overnight. I only found that after I had a WiFi issue and the phone wasn't connected. After I deleted it I noticed battery life improvement and the phone locked up and lagged much less. FB even sucks down the battery on my iPhone too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my PRIV running Marshmallow on AT&T
    I don't find this issue at all. I keep Facebook open on my Priv all day, and it barely uses any battery.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-26-16 10:50 AM