So, OP, you've been given a bunch of great suggestions here. What I would do if I were you is talk to the mom and find out what she is comfortable using (i.e., some people don't like Facebook, others don't trust Google, etc). Then go from there.
    Thanks. Getting my sister to do anything other than what she wants, uses, etc. -- is like trying to move the earth off its axis, LOL.

I am going to offer Google Duo and whatsapp...as it's better to offer her two options, LOL. Thanks again!
    john_v likes this.
    01-03-17 10:25 AM
    Another advocate for Duo. That app is made to do one thing and one thing only, video chat. Only negative thing is it is tied to a phone number, so there is no tablet or desktop app. My family says the ios app works great a well.
    Got it...thanks. Yes, I was only looking at "phone" options, not a tablet or laptop type of situation. The older kids use their iPhones to Face Time with their dad, friends, etc.; and the little one uses her mom's phone to Face Time with everyone! LOL. Thanks again.
    john_v likes this.
    01-03-17 10:27 AM
    You can use bbm or whatsapp for video calling. Facetime is an iPhone app it's not gonna work on any android devices or something else.
    The best would be whatsapp and it can be downloaded on iOS
    01-03-17 11:12 AM
    BBM does have cross platform video calling and it really works well. I use it with my Co worker who has Samsung and my wife and kids who have iPhones. Much better video than Skype and BBM doesn't data mine.
    01-03-17 12:15 PM
    BBM is great for video calling too, and don't use phone number to log in.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 12:18 PM
    Got it...thanks. Yes, I was only looking at "phone" options, not a tablet or laptop type of situation. The older kids use their iPhones to Face Time with their dad, friends, etc.; and the little one uses her mom's phone to Face Time with everyone! LOL. Thanks again.
    Yeah my extended family is about 90% Apple now.... mostly due to Facetime and the find your friends apps. Those of us on Android are kinda left out sometimes.....
    01-03-17 03:02 PM
    Yeah my extended family is about 90% Apple now.... mostly due to Facetime and the find your friends apps. Those of us on Android are kinda left out sometimes.....
    But less so than on BB10!!!!
    01-03-17 07:16 PM
32 12