For some inexplicable reason my Priv got hot today and as the title says my first time ever. I also received the "Cooling Down" alert. I was a bit taken aback by this I must say.

In addition to this, my auto-correct and word prediction has been really wonky the past days. Both of these issues have occurred since the AT&T Security Patch update and the BlackBerry App updates received yesterday.

Is there a possible correlation to either one or both of these issues from the updates? Prior to this everything has been normal. I haven't experienced the heat issue again today but the auto-correct and word prediction being wonky is driving me freaking nuts. It comes up with words from I have no clue where... sometimes not even close to what I was typing.

Any thoughts?

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    Attached Thumbnails Experienced The Priv Heat Issue Today... First For me-81913.jpg  
    chain13 likes this.
    09-09-16 04:39 PM
    This is a common problem with all model versions of the PRIV. I've dealt with Blackberry PRIV support over this for months. They always respond with well you where doing this or doing that when it overheated. My response is it shouldn't get hot to where I can't touch the phone just watching YouTube videos or playing Flappy Bird. I gave up and just don't do much on my phone anymore. I just make calls , check Crackberry, or text. Anything else I just use my tablet.
    09-09-16 05:41 PM
    This was the first time I have ever experienced this and my phone was simply sitting on my console of my car. I wasn't using my Priv at the time this occurred which is the interesting part. Received the Cooling Down alert and I posted the screen shot of that.

All is good for now except for the typing issue. Auto-correct or word substitution is pulling words out of it's a**. Even if I type a word correctly it substitutes words that aren't even close... WTF???

Bob

09-09-16 06:06 PM
    My phone has never been too hot to use. The overheating issue has been essentially a non-problem for me. I hear about it constantly, but I'm not sure what everyone is getting on about, from my experience.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-16 06:47 PM
    I hadn't experienced this until today after having my Priv for 10 months. That's why I was wondering if there was any cause and effect from the updates this week. That and the freakin wonky typing... I'm getting really frustrated with auto-correct or word substitution whichever one it is doing this pulling words out of its *ss!!! Never dealt with this before in 10 months.

Bob

09-09-16 07:01 PM
    Let's not be too quick to dismiss Bob's question. I've experienced the same after yesterday's update. I've only had overheating once before -- due to a rogue app. Then yesterday. Like Bob, my device was just sitting on my desk, nothing particular running. It overheated, and the battery started draining far more quickly than usual. I've deleted a couple of newly installed apps to eliminate that as a possibility. We'll see...
    09-10-16 08:29 AM
    Sometimes a reboot helps with the overheating. It could be that something went wonky in the upgrade process. If the problem persists, I would suggest a reset.

I have a buddy that just since the update has experienced the phone freezing and then getting hot. We have 24 hour telephone support free for 1 year with the Priv. He called and they are working on his issue. I will post what they suggest.

Bit of a pain to reset because you have to set up your accounts and apps again, but if it clears up the problem, we'll worth it. I did it once when on Lollipop and it fixed my issue.
    09-10-16 08:34 AM
    I've already done all 3 variations of reboot/reset. No joy. I've done enough factory rests to know I don't have the time for it this weekend.
    09-10-16 08:52 AM
    Let's not be too quick to dismiss Bob's question. I've experienced the same after yesterday's update. I've only had overheating once before -- due to a rogue app. Then yesterday. Like Bob, my device was just sitting on my desk, nothing particular running. It overheated, and the battery started draining far more quickly than usual. I've deleted a couple of newly installed apps to eliminate that as a possibility. We'll see...
    No new Apps installed on my Priv other than the BlackBerry Apps. My Priv was just sitting there and I got the Cooling Down alert. I picked it up and it was hot!!! As I mentioned this was a first in 10 months. The only thing I installed was the AT&T Security Patch and the BlackBerry App updates that appeared this week.

I'm still trying too sort out the wonky word substitution issue. I've done the 32 second reboot a few times but not having any effect. Haven't experienced the heat issue again thankfully.

Bob

09-10-16 08:54 AM
    Agreed. New update has shot my battery life and gets hot with minimal use. Google background services have used 11% combined, compared to 7% screen. I'm considering factory reset.
    09-10-16 04:53 PM
    Well, rather than a factory reset, I decided to uninstall the Hub+ Services update and reinstall it. Huge difference. The battery is back to normal and no more overheating. Obviously I had a fudged update yesterday.

Before:
    Experienced The Priv Heat Issue Today... First For me-1.jpg

After:
    Experienced The Priv Heat Issue Today... First For me-2.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-16 05:06 PM
    Well, rather than a factory reset, I decided to uninstall the Hub+ Services update and reinstall it. Huge difference. The battery is back to normal and no more overheating. Obviously I had a fudged update yesterday.

Before:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	408143

After:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	408144
    How did you unistall it?

09-10-16 05:35 PM
    How did you unistall it?

Settings > Apps > BlackBerry Hub+ Services. Tap the 3-dot menu at top right and select "Uninstall Updates".
    09-10-16 05:53 PM
    I recently cleared my learned words because it was starting to remember a couple of typos. After doing so, it started auto correcting perfectly spelled words with something altogether different. Properly spelled, mind you, but not the word I wanted. Point being, I understand the annoyance, but figure it is only a matter of time before my habits are relearned.

As far as overheating, I only get the overheating on games that use a lot of RAM, such as Sims Freeplay. I have noticed when that happens, it must slow the camera down because my Priv will fail to save a screenshot, will in fact give the message that it is saving said screenshot, but it never occurs. I also tend to pull a bug report by accident when trying to obtain a screenshot (because I am running Beta), but I suppose that is operator error.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 10:20 PM