Hey Android and Priv users,

I'm exchanging my Priv in the next couple of days and need to make sure I wipe it clean (factory reset) before I drop off.

I'm new to Android so any pointers appreciated before I factory reset.

Some of my settings and apps include photo sync with Google drive, password required on reboot, several email accounts, two Google Play accounts, Password Keeper etc.

Will my current app data and apps be available on the new device, if not what should I do to ensure settings carry over to new device similar to iOS?

I want to make sure I return a clean phone and have an easy setup on the new phone so suggestions, tips appreciated.

Cheers!

P.S. returning because retailer wouldn't match promo from Shop BlackBerry with the free case and charger.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-09-16 12:57 AM
    Make sure you back up your data that you want to keep and ensure FRP is disabled - How to Factory Reset your BlackBerry Priv | CrackBerry.com

Similar to BlackBerry 10 and its Anti-theft protection, the process for the Priv includes additional security measures. For example, when you first setup your device, Factory Reset Protection (FRP), or Android Device Protection, is enabled by default when you activate your Google account to ensure it is not operated by anyone other than you, especially in cases of theft or when misplaced.

Now there is one caveat with regards to FRP protection. Before wiping the device, it is highly recommended removing or logging out of your Google accounts. The reason being is that you run the risk of either being locked out of your Google account or being prompted to re-enter the Google credentials used prior to resetting when the Setup Wizard runs upon reboot. For those who wish to sell or give their device to another user, this could prevent them from activating their own Google account.

01-09-16 02:34 AM