Which might be true given the very limited release of the phone so far. BlackBerry sells to carriers though, who buy in batches. So only phones sold directly to customers from BlackBerry or sold to customers from carriers would be counted, not all the devices carriers bought and haven't sold yet.
    I give up. will just wait for the next results.
    02-10-16 10:00 AM
    One thing the higher the sales the better for us and BlackBerry so promote this device to your friends and relatives!

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-10-16 10:49 AM
    Well laying off people certainly doesn't indicate many sales.
    This is quite unfortunate, but can't say I'm surprised.
    Unless you suggest they're near bankruptcy and have to cut jobs in emergency to save money (which does not fit well with their current share buy back program action - not at all TBH) it is IMHO only remotely linked (at best).
    We're still in the ignorance of what departments have been hit by these 200 (I repeat : 200, as in 5%, not 35%) layoffs.
    02-10-16 12:21 PM
    Unless you suggest they're near bankruptcy and have to cut jobs in emergency to save money (which does not fit well with their current share buy back program action - not at all TBH) it is IMHO only remotely linked (at best).
    We're still in the ignorance of what departments have been hit by these 200 (I repeat : 200, as in 5%, not 35%) layoffs.
    I thought they had ~6,000 employees? That's like only 3% then. Also, to add to your statements, coordinated mass layoffs are generally planned well in advance. It's not like Chen just decided the Priv wasn't doing well so he picked 200 out of his "firing" hat.

They're moving away from BB10. If they're not trying to expand their own OS anymore, they don't need as many people. Obviously, I don't know if it's the BB10 software department getting hit, but I would have to guess they can only migrate so many software engineers to Android when there's now less development that they're responsible for.
    02-10-16 01:09 PM
    I don't know if it's the BB10 software department getting hit, but I would have to guess they can only migrate so many software engineers to Android when there's now less development that they're responsible for.
    Neither do I.
    I believe there's also an overlap effect with all the recent acquisitions (Good, WatchDox to name the obvious) that are now fully "in house" in the Enterprise offering. We don't even know if those layoffs are from these newly "hired" people or previous (core) BlackBerry employees ...

P.S: 5% is relative - as in the reference article the 35% - to the # of employees in the locations mentioned (+/- 1K people)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-11-16 at 05:27 AM. Reason: lol not sure where I found AtHoc ... sorry, WatchDox, obviously !
    jm1219 likes this.
    02-10-16 03:05 PM
    You say this like it's a good thing.

Even if BlackBerry did sell 125,000 Privs which I'm not saying they did or didn't I'm not sure, but that really isn't that many.

I believe Chen said he needed to sell 10 million devices this year if I am correct.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-10-16 03:37 PM
    I believe it's 5 million.

Posted via my Priv, Z30, or Q5!
    00stryder likes this.
    02-10-16 04:02 PM
    One thing the higher the sales the better for us and BlackBerry so promote this device to your friends and relatives!

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious... promote a dead OS device or a new but unpopular device to my friends and relatives?? I think not...
    02-10-16 04:04 PM
    The Priv according to many accounts is one of the best phones out there... so yes it is worthy to promote imho. It is not so negative as the "poof" suggests.

Yes I would not promote BB10 without a caveat that it will see little development at least in the foreseeable future and probably EOL in a couple of years... if not sooner?

 Passport SE 
    Paraliotis3 likes this.
    02-10-16 04:27 PM
    The Priv according to many accounts is one of the best phones out there... so yes it is worthy to promote imho. It is not so negative as the "poof" suggests.

Yes I would not promote BB10 without a caveat that it will see little development at least in the foreseeable future and probably EOL in a couple of years... if not sooner?

 Passport SE 
    To be fair, I have a Passport which I find to be a good device... I haven't seen a priv... this week I tried to look at Priv in our local ATT store, but the manage said he sent back the one they had since it didn't sell. The crippled hub, the missing capacitive pinch&zoom, the poor front camera, and reports of creaks & such make me wary... BlackBerry being so customer unfriendly is not a plus....
    Last edited by patapoof; 02-10-16 at 05:48 PM.
    02-10-16 05:29 PM
    To be fair, I have a Passport which I find t be a good device... I hav n seen a priv... this week I tried to look at Priv in our local ATT store, but the manage said he sent back the one they had since it didn't sell. The crippled hub, the missing capacitive pinch&zoom, the poor front camera, and reports of creaks & such make me wary... BlackBerry being so customer unfriendly is not a plus....
    That's the nature of the beast. There isn't anything that doesn't have negative reviews; looking back on CrackBerry's history it's astonishing there's any fans whatsoever,what with the negative reviews of every device in on this site. And yet, here we are.
    Superfly_FR and Paraliotis3 like this.
    02-10-16 05:39 PM
    That's the nature of the beast. There isn't anything that doesn't have negative reviews; looking back on CrackBerry's history it's astonishing there's any fans whatsoever,what with the negative reviews of every device in on this site. And yet, here we are.
    BlackBerry would do well to be grateful for critiques... but they are not...
    02-10-16 05:49 PM
    To be fair, I have a Passport which I find to be a good device... I haven't seen a priv... this week I tried to look at Priv in our local ATT store, but the manage said he sent back the one they had since it didn't sell. The crippled hub, the missing capacitive pinch&zoom, the poor front camera, and reports of creaks & such make me wary... BlackBerry being so customer unfriendly is not a plus....
    I've almost made it my side-job to read and watch Priv reviews and at this point I've come to the conclusion that anyone who buys a Priv will be happy with the purchase. On average, most reviewers and users have good things to say and you will find some negatives regardless of the phone you buy.

These forums are kind of hurting the Priv's perception within the CrackBerry community because it's a bunch of complaints, but I know for a fact that there are way more people out there walking around with a Priv and not once logging into CrackBerry to post about how happy they are about it. In fact, out of every single person I personally know, not a single one even finds message boards relevant anymore. It's just a niche thing now.

If you are a BB user and you're interested in changing your phone, I think you should just ignore the nonsense on these fourms and try out a Priv.
    crackhd999 likes this.
    02-10-16 05:58 PM
    As I have read this thread today, I have use scrolling & pinch&zoom realizing in the process how much I would miss the latter... that said, I will only consider the Priv if pinch&zoom in implemented. In all fairness, it was only put up for the Passport after a while...
    Last edited by patapoof; 02-14-16 at 01:30 PM.
    02-10-16 06:06 PM
    Woohoo way to go Blackberry!!!

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    02-10-16 06:11 PM
    Are you serious... promote a dead OS device or a new but unpopular device to my friends and relatives?? I think not...
    Which platform is dead bro????? ha??? android I dont think so Faster dead is WP , BB 10 , were talking about priv consentrate !!!
    If its unpopular So why are you here???? HA?
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 02-14-16 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Skirting language filter
    02-14-16 12:59 PM
    These forums are kind of hurting the Priv's perception within the CrackBerry community because it's a bunch of complaints, but I know for a fact that there are way more people out there walking around with a Priv and not once logging into CrackBerry to post about how happy they are about it.If you are a BB user and you're interested in changing your phone, I think you should just ignore the nonsense on these fourms and try out a Priv.
    AGREED!!!
    I am a BB user 10, i dont complain I am happy that now i will have everything faster and with no searching the net and the forums to find an app a clear app not a trojan!
    When i will buy the priv i am pretty sure i want even download the crackberry app in my priv, but i will be happy with it ...
    i am coming from huawei and i know what Blackberry valuable devices are strong and well build!!!!!
    02-14-16 01:08 PM
    I am satisfied with the phone, my first BlackBerry device. I have had no build issues. It is functionally superior to iOS & Android. No amount of patching of the latter will overcome the latter's shortcomings IMHO.

However, I find BlackBerry company to be a joke or worse.

There is a wide divide between the sophistication of the device (Passport) & the company behavior & service what with deplorable sales experience (OG via digital-river), tech support via BlackBerry (mostly clueless), & defective updates & obscurity.

Were it not for the information I have gleaned from hours of reading on CB (NOT BlackBerry site), I would not have the kept phone still after almost 15mo of use.

To those who contribute useful knowledge here, I am grateful. To those who only snark or insult, not so much.

That said, I will keep this device until it can no longer be useful.

With things as they are, I will not buy from BlackBerry again. Since I seriously doubt any but a tiny number read CB before purchase of Priv etc., I doubt I will get sued over what I have said...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 01:40 PM
    you dont have to you are not loyal bb user , I dont care we all new 3 years ago bb was the same place ever worse , We bought Z10 or z30 after passports ... everyone knew that we probably buing something some years later maybe unusefull , cause the bb is done , ok Now they changed the strategy to android secure , ok then if we want blackberry to keep going we have to help them with the 5 milions or 6 of sales thats it . after that i dont know i dont care i will buy a new Priv i want to use this amazing pkb touch sensitive ....
    From the other hand come on bro you really did not know that they do not have service , no marketing no nothing???
    I agree to the point you bought something and now you have a problem if you dont everything rolls good if you do then you have a problem ...

I had this before with NOT blackberry but HUAWEI , Huawej after 1,5 year of use had continues restarts etc and was freezing but nothing there were no Service anywhere, except this I had no update at all think about it when i came to BB yes there were 3 updates every year , Huawei 3 years no updates at all .... and now this company is going up because of what?? quality? not really maybe because of cheep android devices look like i-****s!!! thats the people out there give them I phones and they dont care if its the worst!
    02-17-16 03:04 PM
119 ... 345