The ES Task Killer app seems to kill lift to wake. I have tried many times to restart the service but it does not work. I have tried starting and restarting the device. I have done a 32 second reboot. I have tried starting and restarting apps. I have tried clearing cache. Yet I am unsure as to which cache needs to be cleared in order to restart the service. I am unsure how to restart the service with out factory resetting and restoring the device. Maybe someone knows how to do restart the service without having to do that. Any help will be appreciated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-25-16 10:41 AM
    If you UNinstall the ES Task Killer, does that restore the 'lift to wake'?
    03-25-16 12:49 PM
    Android hasn't needed task killer apps since Gingerbread was around. The newer versions all handle memory a lot better and use an algorithm to automatically keep apps that you use more in memory and clear memory for new apps as needed. Using a task killer can throw off this algorithm and actually hurt your battery life. I suggest uninstalling ES Task Killer. Then, go to Settings > Display and toggle Lift-to-Wake off and on again. That should fix it for you.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-25-16 12:57 PM
    So. I uninstalled the task killer and did a 32 second reboot and toggled the lift to wake off and on. It worked. I have uninstalled all ES apps. I won't use those again. I think I will just use the file manager from Asus. Seems to work well. Thank you for the responses.

FF22 and ortrigger like this.
    03-25-16 01:49 PM
    The ES Task Killer app seems to kill lift to wake. I have tried many times to restart the service but it does not work. I have tried starting and restarting the device. I have done a 32 second reboot. I have tried starting and restarting apps. I have tried clearing cache. Yet I am unsure as to which cache needs to be cleared in order to restart the service. I am unsure how to restart the service with out factory resetting and restoring the device. Maybe someone knows how to do restart the service without having to do that. Any help will be appreciated.

Just dump the task killer. Absolutely unnecessary.
    03-25-16 02:01 PM
    So. I uninstalled the task killer and did a 32 second reboot and toggled the lift to wake off and on. It worked. I have uninstalled all ES apps. I won't use those again. I think I will just use the file manager from Asus. Seems to work well. Thank you for the responses.

Glad I was able to help.
    03-25-16 04:55 PM