Hi all,

I use a blackberry passport for a year now and I love the phone and the OS. When I heard that a blackberry slider would be available by the end of this year I was absolutely excited.

When the specs emerged I was not absolutely blown away. They were Ok but not outstanding (for example in comparison to the Lumia 950 XL or the Z5 Premium). The decision to use exclusively Android for the BB Priv was another fact I was also not too excited about. I used Android in the first Samsung Note 1, the OS was buggy and slow.

Anyway, when I read that the wireless charging was only offered for selected variants in America and Canada and not for the international Version I was really mad and chose not to buy the Priv.

I used wireless charging with my Lumia Phones and loved it. I was disappointed that it was not a feature of the Passport, but I also absolutely love physical Keyboards :-), so I bought the passport.

Not this time! If Blackberry produces a PRIV or a a similar device with BB OS 10 AND wireless charging I will be buying it in a heartbeat.

Some may think that wireless chargin is not an important Feature. Well, for me it is.

SO PLEASE BLACKBERRY: BUILD A BB 10 OS VERSION AND STOP THIS STUPID GAME WITH THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS WITH AND WITHOUT WIRELESS CHARGING!!
    11-08-15 04:16 PM
    Versions sold by BlackBerry direct have wireless charging in north America, but Canadian carrier versions dont.

Where are you located? Which variant is sold there?
    11-08-15 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the hint, but I live in Germany and as far as I know here you can only purchase QWERTZ variants without wireless charging...
    11-08-15 05:21 PM
    If you are going to slap a case on it you can use the usb qi pads behind the case. I have this for my passport. Not as fast if you ever need to use a usb connection but I find it does the trick.

Silly that they don't make it an upgrade option with a removable back. I guess they can't manufacture them thin enough with this or we would still see swap battery options.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:04 PM
    Hi all,

I use a blackberry passport for a year now and I love the phone and the OS. When I heard that a blackberry slider would be available by the end of this year I was absolutely excited.

When the specs emerged I was not absolutely blown away. They were Ok but not outstanding (for example in comparison to the Lumia 950 XL or the Z5 Premium). The decision to use exclusively Android for the BB Priv was another fact I was also not too excited about. I used Android in the first Samsung Note 1, the OS was buggy and slow.

Anyway, when I read that the wireless charging was only offered for selected variants in America and Canada and not for the international Version I was really mad and chose not to buy the Priv.

I used wireless charging with my Lumia Phones and loved it. I was disappointed that it was not a feature of the Passport, but I also absolutely love physical Keyboards :-), so I bought the passport.

Not this time! If Blackberry produces a PRIV or a a similar device with BB OS 10 AND wireless charging I will be buying it in a heartbeat.

Some may think that wireless chargin is not an important Feature. Well, for me it is.

SO PLEASE BLACKBERRY: BUILD A BB 10 OS VERSION AND STOP THIS STUPID GAME WITH THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS WITH AND WITHOUT WIRELESS CHARGING!!
    So you ok with the Passport no having the wireless charging cause it has the PKB but your not ok with the Priv,Which also has a PKB.... Ok
    11-08-15 06:21 PM
    Exactly! Also, why BlackBerry doesn't include quick charge capable charger out of the box is beyond my understanding ...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:14 AM