Is there a way to activate this on the priv?
    I want to be able to hit the enter button on pkb to send text message instead of on screen button?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-13-15 08:43 PM
    Only with a different app, at least until BlackBerry integrates SMS into the Hub.

Textra does this and is the best texting app I've found.
    11-13-15 08:45 PM
    Does it integrate into the hub? Or do I have to click on the icon to use it?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:51 PM
    Does it integrate into the hub? Or do I have to click on the icon to use it?

Posted via CB10
    Just installed Textra and it does integrate into the hub. Also, when I back out of a text I remain in the hub!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 08:15 AM
    Just installed Textra and it does integrate into the hub. Also, when I back out of a text I remain in the hub!

I tried to integrate Textra into the Hub, and I encountered three issues (none of which are show stoppers, but they annoyed me):

1. When clicking on a text, a Textra "pop up" appeared to view and respond. It did not load the actual app. This is either a good thing or not, depending on your point of view. What annoyed me was that in playing with all the Textra settings, I could not disable this.

2. When a new message comes in, the Hub does update, however, new messages are not marked as yellow "unread". They stay gray. So you don't know you have a new text unless you look to regular Android notifications.

3. When backing out of a text conversation (while in the actual Textra app, not the pop up), it first backs out to the Textra landing page with all your conversations. Another back press is required to return to Hub.

For these issues, I have chosen evolveSMS as my app of choice. It looks 1000x better than Google's horrible Messenger app and integrates into Hub better. Hub->SMS app->Hub transitions are 3x faster with evolveSMS vs. the junk Messenger app.

That said, Textra is without a doubt the absolute best SMS app made for Android. It is 100% reliable with MMS, somehow works when other fail. And is has press enter to send. For the life of me, I can't figure out why other apps don't have this!!!

But I use evolveSMS due to the best Hub integration I've found.

In the end though, BB badly needs to make their own SMS app with perfect Hub integration. Messages is horrible, and the integration is worse. This was a poor choice for a shortcut, and it's just not smooth.
    11-14-15 08:33 AM
    Good points. I also just found out with Textra that once you hit send, or enter, the message is done and you are sent back to the hub. Would like to stay in the message after hitting send if I am sending texts in point format.

11-14-15 09:56 AM
    Hi,

I was reading this thread and was also annoyed by the pop up messages that close once you enter a reply with textra.

I installed evolve SMS, but cannot for the life of me find the hit enter to send text option.

Can you please help!

Thanks
    Sarah
    03-09-16 10:10 AM
    Use Yaata. Seamless Hub integration and enter to send!

03-09-16 10:13 AM