Anyone over there fancy posting a review at midnight?!

Sorry... I get weirdly impatient around release time.
    11-05-15 07:10 AM
    No embargo is follow US time.
    Deckard79 likes this.
    11-05-15 07:17 AM
    No embargo is follow US time.
    Probably Eastern Time
    11-05-15 07:17 AM
    Probably Eastern Time
    Yup correct.
    11-05-15 07:19 AM
    So how many hours to go.. cant wait.. and moreover blackberry said priv not heading to india for now.. stay tuned.. damn BlackBerry first red passport and then SE passport and now priv.. I guess I will have to keep myself by reading reviews.

Posted via my awesome Passport
    11-05-15 07:22 AM
    So how many hours to go.. cant wait.. and moreover blackberry said priv not heading to india for now.. stay tuned.. damn BlackBerry first red passport and then SE passport and now priv.. I guess I will have to keep myself by reading reviews.

Well it's 8:23am eastern time here. So quite a few hours.
    11-05-15 07:23 AM
    So if Crackberry posts it midnight then its gonna be my good morning lol

11-05-15 07:27 AM
    There was a theory voiced on "This Week in Google" yesterday that BlackBerry was being stingy with Priv demo units and would give them to the fan sites first in order to generate positive reviews. We'll see tomorrow who the reviews come from. Ron Louks seems to be pretty savvy about how to generate positive buzz about products.
    11-05-15 07:30 AM
    There was a theory voiced on "This Week in Google" yesterday that BlackBerry was being stingy with Priv demo units and would give them to the fan sites first in order to generate positive reviews. We'll see tomorrow who the reviews come from. Ron Louks seems to be pretty savvy about how to generate positive buzz about products.
    Very interesting, and just a little worrying. Fewer people read those fan sites than the mainstream tech media, and we don't want mainstream tech media (who BlackBerry should be romancing just as heavily, if not more so) taking against the device from the get go if they've been forced to wait or buy their own.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:34 AM
    Very interesting, and just a little worrying. Fewer people read those fan sites than the mainstream tech media, and we don't want mainstream tech media (who BlackBerry should be romancing just as heavily, if not more so) taking against the device from the get go if they've been forced to wait or buy their own.

Posted via CB10
    There are plenty of comments being made by other tech sites and even unboxings. They do seem to have them, just not yet able to post reviews.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:46 AM
    We know that the mainstream reviews are going to say that the Priv isn't anything special unless you want a keyboard and is overpriced. Security and privacy is a claim that can't really be evaluated in a review. It's also likely the software hasn't been optimized to mainstream Android standards so there's that to consider.

I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry chooses to not be reviewed rather than to launch with that message, especially if they didn't ramp up for a big volume launch. Nobody is going to come out with a keyboard slider any time soon so the Priv will still be special six months from now.
    11-05-15 07:54 AM
    We know that the mainstream reviews are going to say that the Priv isn't anything special unless you want a keyboard and is overpriced. Security and privacy is a claim that can't really be evaluated in a review. It's also likely the software hasn't been optimized to mainstream Android standards so there's that to consider.

I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry chooses to not be reviewed rather than to launch with that message, especially if they didn't ramp up for a big volume launch. Nobody is going to come out with a keyboard slider any time soon so the Priv will still be special six months from now.
    if its a success im sure samsung will have their own version by march which will probably be better than the priv simply due to the fact that samsung has way more experience with android and has an unlimited source of money for r&d
    11-05-15 08:16 AM
    if its a success im sure samsung will have their own version by march which will probably be better than the priv simply due to the fact that samsung has way more experience with android and has an unlimited source of money for r&d
    This is so true and sad for BB. All those years of R&D on the best keyboard design will by copied in minutes and repackaged as "Samsung Galaxy Curvy S-board Special Edition" - but on the good side, it will have that horrible touchwiz skin ontop of it.
    11-05-15 08:25 AM