hi all
    my company sends all my jobs in a email as a pdf attachment ,when I try to open the email to see the pdf I get an error and most of the time hub closes on me anybody got any ideas ?...........I can open the same emails on all of my other blackberries
    03-21-16 01:00 PM
    Have you updated the BB apps on your device? Go to Google Play store>tap the three lines in top left hand side of screen to open menu>tap my apps and games to see if there are any apps that need to be updated. Perhaps your Hub app isn't the latest version
    03-21-16 01:15 PM
    ... Or just reboot your phone. Helped me.
    03-21-16 01:44 PM
    Agree with realpete.. when all else fails, try a 32 second power key press without releasing the button. It simulates a battery pull and should help with most sw related problems on the device.
    03-21-16 02:08 PM
    Go get Adobe Reader for PDF in PlayStore.
    03-21-16 02:27 PM
    Have you updated the BB apps on your device? Go to Google Play store>tap the three lines in top left hand side of screen to open menu>tap my apps and games to see if there are any apps that need to be updated. Perhaps your Hub app isn't the latest version
    yep all updated
    03-21-16 04:18 PM
    ... Or just reboot your phone. Helped me.
    not only rebooted but also have reset and reinstalled os
    03-21-16 04:19 PM
    Agree with realpete.. when all else fails, try a 32 second power key press without releasing the button. It simulates a battery pull and should help with most sw related problems on the device.
    have done that and also autoloaded
    03-21-16 04:20 PM
    Go get Adobe Reader for PDF in PlayStore.
    yea have that as well
    03-21-16 04:20 PM
    Does the size of the pdf matter? Exceptionally large? How do they create the pdf?
    03-21-16 05:03 PM
    Does the size of the pdf matter? Exceptionally large? How do they create the pdf?
    no these are only 200 to 400 kb big, they are just attached to the email .I can open them on laptop and everything from z10 to classic its just on the priv they wont open
    03-21-16 05:09 PM
    Have you tried SAVING and then opening them with a File Manager? Or does it terminate before you can try that?
    03-21-16 05:20 PM
    Have you tried SAVING and then opening them with a File Manager? Or does it terminate before you can try that?
    yea I cant do anything with it
    03-21-16 05:34 PM
    Have you tried sending yourself a few other pdf files?

When I first got the Priv, I tried emailing myself some html files. While the "file" arrived, it was actually a file whose contents were strictly a line of "error message" and not the real contents. Took me a while to figure that out. But thereafter I sent about half dozen photos, 3 or 4 pdf files, plain text files and one or two other items. The pdf files did make it across. One or two text files gave the same error message which I still find odd - no contents other than a message of an encoding error.

You could try contacting BB at their support number.
    03-21-16 06:44 PM
    Have you tried sending yourself a few other pdf files?

When I first got the Priv, I tried emailing myself some html files. While the "file" arrived, it was actually a file whose contents were strictly a line of "error message" and not the real contents. Took me a while to figure that out. But thereafter I sent about half dozen photos, 3 or 4 pdf files, plain text files and one or two other items. The pdf files did make it across. One or two text files gave the same error message which I still find odd - no contents other than a message of an encoding error.

You could try contacting BB at their support number.
    yea think ill have to give them a call as its a fault with the priv and not the email as I can open them from all other phones
    03-22-16 01:12 AM
    right a bit of an update,i have spoke to the office to find out how they do the emails and all they do is scan them into a printer and then email them to us now I cant see why that would stop the priv from been able to opening them up.if I go onto my laptop and forward the email to one of my other email accounts I can then open the email on my priv .......strange very strange
    03-22-16 05:33 AM
    right a bit of an update,i have spoke to the office to find out how they do the emails and all they do is scan them into a printer and then email them to us now I cant see why that would stop the priv from been able to opening them up.if I go onto my laptop and forward the email to one of my other email accounts I can then open the email on my priv .......strange very strange
    I have had a few issues with opening PDF and Word Docs. The few that would not open I needed to save the open in file manager. If you look to the right on the attachment do you see check mark? And next to the check mark the save icon? I find it can be tricky to select the save icon at times but it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-16 06:32 AM
    I have had a few issues with opening PDF and Word Docs. The few that would not open I needed to save the open in file manager. If you look to the right on the attachment do you see check mark? And next to the check mark the save icon? I find it can be tricky to select the save icon at times but it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    i have tried that in the past but even before i got a chance the hub would crash on me .ive just got off the phone with priv help line and they are looking into it
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-16 11:11 AM
    i have tried that in the past but even before i got a chance the hub would crash on me .ive just got off the phone with priv help line and they are looking into it
    Sorry is the error about the PDF not being able to open or the hub crashing? Could you post a screen cap?
    03-22-16 11:02 PM
    I've experienced this before with Outlook account ,have to using browser open my email and download the attachment there
    But I think the latest hub update fix this never happened again
    03-22-16 11:08 PM
    Another thought that worked for me was to open Acrobat Reader first and leave it open. Then try to open from the email. Also if you go to Settings > Application Manager then scroll to Adobe Reader, tap clear cache or clear data and try again. I've also seen where that cache data can become corrupted.
    03-22-16 11:29 PM
    Sorry is the error about the PDF not being able to open or the hub crashing? Could you post a screen cap?
    its both lol,i have spoke to someone on the priv help line and sent it ain a bug report .had a call back and was told that this issue is known about and that they are looking at getting a update done for it, if you would still like a screen shot I'm happy to upload one for you to see
    03-23-16 01:11 AM
    I've experienced this before with Outlook account ,have to using browser open my email and download the attachment there
    But I think the latest hub update fix this never happened again
    no still some faults with outlook ,a work around to get my pdf files to open is use the gmail app so will have to wait and see how things go
    03-23-16 01:15 AM
    its both lol,i have spoke to someone on the priv help line and sent it ain a bug report .had a call back and was told that this issue is known about and that they are looking at getting a update done for it, if you would still like a screen shot I'm happy to upload one for you to see
    I'm actually the product manager for the Hub, so definitely wouldn't mind if you could post a screen shot. Do you know who you spoke with in support?
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-23-16 02:28 PM
    email pdf wont open-screenshot_2016-03-22-15-46-20.jpg
    I'm actually the product manager for the Hub, so definitely wouldn't mind if you could post a screen shot. Do you know who you spoke with in support?
    yea no problem here you go

Sarah
    BlackBerry Technical Support
    ref:_00DA0JzH7._500F0qGwio:ref
    03-23-16 03:17 PM
46 12