I am moving from a samsung to the PRIV and quite happy so far. I like seeing email notifications, but I dont like sounds or vibrations everytime I get an email (I get a lot of emails). All I can see is an on/off switch for email notifications.

Also, when I put it in my pocket or holster, I often hit the volume button and it takes the phone either to silent or with sound. I would like to lock it to vibrate.

I would be grateful for any advice. If these are my biggest gripes, we are doing pretty well!
    02-10-16 03:32 PM
    Which app are you using for email? I went into Hub's, Gmail's, etc, own Settings and turned off vibrate. I couldn't turn off sound, though. Seems that has to be done in the main settings, but turns it off for all email, not just the ones I want off. Not sure if there's a way to change that.

For the screen, and volume controls, I set my screen to lock to the PIN when hitting the power button or when it times out. That way the volume keys don't respond if I accidentally hit them. Someone may have a better suggestion than me on that, though.
    02-10-16 04:06 PM
    I have the same issue. I can't turn off the sound notification on yahoo mail. Turning off on the works for the Hub but not yahoo mail?????

Brian

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-10-16 04:34 PM
    02-10-16 05:47 PM
    Go into the account settings for each email account and you can customize your notifications for each email account just the way you want them.
    02-10-16 08:35 PM