The battery life issues folks were seeing previously were due to the exact same problem I called out a few posts above - Hub just doing a MASSIVE amount of processing. CPU would be flat out, the device would heat up, and the battery would drop quickly. It was all invisible processing in the databases, so you wouldn't know it was going on necessarily. Turning that off really won't save you much of anything in normal circumstances and is just going to cause other issues.

The duplicate issue is entirely unrelated.
    OK will turn Gmail sync back on. Unnecessary with my Exchange account of course.

Curious, why is it better to have sync on for passive IMAP push accounts (Gmail)?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-15 09:34 AM
    I changed my sync setting to 5 minutes as suggested yesterday and my emails are showing in the HUB in a timely manner it appears. I'm not getting the number I generally would because of the holiday season but by all accounts things are improved.

Regarding higher battery use using a 5 minute sync I'm not noticing any change. I will continue set this way and monitor both email arrivals and battery consumption.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    12-24-15 09:38 AM
    I changed my sync setting to 5 minutes as suggested yesterday and my emails are showing in the HUB in a timely manner it appears. I'm not getting the number I generally would because of the holiday season but by all accounts things are improved.

Regarding higher battery use using a 5 minute sync I'm not noticing any change. I will continue set this way and monitor both email arrivals and battery consumption.

Bob

Cool! I've had no issue getting emails but will leave it at 5 mins.

12-24-15 09:45 AM
    I would think that the Push feature would prioritize, and likely use things that made Priority Hub useful on BB10.
    c_bryant may be alluding to the fact that Sync acts as a sweep for lesser priority items? Not sure, not trying to impose, but just thinking about how I would implement a Push feature.
    12-24-15 11:45 AM
    Dunno...not all of my emails were delayed having the sync set to "never" but I do know some were. Others would roll right in... for now I'm set at 5 minutes with push on and I will see how things go from here.

Bob

12-24-15 12:49 PM
    Turning this on made all the difference for me. Blackberry guys have been very helpful.

No more syncing problems.

Attached Thumbnails Email not loading unless hub Refreshed on Priv-115342.jpg  
    12-24-15 06:18 PM
    Email not loading unless hub Refreshed on Priv-115343.jpg

This is the right screen shot

nyplaya610 likes this.
    12-24-15 06:19 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	115343.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	385586

This is the right screen shot

???

Edit: I see now.

Last edited by Beef_Jerky; 12-24-15 at 07:46 PM.
    12-24-15 07:32 PM
    Hi SierraPappa

I tried your following instructions:

Uninstall the update for the hub.
    Uninstall the update for BlackBerry Services.
    Set them both in Play Store to not Auto Update.
    Reboot.

and it worked for me.

I got the BlackBerry Priv since Nov 2015 and didn't run any email issues until now. Tried troubleshooting of deleting and adding emails and that didn't work. Service provider, Telus, didn't know what cause was.

After uninstalling the BlackBerry Hub and BlackBerry Services and re-installing them from Play Store and then adding back on email accounts, emails started working again.
    02-14-16 10:35 AM
    And another 2 things to check while we're at it...

1) System Settings --> Accounts --> 3 dots in top right corner --> Auto-sync personal data should be ON
    2) System Settings --> Accounts --> BlackBerry Hub --> Messages should be ON

Thanks! I was having the same problem and this fixed it for me.
    03-01-16 05:48 PM
    Thanks! I was having the same problem and this fixed it for me.
    I'd love to get to the bottom of what is causing this to get turned off for so many users. I can't surmise whether it's something in OS updates (I don't believe so as I've never had this and OTA update almost once a day), or whether it's a 3rd party app turning this off - something like a battery optimizer or similar.

The good news is that in the next coming release, we trigger a notification into the tray if we detect that this has been turned off and provide an easy way to turn it back ON from there. Hopefully that helps people out a bit...
    fanisk likes this.
    03-03-16 12:43 PM
36 12