If what you are feeling is a brief "zap" when you first make contact with the device, but then no other "zap" when you immediately contact it again, then it is static electricity.
    As you are on a carpet, it is very very common to build up a static electrical charge on your person as you walk about, even more so if in dry environments (like when your AC is running).
    Once you make a connection to ground, your static charge will discharge and you will feel a "zap" that the grounding point, like when you touch an appliance, computer, your plugged in BlackBerry, or another person.
    Static electricity is harmless to people, other than the "zap" may make you flinch enough to slip or drop.
    Electronics don't like static, as it is strong enough to damage them.
    So if may be best to change your habits, like wearing a different material shoe or increasing the humidity just a bit to lessen the static charge build up.

If what you are feeling is a continuous "tingle", a slow discharge that starts off very noticeable then slowly tapers off, or you get a "zap" each time you repeatedly touch the plugged in device, that is a sign of a very serious, and potentially deadly, electrical problem with the wiring in your house.
    Sometimes referred to as a Ground Fault, it basically is an issue where a "hot" wire within the wiring of your house is crossing up with the "ground" wiring to a certain degree. The result is that items that are normally grounded, like the metal housing of a toaster or the body of your BlackBerry, now has a path to the hot wire. This means when you touch these items, you provide an additional path to ground for electricity sourced from your house wiring. The "deadly" part of this is factored by what degree the fault is. If it is a full ground fault, depending on your electrical feed to your house, it can be several hundred volts and can kill. If you are just getting a "tingle" then the fault is minor, but by no means should it be ignored as ground faults do not get better on their owe, they always get worse.
    Here are the common causes of Ground Faults:
    LEADING INITIATORS OF FAULTS / % OF ALL FAULTS
    Exposure to moisture / 22.5%
    Shorting by tools, rodents, etc. / 18.0%
    Exposure to dust / 14.5%
    Other mechanical damage / 12.1%
    Exposure to chemicals / 9.0%
    Normal deterioration from age / 7.0%

If this is you symptom, get an electrical inspection performed on your house ASAP.
    09-20-16 08:45 AM
    If what you are feeling is a brief "zap" when you first make contact with the device, but then no other "zap" when you immediately contact it again, then it is static electricity.
    As you are on a carpet, it is very very common to build up a static electrical charge on your person as you walk about, even more so if in dry environments (like when your AC is running).
    Once you make a connection to ground, your static charge will discharge and you will feel a "zap" that the grounding point, like when you touch an appliance, computer, your plugged in BlackBerry, or another person.
    Static electricity is harmless to people, other than the "zap" may make you flinch enough to slip or drop.
    Electronics don't like static, as it is strong enough to damage them.
    So if may be best to change your habits, like wearing a different material shoe or increasing the humidity just a bit to lessen the static charge build up.

If what you are feeling is a continuous "tingle", a slow discharge that starts off very noticeable then slowly tapers off, or you get a "zap" each time you repeatedly touch the plugged in device, that is a sign of a very serious, and potentially deadly, electrical problem with the wiring in your house.
    Sometimes referred to as a Ground Fault, it basically is an issue where a "hot" wire within the wiring of your house is crossing up with the "ground" wiring to a certain degree. The result is that items that are normally grounded, like the metal housing of a toaster or the body of your BlackBerry, now has a path to the hot wire. This means when you touch these items, you provide an additional path to ground for electricity sourced from your house wiring. The "deadly" part of this is factored by what degree the fault is. If it is a full ground fault, depending on your electrical feed to your house, it can be several hundred volts and can kill. If you are just getting a "tingle" then the fault is minor, but by no means should it be ignored as ground faults do not get better on their owe, they always get worse.
    Here are the common causes of Ground Faults:
    LEADING INITIATORS OF FAULTS / % OF ALL FAULTS
    Exposure to moisture / 22.5%
    Shorting by tools, rodents, etc. / 18.0%
    Exposure to dust / 14.5%
    Other mechanical damage / 12.1%
    Exposure to chemicals / 9.0%
    Normal deterioration from age / 7.0%

If this is you symptom, get an electrical inspection performed on your house ASAP.
    Have same problem with Elephone M3. Enhanced when touch ground...ground is for example housing of computer, water tap wet floor/wet sweat shoes.
    In my case the usbC plug-cable connection isl lose, therefore most time only one wire is connected to charger and works like an antenna, it generates inductive voltage from chargers high voltage. I can measure about 40 Volts, but only for a part of a second. Thats it what bites in my ear.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-07-17 11:32 AM
    So, I was just on a call using my DTEK60, while charging, and thought there was a jagged piece of plastic cutting my ear. Sure enough, there was not. I disconnected the charger and there was no longer a problem. I've never heard of such issue, so I immediately came here to search it. Sure enough, I'm not alone.

This certainly isn't my first BlackBerry being used while charging on the same power outlet. I've used this charger, and talked on the phone, while charging in other locations before. I guess, to be sure it's the phone, I'll have to test another charger from another location.

Pretty scary, nonetheless.
    08-03-17 12:38 AM
28 12