When a new email comes in from the hub, a popup notification with the option to reply, snooze, or delete appears. How do I change this so I have the option to mark as read? I never delete emails, and I have no idea what snooze does. The option to mark as read from the notification would be super useful.

Z10 ---> Passport ---> PRIV
    03-25-16 03:56 PM
    Well, first snooze means "bring up this notification later" but as per what you are asking for, I have not used your device b4 so I have no idea if there is a setting to turn that on or replace one of the alredy given option. Still I doubt there is. Your best bet is still to click read and then back. You might only loose some seconds
    03-25-16 07:18 PM
    You can't.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-25-16 08:27 PM
    When a new email comes in from the hub, a popup notification with the option to reply, snooze, or delete appears. How do I change this so I have the option to mark as read? I never delete emails, and I have no idea what snooze does. The option to mark as read from the notification would be super useful.

Z10 ---> Passport ---> PRIV
    No, you can't do such change.
    03-26-16 02:16 PM
    Here's to hoping this feature is added in the future! It's definitely possible.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-16 03:20 PM
    Want this too.

Snooze is stupid.

03-26-16 06:01 PM
    I actually really like the snooze feature. It allows me to keep my inbox relatively clean, and snooze emails till I'm ready to deal with them eg reminder to pay a bill or whatever.

Ecm likes this.
    03-27-16 01:23 PM
    I actually really like the snooze feature. It allows me to keep my inbox relatively clean, and snooze emails till I'm ready to deal with them eg reminder to pay a bill or whatever.

OK, but not having Mark as Read is inexplicable.

I fear that the email trend seems to be moving away from Mark as Read. Gmail doesn't seem to care about this in the app. It has no Mark All Read. It doesn't let you see unread exclusively. It shows the entire Deleted Items as unread.

Do people not care about unread emails anymore???

03-28-16 08:09 PM

I fear that the email trend seems to be moving away from Mark as Read. Gmail doesn't seem to care about this in the app. It has no Mark All Read. It doesn't let you see unread exclusively. It shows the entire Deleted Items as unread.

Do people not care about unread emails anymore???

See, while I can understand why you'd want a mark as read option, I personally don't want to mark my emails read until I you know, actually read them.

I think that's how most people do things.

03-30-16 12:39 AM
    See, while I can understand why you'd want a mark as read option, I personally don't want to mark my emails read until I you know, actually read them.

I think that's how most people do things.

What I really want is for the Hub to automatically mark read an email that I delete. If I determine an email should be deleted based on the sender and subject, I should be able to delete it without opening it, and it should not show unread in deleted items. Nine has this option. Hub should too.

03-30-16 05:34 AM
    What I really want is for the Hub to automatically mark read an email that I delete. If I determine an email should be deleted based on the sender and subject, I should be able to delete it without opening it, and it should not show unread in deleted items. Nine has this option. Hub should too.

Confused as to what you mean. When I delete an email, it's deleted. Regardless of whether I read it or not.

It doesn't snow me any deleted unread emails.

03-30-16 08:16 AM
    Confused as to what you mean. When I delete an email, it's deleted. Regardless of whether I read it or not.

It doesn't snow me any deleted unread emails.

I understand what you mean, but:

1.) The Priv will show unread deleted emails if you sync the Deleted Items folder. It will show them as an unread filed email. You cannot hide unread filed emails from Hub view, stupidly I'd prefer to have that sync on, but OK, I'll leave off for now until they fix it.

2.) Even with that off, my Outlook (or Gmail) will show me unread deleted (archived, in the case of Gmail) emails. It shows an "unread" number in outlook next to the Deleted Items folder. Because of my OCD, this bothers me

The solution is for the Hub to mark any email that is deleted or filed as READ at the same time as it's deleted or fled. This is a wonderful feature on Nine which I wish they would bring to Hub.
    03-30-16 09:38 AM
    Alright, I guess I understand now. I think by default people don't keep their deleted folders synched, which is why these apps work the way they do.

Your use case scenario is different. Yeah, hopefully they fix it for you.
    03-30-16 10:45 AM
    You can't.

Yet
    03-31-16 12:00 PM
    If only software developers and test engineers grew on trees!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-31-16 12:03 PM
    You added it!!!!!

*dances*

05-02-16 06:48 PM
    Yes sir, we did
    05-03-16 10:30 PM