I don't know the order certain words are presented on my keyboard but I would like a different order at times. Example: I use hashtags and have many saved but sometimes the wrong one is on the screen. Is there a way to move or slide to change to the next suggested word?

Another example.... I tweet and want hashtag #apple but I only see #orange listed on keyboard. If I select #orange #apple pops up next but I only wanted #apple. Is there a way to slide or select other suggested words first? Right now I belive they pop up in the order you use them.

Hope u understood the question.

Thanks.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    06-12-16 08:39 AM
    I'm assuming that you're using the BlackBerry Keyboard for input; otherwise some of the following isn't going to be applicable.

The top suggestions are ordered by probability according to preceding text and what you've started to type. This is based partly on "static" language data for your selected input language and partly on learned patterns from your typing, which continue to be adjusted based on frequency and recency of use.

How the top suggestions are presented depends on your settings and whether you're using the physical keyboard or the on-screen keyboard (slider closed.)

If you're primarily using your PRIV with the slider closed and haven't changed any BlackBerry Keyboard settings, most languages will have a few top suggested words laid out over the keyboard positioned according to the next character in the word. However, they're laid out one at a time starting with the top ranked word, and in many cases some words will be skipped because they would collide with already laid out words.

For example, if I've typed "I like to eat " the top few words might be ranked in the order "apples", "asparagus", "oranges", "out" and "early". With "apples" placed above the 'a' key, "asparagus" would be skipped, and with "oranges" above the 'o' key, "out" would be skipped.

The expected way to get a more refined list is just to start/continue typing. From the position described above, if I type 'a' I should see apples move above the 'p' key and 'asparagus' appear above the 's' key, while "out" and "oranges" are no longer offered as top suggestions.

If you open the slider or if you turn off the setting found at "Settings > Language & Input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and correction > Prefer on key predictions", you should always get the top three choices (with the top ranked in the middle), and in this case if there's a larger set offered you'll see an ellipsis ("..") under the middle prediction; you can long press to get a bigger set. You can also continue typing to refine the list in this case.

Hope that helps!
    Mark from BlackBerry
    1122334455667788 and 6120111 like this.
    06-14-16 07:01 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Appreciated.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    06-14-16 06:22 PM
    your message is very helpful, but can you help me understand how to actually select the proposed text that is above each letter when the keyboard is slid shut? when I try to touch it, it just gives me the letter itself.
    12-07-16 10:51 AM
    your message is very helpful, but can you help me understand how to actually select the proposed text that is above each letter when the keyboard is slid shut? when I try to touch it, it just gives me the letter itself.
    You need to swipe up from the letter on which the suggested word is written.
    12-07-16 11:39 AM
    You have to SWIPE UP on the letter. And after all this time, my technique still needs work.

Welcome to Crackberry.
    12-07-16 11:45 AM